Ziethen

Anime & Manga Thread

didnt say art. also berserk is a very good manga as well.

My bad, thought we were still talking art, haven't read Kingdom personally so can't comment on it besides the art.

First OT post since MLG, but I just had to ask:

Is anyone else sorely disappointed with The Breaker series on hiatus, possible retirement?

It was my all time favorite series, and Park Jin-Hwuan quickly became my favorite comic artist.

I can honestly say, The Breaker was the only series from which the artwork alone could invoke catharsis in me on a consistent basis.

I'd be surprised if they don't continue with it, as for disappointed in the hiatus, yeah, but I'd be surprised if they don't finish it(especially as the last New Waves chapter is setting us up for it more than it needs to).

The Breaker = that series that I can't really let go but at the same time I really want to because I dont know when they will be coming back(reason #1 I dont want to read Ruler of the Land either)

The Breaker = that series that I can't really let go but at the same time I really want to because I dont know when they will be coming back(reason #1 I dont want to read Ruler of the Land either)

youll never know this type of suffering until you read Berserk or even Hunter x Hunter

youll never know this type of suffering until you read Berserk or even Hunter x Hunter

The way Hunter x Hunter is handled makes me livid. 

I gave up on Berserk LONG ago...it was good but then they made me wait and then it wasnt as good so fuck it....

The Breaker tho...ever single chapter ends in such a high note....unreal.

So I've been thinking of watching Sword Art on Netflix and was wondering if it was worth it. Good or nah?

Yeah it's good.

The first like 16 episodes are amazing. And then you'll be like meh

Ive watched Walking Dead. I know meh shows.

Ive watched Walking Dead. I know meh shows.

I would just recommend watching something else. Like I said it starts off amazing and then strays away from the roots for a looong time. Like halfway through season 2 it gets back to that but I stopped watching at that point

whoa has anyone paying attention to DB Super? Future Trunks returns from his timeline (the future) barely alive.

New main enemy next arc is Goku Black.

Im fuckin dead!!!

the plot for DBS sounds really bad

Nah

besides, that's the intermission between the next universal tournament arc

which features fighters from all of the 12 universes going head to head.

we'll meet the other gods of destruction, as well as the best fighters from each universe.

the greatest way to close the franchise. best fighters going head to head in a tenkaichi budokai, totally freaking fitting lol

So I've been thinking of watching Sword Art on Netflix and was wondering if it was worth it. Good or nah?

If you really want to watch it you're better off stopping after the first arc, which is ep like 14 or 16 or something. After that it gets a lot worse. But if you've ever played an MMO (especially WoW) you'll probably like Log Horizon more than SoA. Though I found LH rather boring.

DBS's strong suit isn't its story or plot(I'd agree that its story & plot are boring by themselves).

And isn't Log Horizon that series where they discuss bread for a whole episode?

DBS's strong suit isn't its story or plot(I'd agree that its story & plot are boring by themselves).

And isn't Log Horizon that series where they discuss bread for a whole episode?

how is a tournament between 2 universes "boring?"

heck, how is a tournament between 12 universes boring?

DB's plot is definitely progressing quickly and STILL just heating up  compared to the first 45 episodes of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z and GT.

So much has already happened in 45 episodes, meanwhile in Z 45 episodes in and Goku was getting his ass kicked by Frieza (IF we go by kai episodes, which is WAY faster than regular Z...)