Ziethen

Anime & Manga Thread

So, I'm about to start watching Attack On Titan; how awesome is it?

20/10

• Upvote (+1) 3

20/10

5 episodes in; it's pretty freaking good.

I'mma wait until I finish it to give me love / hate review.

5 episodes in; it's pretty freaking good.

I'mma wait until I finish it to give me love / hate review.

AoT is one of the mangas I found back when we were still on the mlg forums. Shit is dope as fuck.

Another one you should check out is 'Akame ga Kill!' which now has 5 or 6 anime episodes. It starts slow, but it gives you enough of a taste to keep your interest until it really starts to pick up. The art style in the manga is phenomenal.

And if you're up for some reading, Tower of God > Life

• Upvote (+1) 2

AoT is one of the mangas I found back when we were still on the mlg forums. Shit is dope as fuck.

Another one you should check out is 'Akame ga Kill!' which now has 5 or 6 anime episodes. It starts slow, but it gives you enough of a taste to keep your interest until it really starts to pick up. The art style in the manga is phenomenal.

And if you're up for some reading, Tower of God > Life

Thanks dude.

I'm no anime nerd by any means. My anime consists of Afro Samurai and Dragon Ball Z with a few others I don't remember sprinkled in there.

I'mma finish AoT before I try to start another one.

Alright, so, I just finished Attack on Titan. 

Let's start off by saying I'm not anime expert nor do I have extensive knowledge of the anime culture, that being said, I'm not really sure what to think of Attack on Titan - I'll just go off the top of my head.

Holy cliff hangers - is anime always like that? Seems like every single episodes ended on some crazy note that made you go, WTF?! I mean, I know it's a normal thing to do for television to keep you interested, but damn.

18 minute episodes - is that the standard or is it just random? AoT had 3-5 minute intro's and a 2-4 minute outro. Not that this bothered me, it just seems odd and kind of pointless.

WHY DOES EVERYONE YELL SO MUCH?? - If I had one draw back to the entire thing, it would be the over-exaggeration in their voices; they yelled at everyone and anything for no reason. It kind of got my nerves at some points but I just pushed through it because I assumed it was normal for anime?

So much weird and random emotion - just like the yelling, seems like the emotions are out of whack. I assume it's normal and it seems normal from the anime's I have seen, but I just don't get why?

Overall though, I thought it was good. Kept me entertained for the most part, especially with cliff hangers every episodes, ha. I did like how each episodes was directly related which was nice to keep a consistence pace and timeline through out the entire series.

@@Synyster im no expert myself but ill share some of my thoughts, i think cliffhangers are especially used for that show because of all the deaths that happen on a regular basis

the length is pretty normal, around 20-24 min of actual show content i would say

yelling isnt exclusive to most anime, i would probably say the type that you watched. its catered toward the young male. action, fighting, comedy and whatnot

• Upvote (+1) 1

You all should man da fuck up and watch Akame Ga Kill and/or read da manga

im watching Akame ga Kill and its pretty sweet so far

Eren Jaeger is truly the worst protagonist from any series ive ever watched/read. Episode 1: Screaming crying pissbaby Eren shouts "I will kill all titans". Final episode: Screaming crying pissbaby Eren shouts "I will kill all titans". Sick character development right there. 

im watching Akame ga Kill and its pretty sweet so far

Eren Jaeger is truly the worst protagonist from any series ive ever watched/read. Episode 1: Screaming crying pissbaby Eren shouts "I will kill all titans". Final episode: Screaming crying pissbaby Eren shouts "I will kill all titans". Sick character development right there. 

Its hard to like him, but they focus deeply on other more interesting characters that it doesn't really bother me too much.

Anyways I just finished AoT

----SPOLIERS---

When the female Titan was going to kill Armin and then let him live and them Armin and the those two guys were trying to get a third horse and then that random girl Christa came over with the horse I thought she was going to be the female Titan. I also thought it was possibly Annie but that just seemed like a small hint that I picked up on. 

Also Mikasa....  :walshy:  :walshy:  :walshy:

--END SPOILERS--

Finally finished watching Black Bullet. It's only 13 episodes long and it's worth watching.

Honestly, even though she was bad as fuck... Mikasa annoyed me with her constant "Eren!" bull shit. I swear, half of her lines were simply her yelling his name. 

Honestly, even though she was bad as fuck... Mikasa annoyed me with her constant "Eren!" bull shit. I swear, half of her lines were simply her yelling his name. 

haha I know. I just imagined someone one would make a video of her saying it every single time, and so I did my research and found this. Pretty damn funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwOl7uLpnd0

Finished Zetsuen no Tempest. First half was really good, second half was kinda eh but overall it was a good show.

Oh yeah and a great ost IMO

Berserk was my favorite anime series of all time. I know they did a remake but I never got around to watching it. Has anyone seen the remade series?

Berserk was my favorite anime series of all time. I know they did a remake but I never got around to watching it. Has anyone seen the remade series?

Read the manga

Read the manga

I used to have a few of the first books several years ago which I read. 

I haven't really watched any anime or read manga in a while, but I want to check some out again. 

I used to have a few of the first books several years ago which I read. 

I haven't really watched any anime or read manga in a while, but I want to check some out again. 

The manga is fucking amazing. The artwork is beautiful and the story is consistently on point. 

I know I'm probably late as hell to the party but I just watched Sword Art Online and Deathnote, 10/10

I just watched SAO in 3 days. I enjoyed it but once they got out of the first MMO the remaining episodes were weird/not as good.