Ziethen

Anime & Manga Thread

I didn't even know this thread existed.... Code Geass top 1 right now

I didn't even know this thread existed.... Code Geass top 1 right now

Its pretty funny how many people have said that about other threads I post in. This forum really has it all

Code Geass was pretty good but what else have you seen? 

Its pretty funny how many people have said that about other threads I post in. This forum really has it all

Code Geass was pretty good but what else have you seen? 

Kuroko's Basketball

Log Horizon

Sword Art Online

Naruto

My Teen Romantic Comedy (Watched on a whim one night, it's now my favorite of all time)

Nekomonogatari Black

Bakemonogatari

Katanagatri

Kuroko's Basketball

Log Horizon

Sword Art Online

Naruto

My Teen Romantic Comedy (Watched on a whim one night, it's now my favorite of all time)

Nekomonogatari Black

Bakemonogatari

Katanagatri

only overlap I have is SAO which i didn't even finish mid second season

only overlap I have is SAO which i didn't even finish mid second season

SAO was okay, but it's the first anime that I watched outside of Naruto and DBZ. The books for it are much much better.

Off that list I would say My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (forgot the SNAFU bit) is the best if you like really good character development, depth, philosophy, and some comedy thrown in. Wasn't expecting much, found an anime I feel is worth talking about.

SAO was okay, but it's the first anime that I watched outside of Naruto and DBZ. The books for it are much much better.

Off that list I would say My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU (forgot the SNAFU bit) is the best if you like really good character development, depth, philosophy, and some comedy thrown in. Wasn't expecting much, found an anime I feel is worth talking about.

Probably not my genre. I'm into psychological thrillers like Code geass, Death note, Psycho pass, Ghost in the shell

Probably not my genre. I'm into psychological thrillers like Code geass, Death note, Psycho pass, Ghost in the shell

I like Code Geass, but for the life of me I couldn't get into Death Note. Ghost in the shell was alright while I watched it. Never seen Psycho Pass though.

I like Code Geass, but for the life of me I couldn't get into Death Note. Ghost in the shell was alright while I watched it. Never seen Psycho Pass though.

Heres what I've seen in my ranking order

A tier

Attack on Titan

Death Note

SAO first 16 episodes lol

B Tier

Code Geass

Samurai Champloo

Psycho Pass

C tier

Kaze no Stigma

Kill la Kill

N/A: Ghost in the shell (not finished), DBZ (cant really rank it because I cant be unbiased with it)

A tier

Attack on Titan

Death Note

B Tier

Code Geass

Samurai Champloo

Psycho Pass

C tier

Kaze no Stigma

Kill la Kill

N/A: Ghost in the shell (not finished), DBZ (cant really rank it because I cant be unbiased with it)

Both versions of Fullmetal Alchemist?

Man, this season has been pretty dire. I've dropped most of the shows airing, leaving me only four I've bothered to keep up with (and two of those are continuations of shows I was already invested in!)

On the bright side, I've been able to do some clearing of my backlog, so that's a plus.

A tier

Attack on Titan

Death Note

B Tier

Code Geass

Samurai Champloo

Psycho Pass

C tier

Kaze no Stigma

Kill la Kill

This was really painful to read

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel bad for you I really do

The Breaker > Ruler of the Land > 

Also...Hokuto No Ken, end.

A tier

Attack on Titan

Death Note

B Tier

Code Geass

Samurai Champloo

Psycho Pass

C tier

Kaze no Stigma

Kill la Kill

wtf Kill la Kill is GOD TIER!

2f4.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

wtf Kill la Kill is GOD TIER!

2f4.gif

lol we talked about this i thought? Just found it to be such a weird show lol

lol we talked about this i thought? Just found it to be such a weird show lol

That's what makes it so good. hahha

You didn't like Attack on Titan???!!!!

Never liked it, no. And since I never really watch anime(as I'm more of a manga reader), I've read the first chapter of the manga, and didn't like it at all(let's not talk about the art, which is just bloody awful).

@@theslatcher you tried hunter x hunter?

