Sign in to follow this  
Animosity

We need to WELCOME the "CoD Kids"

They're bad and lazy fps players but I do welcome them with open arms. If I got to know a COD player in a lobby I'd be nice and explain the game to him!

• Downvote (-1) 1

Halo players seriously need to get off their high horse if they're on one. There are bad apples in every community, though, and it's unfair to solely call out someone whether they play Halo or CoD. To hate on someone (or sterotype an entire group of people) based upon what video game they play? Silly. Ridiculous. Unnecessary.

Treat others as you want to be treated, and that's obvious.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They're bad and lazy fps players but I do welcome them with open arms. If I got to know a COD player in a lobby I'd be nice and explain the game to him!

seriously dude that shit is just obnoxious, its like if you were to go meet some girl and you were to say something like "your ugly, disgusting, and a slut but can we have dinner sometime?"

first impressions are important people, don't just hate on someone the moment you see them then expect them to take you seriously, lay stuff down on them gently with sugar and a cherry on top.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo players seriously need to get off their high horse if they're on one. There are bad apples in every community, though, and it's unfair to solely call out someone whether they play Halo or CoD. To hate on someone (or sterotype an entire group of people) based upon what video game they play? Silly. Ridiculous. Unnecessary.

I agree like I usually play cod now learning halo but it doesn't give the rights to bash on people who played cod cause I'm sure their is halo pros that actually made it to professional Cod I respect that

Ok where the Call of Duty kids at? We feel you guys!

dr-evil-crying1.gif

I've wondered myself if their are people that stick to only one section but never go into other ones and that perhaps their are a few CoD/Destiny fans in :beyond: but we never really get to seem or something like that, I myself don't really know much or really care about either of those games so I don't ever really bother hopping from one section to the other but I guess its fine either way.

In 2005 when Halo 2 was just getting started I was playing on a gamertag with chaosTheory in it and it was right around the time that Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory was popular. Once I started winning more and more rumble games, people in the lobbies started telling me "go back to Splinter Cell you combo/sword/rocket/whatever ***!" This happened around once a day (sometimes more) for months.

Some things never change.

That's unfortunate, but that's the issue of gamers just not being nice in general, especially to those who beat them. What I mean is that it's not like there's this problem where Halo fans are nice to everyone except CoD fans. Halo fans, and gamers in general, are just not nice to anyone. In my opinion, it's not a case of "we need to be more welcoming to CoD converts", it's a case of "we need to be nicer in general".

If lots of CoD players start jumping over to Halo, then Halo players not only need to be nice to those people, they just need to be nice in general. That means not arguing with and insulting each other at the start and end of games.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's unfortunate, but that's the issue of gamers just not being nice in general, especially to those who beat them. What I mean is that it's not like there's this problem where Halo fans are nice to everyone except CoD fans. Halo fans, and gamers in general, are just not nice to anyone. In my opinion, it's not a case of "we need to be more welcoming to CoD converts", it's a case of "we need to be nicer in general".

If lots of CoD players start jumping over to Halo, then Halo players not only need to be nice to those people, they just need to be nice in general. That means not arguing with and insulting each other at the start and end of games.

I think generally everyone online act like fools, I think its mainly because of the anonymity and how it allows people to hide behind a computer and just do whatever they want, now most of my problems online are explosive and more involuntary than anything but I can say without a doubt that if everyone knew who I really was online I would do a better job of controlling myself, that's just how it is really.

343i are teasers, hinting at it and confirming it are two completely different things.

but yeah I recall doju (I miss him :() saying something along the lines of if its just your typical type of spectator mode then it'll just be failure because of how great FPS's have been lately at handling it (particularly COD) so its not like them just putting any ole spectator mode into the game will do, they'll have to have something impressive to say the least if they want a serious competitive advantage.

Can't say I miss Doju, dude was the epitome of the kind of people we're talking about, but I agree with regards to spectator mode. I don't like the way Ghosts has it, where you can see through walls and stuff. I get it, but at the same time I don't like it. I find myself critiquing the pros, and I've never even played that game before... 

Is it just me or are cod players generally younger than halo players?

Most cod players I've encountered have been 15-18 years old

Yeah I think that's generally how it goes. I was the only kid in my area who was interested in Halo (I'm 19, so now far off), everyone else played Call of Duty.  Pros might be a little older.

Preach, Southern Me. Preach. 

