Cujjer

Halo 1 MCC will be broken if based off the PC version

It do.

I know. He literally just posted a vid about it a couple days ago

NOW HES ACTING LIKE AN ALL

KNOWING ******

I played halo 1 when i was 12 originally, going back to it i know it has its issues.. as with every halo ever made, but some of this stuff you guys are talking about are making my head whirl. fun to read.

I have one thing to say, because I played halo 1 but not that much. If this game is based off the pc version, make it as close to the Xbox version as you can because it was originally only on Xbox. If it is based off of the Xbox version, don't fix the glitches because they were there then and this whole MCC is based off of nostalgia so players want the game how it WAS.

You guys have completely missed the point of why i want it to stay in. If i had never made this thread you would have thought halo 1s aiming was just skillful shot lead. I explained that its not, there is more to it then that, its not difficult to get used to as evidenced by so many people playing the game just fine and if you remove the glitch the shot lead becomes significantly less. less shot lead = easier aiming I really dont like the rockets going into walls thing i just like the shot lead and i will take sideways rockets if it means halo 1s aiming still takes skill.

The fact that you were only 8 years old when Halo CE first came out but yet you have taken part in many discussions of some of the more technical aspects of Halo CE is just a true testament to what a great game this is.

So what OP is asserting is there is more lead required when you are moving your reticle because there is a lag between where your reticle is on the screen and where your gun actually fires. Correct me if I am wrong.

We should be able to test this by firing at moving targets at range while having a still reticle and a moving one. It is pretty obvious from the OPs video that this is the case but it could only be when you are moving the reticle super fast like in the video. 

It seems clear after Hardy's posts that shot-leading was incorporated at the design level. However, starting with Halo PC, the shot-leading increases due to the way the netcode handles latency. On the original Xbox release of Halo, the netcode handled things differently - latency was not "offloaded" to shot-leading, but rather to button presses. This is because the game wasn't designed to handle the amounts of latency (delay) introduced by long-distance communication between hosts (machines), but rather for local LAN play (minimal, nearly unnoticeable delay).

So the real question is: how will latency be handled in MCC? Shot-leading or button-presses? Or maybe they'll optimize the netcode so there won't be a significant impact on either?

I just wanna say my initial point about the 180 glitch is completely incorrect, Hardy lebel confirmed that the aim shift that occurs based on direction of movement was completely intentional. The 180 glitch started occuring when they implemented death cams. i didnt edit that part out because im not afraid to be wrong about something.

I just wanna say my initial point about the 180 glitch is completely incorrect, Hardy lebel confirmed that the aim shift that occurs based on direction of movement was completely intentional. The 180 glitch started occuring when they implemented death cams. i didnt edit that part out because im not afraid to be wrong about something.

Can you elaborate on this. So when you are moving your shots move with you? Like if were strafing in the same direction as your opponent while perpendicular with him. You would have to lead less?

Can you elaborate on this. So when you are moving your shots move with you? Like if were strafing in the same direction as your opponent while perpendicular with him. You would have to lead less?

Exactly this is a pretty good explanation of it. Thats why say for example in the first halo 1 mcc footage video on blood gulch with the snipe he doesnt have to lead at all. A) the snipe doesnt have to be led as much as the pistol and B) he was moving in the same direction. if you move in the opposite direction the lead increases by alot and if you stand still its pretty even. 

Exactly this is a pretty good explanation of it. Thats why say for example in the first halo 1 mcc footage video on blood gulch with the snipe he doesnt have to lead at all. A) the snipe doesnt have to be led as much as the pistol and B) he was moving in the same direction. if you move in the opposite direction the lead increases by alot and if you stand still its pretty even. 

Worth noting that this is only true on the Xbox version. On the PC version (on unmodded "lead 1" servers), you need to lead by the same amount regardless of your own movement direction, and on modded no-lead PC servers you only need to lead as much as you would while hosting.

That snipe you're referring to would have looked the same on both the original Xbox version (strafing same direction as enemy) and a modded "no lead" PC server (no lead required). From the MCC footage they've shown so far, it's still unclear if player movement affects lead distance or if they've implemented a latency-correcting netcode like Halo PC's no-lead mod.

Worth noting that this is only true on the Xbox version. On the PC version (on unmodded "lead 1" servers), you need to lead by the same amount regardless of your own movement direction, and on modded no-lead PC servers you only need to lead as much as you would while hosting.

That snipe you're referring to would have looked the same on both the original Xbox version (strafing same direction as enemy) and a modded "no lead" PC server (no lead required). From the MCC footage they've shown so far, it's still unclear if player movement affects lead distance or if they've implemented a latency-correcting netcode like Halo PC's no-lead mod.

You sure? I played halo pc with a controller for a few days recently and i still felt their was that aim shift, albeit it was probably inconclusive due to using normal servers. Btw your avatar is awesome are you intending to make that some kind of navigatable 3d model so players can learn randoms and spawns easier?

I for the life of me cannot understand why you would ever connect 180 model glitch to shot lead, it's ridiculous, quit telling people this nonsense.

Because player movement affecting your lead distance isn't logical. Someone had to either intentionally put that in there (which thankfully turned out to be the case) or it has to be the result of some other factor. I feel that my OP explained why i felt that is the case pretty well, i would prefer you quote specific parts of it you have problems with rather than me having to retype and rephrase it.

It's sorta logical. I look at it as an exaggerated effect of inertia, like throwing a ball off of a moving train. Your own speed and direction is being added to the bullet.

I mean clearly the physics engine isn't that complex, but that's always what it seemed like to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's sorta logical. I look at it as an exaggerated effect of inertia, like throwing a ball off of a moving train. Your own speed and direction is being added to the bullet.

I mean clearly the physics engine isn't that complex, but that's always what it seemed like to me.

LOSER

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You sure? I played halo pc with a controller for a few days recently and i still felt their was that aim shift, albeit it was probably inconclusive due to using normal servers.

I'm positive. On default PC, you can aim directly at stationary enemies on any ping no matter how fast you're moving/falling, while on Xbox you need to lead stationary enemies if you're moving.

Here are some examples of that from a 100ms unmodded PC server I joined:

And here's a video @@chumpp posted in another thread showing that you need to lead based on your opponent's movement, even when matching their movement:

Now that the some people have copies of the game do we have confirmation from a reliable source that halo 1 is using pc timing?

Now that the some people have copies of the game do we have confirmation from a reliable source that halo 1 is using pc timing?

Yep. Split screen FOV is also terrible.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yep. Split screen FOV is also terrible.

Wait, so it is confirmed that the timing is super jacked on certain maps?  Any confirmation on the way aiming and bullet trajectory mechanics are working?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wait, so it is confirmed that the timing is super jacked on certain maps?  Any confirmation on the way aiming and bullet trajectory mechanics are working?

Someone with the game leaked a picture of CE splitscreen and also said it was using PC weapon/powerup timings. No word on anything else which is probably a good thing. Hoping that after the patch they will let us know if they fixed FOV and timings.