Some years ago I tried it alongside Toriko, idk, can't remember much from it, maybe I should give it another shot, but what I've heard the manga har entered Berserk territory in regards of hiatus(but I bet HxH's author doesn't say the reason is because he had became addicted to an eroge game).

Also, my top tiers of manga;

Tier A:

Berserk

Most of Naoki Urasawa's mangas(Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto, Billy Bat)

Tier B:

Hokuto No Ken(The second half of it is it's weakest part)

Rookies

Tier C:

Death Note(As with Hokuto No Ken, the ending was it's weakest part)

The Breaker

That new DBZ movie gave me the feeling of watching the first Pokemon movie in theatres, nice sense of wonderment and family fun. Felt like a nerd though cause random audience members would say shit like 'Super Saiyan GOD?' 'Why are they (they being pilaf n friends) still so young?' meanwhile IM the one of the few in the room with answers cause I obsessed over the movie for nearly a year haha

Overall though, Vegeta needed his moment, and he got it.

Never liked it, no. And since I never really watch anime(as I'm more of a manga reader), I've read the first chapter of the manga, and didn't like it at all(let's not talk about the art, which is just bloody awful).

Some years ago I tried it alongside Toriko, idk, can't remember much from it, maybe I should give it another shot, but what I've heard the manga har entered Berserk territory in regards of hiatus(but I bet HxH's author doesn't say the reason is because he had became addicted to an eroge game).

Also, my top tiers of manga;

Tier A:

Berserk

Most of Naoki Urasawa's mangas(Monster, 20th Century Boys, Pluto, Billy Bat)

Tier B:

Hokuto No Ken(The second half of it is it's weakest part)

Rookies

Tier C:

Death Note(As with Hokuto No Ken, the ending was it's weakest part)

The Breaker

The art style is one of AoT's best features tho

I unno about the manga tho. Manga is shit for that anyways. Everything's black and white anyways. Doesn't have the polish the animes have

That new DBZ movie gave me the feeling of watching the first Pokemon movie in theatres, nice sense of wonderment and family fun. Felt like a nerd though cause random audience members would say shit like 'Super Saiyan GOD?' 'Why are they (they being pilaf n friends) still so young?' meanwhile IM the one of the few in the room with answers cause I obsessed over the movie for nearly a year haha

Overall though, Vegeta needed his moment, and he got it.

I was chuckling when the crowd was getting hype for the AoT live action film. I'm a big fan of the anime, but thst trailer looked so shite lol

I'm glad no one clapped at the end. Only my buddy tried a slow clap, but as a joke

Also I can only rank what I have seen. Shows can move up and down the list as I see them. Just in case that isn't obvious

Like I said I haven't watched a lot of anime.

AoT is the best anime I've watched. This is besides movies of course.

SOA is uo there as well. Enjoyed the 2 seasons, stopped caring when the 3rd season was released.

Death Note is awesome. Never go to finish it before it was spoiled for me tho so I only know about the first half of it.

DBZ is top tier for me, but only because e of childhood memories. If I watched it now for the first time I'd probably think it's stupid because of how bad the plots are. I watched The history of trunks (I think that was the name of the movie?)... so bad

I've watched evangelion, but I stopped watching when I was about 2 episodes from finishing it. I'm gonna have to rewatch it all because I have no idea wtf is going on lol. I'm told the explanation is saved for the ending on the series or something like that.

Shippuden isn't terrible, isn't the best, but if you're down for a Shonen, it's not a bad option

Still need to finish FM: Brotherhood. On the last season, but took a huge break. So I unno if I'll finish it

Tried watching some Soul Eater. Watched the first season. Is ok

• Upvote (+1) 1

Like I said I haven't watched a lot of anime.

AoT is the best anime I've watched. This is besides movies of course.

Death Note is awesome. Never go to finish it before it was spoiled for me tho so I only know about the first half of it.

DBZ is top tier for me, but only because e of childhood memories. If I watched it now for the first time I'd probably think it's stupid because of how bad the plots are. I watched The history of trunks (I think that was the name of the movie?)... so bad

The DBZ movies are mostly cliches. Some are pretty hype tho.