Cujjer

Halo 1 MCC will be broken if based off the PC version

"In halo 1 the path of your bullets was not decided by where your reticle is pointed... made it so that halo 1 took the most aiming skill out of all the halo games"

Your bullets not going where your reticle is pointing is why CE took the most skill? There's this game called Halo Reach you might like.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 11

Our faces when the MCC magnum has PC spread. 

i was/am hoping that was just the game registering my taps as holding the controller down.

can wait to play wizard ctf with 2 rockets on the map

and to just say it a different way, late in chill out games you will actually be able to pick up rockets immediately off spawn and use those rockets to get to overshield before/as it spawns.

or pick up overshield on damnation and then walk over to camo just as it spawns

"In halo 1 the path of your bullets was not decided by where your reticle is pointed... made it so that halo 1 took the most aiming skill out of all the halo games"

Your bullets not going where your reticle is pointing is why CE took the most skill? There's this game called Halo Reach you might like.

the difference is that halo ce's is 100% predictable and not random

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

read it again, if after you have done so you still stand beside that post i will gladly reword it.

I don't think there's any need to worry about powerup times - they have players there who understand the importance of timing powerups.

It's also possible they fixed the 180 glitch without moving to "PC-style" aiming.

There has been nothing specifically saying "we're using the PC version as a base." The one article that mentioned PC fixes doesn't necessarily indicate a direct port from Halo PC to MCC (I can't find the article link). The developers could have solved the Xbox version's problems using the same techniques the PC developers used.

Panic time?

I say no.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 2 PC is also broken, hopefully they use the Xbox versions.

Halo 2 already had a functioning online service. No changes need to be made on that front for it to be acceptable.

Halo 2 already had a functioning online service. No changes need to be made on that front for it to be acceptable.

except 343 are adding the pc maps and h2v already supports 60fps/1080p.

same thing^ applies for hpc as well.

but like minot said, they have players there that understand the game. i wouldn't worry so much about h2 ( tho still worry) b/c all of those players literally played the shit out of h2 and would notice the cringe-worthy changes on h2v. I think gh0st is the only player who dwelled into halo ce land, and I don't know if he has dabbled with it anywhere close to recently.

I'm lying in bed so I cant cap a picture right now, but I'm almost totally sure the "bullet goes where your gun is pointing" is wrong

in split screen if you position the pistol barrel directly into someone's face (based on their screen) when you fire it won't hit because you'd be aiming nowhere near them. This is based on memory so I'll have to check later.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My xbox consistently runs Priz and Dammy at about 10 fps and all the others too in certain situations so I am royally screwed if this comes out as more PC than Xbox H1. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It probably will be based on the PC version. This is 343 we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised at all. 

Lethal said he spoke to 343 at gamescon and they said it's built from the PC version but "with A LOT of fixes". Take that for what it's worth.

This entire thing is turning into one drawn out episode of LOST. So many questions, so few answers - and like LOST, I have a feeling we're going to get barely any answers in the end.

• Upvote (+1) 4

H2 will be broken as well. 343 have already admitted they will leave it broken and full of glitches.

Missed point of OP.  The game was claimed to be ported to the xbox one with the same engine/feel as the original (presumably the xbox version since it was the only version developed by Bungie).  This includes the glitches.  From the xbox Halo 1 player perspective, the game will be 'broken' if the final game isn't true to the xbox version.  Tweaks with the Halo 1 pc port will break the game for the xbox player.  Say what you want about glitches but they were there and part of both games.

Halo 1 does not matter to me

Your name seems to be highly relevant.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1