Ziethen

Anime & Manga Thread

p1945744723.jpg
  • Discuss current and ongoing animes and mangas (use spoiler tags for spoilers!)
  • Request or give recommendations
  • Write reviews if you want
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I just finished watching Samurai Champloo.

Is good. Do watch.

People should recommend good anime for me to watch on Netflix. I'm really just starting to get into this again.

I also need some netflix recomendations. Samurai Champloo is one of my all time favorites up there with Death note, and Trigun.

Samurai Champloo is pretty good. Samurai 7 is also good.

My favorite new animes this season are Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) and Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet. I recommend both of those for sure if you haven't seen them. They're both on episode 10, I believe.

SAO is pretty good. The animation is great, and the setting is awesome. On the other hand, the pacing is god-awful (like really, really bad), and the ending of the second season (they haven't made a third yet) is pretty abysmal.

Samurai Champloo is pretty good. Samurai 7 is also good.

My favorite new animes this season are Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) and Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet. I recommend both of those for sure if you haven't seen them. They're both on episode 10, I believe.

What's the plot behind samurai 7?

It is based off of some old Japanese movie, but placed into a steampunk-ish setting. A farming village is tired of paying tribute to the oppressive government, so they send a priestess to find and hire samurai to defend the village. She finds seven samurai, and they had to fend off the government forces.

At least, that is the very, very shortened version. It is one of the animes where the first half is better than the second half, though.

Oh man ongoing mangas I read:

One Piece (also watching the Anime)

Naruto

Bleach

Fairy Tail

Minamoto- kun monogatari (let's call it Aunt Tits)

AKB48

Magi

Soul Eater

Magi Sinbad spin off

and some others (mostly stuff that isn't that well known)

Finished Mangas? Damn way too many

Full Metal Alchemist

DragonBall 

Death Note

and so many more.

One Punch Man is my favorite manga.

Shit how did I miss OPM, of course I also read OPM

and of course Attack on Titan/ Shingeki no Kyojin

Ice how are you feeling about One Piece right now?

The current arc has me so intrigued. With Law and the strawhats joining up.

as for bleach i'm excited for it to end I think. Though it's getting good.

Naruto meh.. anymore but still want it to end well.

Berserk is my all time favorite manga and anime.  If you haven't, you need to check it out... It's older, but soooo good.

Berserk is my all time favorite manga and anime.  If you haven't, you need to check it out... It's older, but soooo good.

Berserk is really great, I finished watching it a couple months ago but I haven't seen the movies yet.

Ice how are you feeling about One Piece right now?

The current arc has me so intrigued. With Law and the strawhats joining up.

as for bleach i'm excited for it to end I think. Though it's getting good.

Naruto meh.. anymore but still want it to end well.

I will put my answer also in spoilertags, I hope you mean Mangawise, if not, don't click because it will be spoilers

I usually dislike tournament arcs, but this one CAN be really good if done right, but also will take a long time to finish (the whole Don Rosa arc).  

Law is my new favorite character because of these arcs, so much planning so much power. What I like is lots of new characters and a new Admiral.  

What I don't like is that the strawhats are again splitted and well we will see, but nobody should underestimate Flamingo

Yeah Bleach really took finally some drive and reveals some mysteries, but I also want it to end.

Naruto is a joke at this point and really has to end, the flipflopping in this manga is terrible.

And yeah Berserk is also great, buuuut sooooo many breaks :( hopefully there will be some new chapters soon, same with Hunter X Hunter

I will put my answer also in spoilertags, I hope you mean Mangawise, if not, don't click because it will be spoilers

I usually dislike tournament arcs, but this one CAN be really good if done right, but also will take a long time to finish (the whole Don Rosa arc).  

Law is my new favorite character because of these arcs, so much planning so much power. What I like is lots of new characters and a new Admiral.  

What I don't like is that the strawhats are again splitted and well we will see, but nobody should underestimate Flamingo

Yeah Bleach really took finally some drive and reveals some mysteries, but I also want it to end.

Naruto is a joke at this point and really has to end, the flipflopping in this manga is terrible.

And yeah Berserk is also great, buuuut sooooo many breaks :( hopefully there will be some new chapters soon, same with Hunter X Hunter

Yes I was referring to mangas. Should of been more specific.

Law was always someone I liked when they first introduced him, but now he is definatly one of my favorites. The tournament is introducing lots of new faces which I like and showing off some new DF users. Flamingo is gonna be a fight for Luffy I'd think.

and yeah naruto has been trash lately. Which sucks as it had potential to be great.

I like the main storyline of Naruto, and it has a lot of memorable and awesome characters. On the other hand, I can't bring myself to watch the anime anymore. The problem with long animes is not only the over prevalence of fillers, but also the absurd amount of flash backs. Each episode is really only a half episode. For Naruto, I actually enjoy playing the Ultimate Ninja Storm games rather than watching the anime.

I recently finished Steins;gate and Fate/Zero. They're both top tier animes, and I'd recommend them both to anybody.

Check out The Breaker and The Breaker: New Wave for manga if you like bad ass martial arts stuff.

Just got into one of the Spring 2013 anime releases "Valvrave the Liberator". Not bad so far if I say so myself.

The Devil is a Part Timer is a pretty awesome new anime. I'd recommend everybody check it out. It involves the devil getting a job at McDonalds. That's all you need to know.

Theres an App on the XboxLive Market Place for free called Crackle...Packed with a bunch of random Anime shows with all the seasons, as well as movies...etc