I think generally everyone online act like fools, I think its mainly because of the anonymity and how it allows people to hide behind a computer and just do whatever they want, now most of my problems online are explosive and more involuntary than anything but I can say without a doubt that if everyone knew who I really was online I would do a better job of controlling myself, that's just how it is really.

Yeah definitely. I think it's a combination of the anonymity and the fact that it's a competitive environment, which can fuel anger. I always think it's weird though when a lobby of players has just been found, and then someone randomly says "hey Jazzi (or whoever it may be) you're fucking ***...", completely unprovoked lol. Gotta love those kinds of people.

I've never been negative on TB, and no disrespect to the creator of this topic, because you're coming from a good place- but I'm shocked that this is even a topic. If it matters to you what video game a person was playing before they join the Halo community, what is the matter with you?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've never been negative on TB, and no disrespect to the creator of this topic, because you're coming from a good place- but I'm shocked that this is even a topic. If it matters to you what video game a person was playing before they join the Halo community, what is the matter with you?

That's the point I was making when I made the topic, It does not matter what game was played before, we should not have a "cod" and "halo" community.. it should just be an "esports" community. 

The one thing Destiny has going for it, at least in my experience, is that meeting people on there and coordinating with them / helping each other out is great. I have not had a single sour encounter with anyone when setting my Fireteam to "open" or whatever.

A problem plaguing Halo, one that long predates AA's or loadouts, is the general attitude of its community members. Either they're arrogant, rude, elitest, or just downright douches. I realize a great deal of this is likely because younger gamers in general are growing up more and more like this (whether because of the higher availability of internet access and games that make use of it, or just society in general), but that doesn't mean the Halo community should just shrug its shoulders and not even try.

I'm still going to talk shit just cause i can. Kids don't want to be called out then get better at the game. I say getting shit on will want you to get better at the game but then again it's my opinion and what drove me to start fragging like a pro. :saucey:  

Ill be honest, I dont respect modern CoD as a serious competitive title and what forcing MW 1.5 down our throat ever year has done to the AAA shooter industry. I dont really respect Halo anymore either anymore but I am kind of stuck here for now and MCC has pretty much brought me back. However, I can respect the CoD community "accepting" Halo pros/players into their scene and not being assholes about it. I find much of the older CoD community comes from Halo or has played Halo and respects it, the 12-15 year old range however is generally the kids that piss me off because they show just blatant ignorance of comp gaming sometimes it drives me mad. I dont think many "CoD kids" will switch to Halo even if it gets rolling again, its a different sub-genre of video-games even though its on the same platform. But I have no problem with CoD players playing Halo or trying to switch over if they wish too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The young kids just don't know any better.  Call of Duty is all they've been exposed to, because we've been irrelevant for 4 years.  You can't really hold that against them, any more than your parents could get frustrated with you for not being familiar with Journey or Foreigner.  

All we've gotta do is make enough noise to draw their attention, and they'll find their way to Halo eventually.  And then once they're here, they'll know what they've been missing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't wait to see the population jump up and have all games and Playlists have a huge number of Halo players old and new.

Do you think CoD people will pick H4 or H2A maybe go for the classics

I don't know how many of them will come, but I think it's safe to say that they will go for whatever is most popular. That's where it comes down to the veterans. If CoD players hear that H2A is not actually the game to be playing, but in fact H2C because it's flat out better, they'll play that. That's what they've done their entire gaming careers. And when they do people need to just be welcoming and encouraging. There's no point in being elitists given the state of Halo right now. And even if MCC is a big hit, it won't put us at a level where being elitist is acceptable. 

seriously dude that shit is just obnoxious, its like if you were to go meet some girl and you were to say something like "your ugly, disgusting, and a slut but can we have dinner sometime?"

first impressions are important people, don't just hate on someone the moment you see them then expect them to take you seriously, lay stuff down on them gently with sugar and a cherry on top.

Fair point.

Sort of on topic: someone actually said this to me via YouTube. I'm not surprised, but it's sad that this isn't a minority opinion/mindset (the last line is especially derpy):

ByyvHcWCMAANBzS.png

My response was along the lines of describing how entertaining it is to see/rewarding it is to do when someone gets a shot or two on someone else, and that other person not only out-strafes or out-plays that person, but also lands a perfect 4-shot and wins the engagement. And that CoD pretty much eliminates that potential completely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A lot of CoD Kids Are Teens now and maybe want to branch out We should give them a chance as long as there mature I dont see a problem with expanding the Halo Community.