Ziethen

Anime & Manga Thread

Just finished SAO and i enjoyed it! Being my 2nd anime i ever watched so dont make fun of me yet. 2nd half was eh but was bearable. 

Any other suggestions? i literally just started watching anime so anything you throw at me will be appreciated 

I say start out with the basics. Watch Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Death Note, and Cowboy Bebop

Yuyu hakusho, Inuyasha, Attack on Titan are also basic.

If you liked Sao you might like Log Horizon.

You know what is just fucking bullshit. Naruto Shippuden. The Manga is done, but they are still doing fillers. There has been 48 episodes this year. Out of the 48 episodes this year, 11 were actually from the manga. 37!!!!!!!!!!!!! 37 fucking fillers this year. Holy fucking shit are they milking this anime

I haven't watched Naruto for over a year, there was that one year they said "no more fillers for the rest of the year" and they pretty much stayed true to it. They had a couple fillers but it was a advertising/marketing thing for a new game or w/e, but as soon as the new year hit man, the first episode of the new year was the start of a filler. I stopped watching then, I don't think its ended yet. I really don't even care at this point about watching it, I kinda was just wanting to finish it since I started watching it when I was younger, just to finish it sorta thing. But at this point, I don't even really care and forget it even exists most of the time.

Loved the 1st episode of Boku No Hero Academia.

Started watching dragon ball super recently(ish), got to ep like 28 and its been about a month+ since, completely lost interest in it. For anyone that watches it, does it get good?

The whole "fight at your max power because I won't be holding back, oh what you weren't fighting at your best, neither was I, fight at your max now kay, oh you weren't still, me either - repeat " angle for every fight got old to me. Then again its dbz and thats like the entirety of the show.

The whole shit with freeza was dumb too.

If anyone is trying to get into DB Super, watch the Beerus saga (Kissanime dotcom goat), skip the bumass Golden Frieza saga, and dive right into the universal tournament saga.

WOW!!!

What an amazing saga this Universal Tournament has been. It has been great so far and episode 39 might be the GREATEST Super episode by far.

SPOILERS:

THIS NIKKA GOKU HIT SUPER SAIYAN BLUE - A UNIVERSE-BUSTING POWER ALREADY - AND SHOOTS UP HIS SSB POWER X10 WITH KAIOKEN X10 WHILE SSB. MOTHERFUCKING WHAT.

AND MOTHERFUCKING HIT STILL KEEPS UP WITH HIM

WTF

so yah @@Lazer it does indeed get amazing after bumass Frieza dies again. i dont know hwat possessed you to stop watching it after that, but you done goof'd fam.

Waiting for the dub master race before I watch db super.

Also yay, this anime season doesn't suck ass like the last 3 have.

Dragon Ball Super fighting, and animation are average as fuck. Also listening to Goku, Gohan, and the abomination King Kai in the subbed version make me want to stab my ears.

Dragon Ball Super fighting, and animation are average as fuck. Also listening to Goku, Gohan, and the abomination King Kai in the subbed version make me want to stab my ears.

trust me i know what you mean. the animation is completely fucking terrible compared to prime 1995 Z/GT. half the reason I watch DBZ is because of how badass the animation/illustration is. 

BUT

it is new content every week, new feats every week, new characters, new story, etc 

so im not too mad about it

CGI got much better since the first teaser, Susumu Hirasawa will do the soundtrack again and shadows are done like they are done in the manga. To top it off, crunchyroll has it as its heavy hitter this summer, I think I saw mention of the dub being made within a month after it comes out, hopefully the same cast as always, got to have more of dem sweet outtakes.

Also, a Berserk anime past Eclipse? Unheard of.  :walshy:

the CGI still looks awful

Berserk is like top 5 manga art of all time but the new anime looks like shit lol

Well yeah, but compared to the PS2 Tekken CGI we got last teaser it looks much better(the skeleton scene looks the same though). Hopefully it keeps improving.

First OT post since MLG, but I just had to ask:

Is anyone else sorely disappointed with The Breaker series on hiatus, possible retirement?

It was my all time favorite series, and Park Jin-Hwuan quickly became my favorite comic artist.

I can honestly say, The Breaker was the only series from which the artwork alone could invoke catharsis in me on a consistent basis.

the CGI still looks awful

Berserk is like top 5 manga art of all time but the new anime looks like shit lol

funny how kingdom is a top 5 manga, but the animation for the 2 seasons is worse than this.

why are they even doing just straight CGI it looks so bad

CGI takes less time & $$$$ to make, so I assume that's why. They do use some post processing on it, but would've been nice if they would draw over it or something instead though, seems like it'll only be for the action bits from what we've seen so far, we'll probably get a better overview of it when an actual trailer drops instead of just a teaser.

funny how kingdom is a top 5 manga, but the animation for the 2 seasons is worse than this.

idk if I would say that Kingdom got top 5 manga art. Compare it to Berserk for example, and it looks really rough.

First OT post since MLG, but I just had to ask:

Is anyone else sorely disappointed with The Breaker series on hiatus, possible retirement?

It was my all time favorite series, and Park Jin-Hwuan quickly became my favorite comic artist.

I can honestly say, The Breaker was the only series from which the artwork alone could invoke catharsis in me on a consistent basis.

gotdayum bruh, i havent seen you post in 6 years

i miss mlg smh

CGI takes less time & $$$$ to make, so I assume that's why. They do use some post processing on it, but would've been nice if they would draw over it or something instead though, seems like it'll only be for the action bits from what we've seen so far, we'll probably get a better overview of it when an actual trailer drops instead of just a teaser.

idk if I would say that Kingdom got top 5 manga art. Compare it to Berserk for example, and it looks really rough.

didnt say art. also berserk is a very good manga as well.