Zejik

Forge Maps Remaster DLC Idea For Halo 5.

Hey everyone. I kinda have an idea I think is pretty good. Maybe not, but hear me out. What if we took the best forge maps made by the community. Let's just use Simplex , and Nexus as examples. 343i holds a poll for the community to vote for there favorite forge maps from past Halo's. They choose Simplex, and Nexus. They then take these maps, and completely remaster them into true Multiplayer maps. So Simplex is now a Covenant theme map. While Nexus is now a UNSC themed map. Then they just throw in Sandbox as an old school forge map, and release them all in a Forge Dlc special. Preferably I think this type of pack should be free. But would you be willing to pay for something like this? Please let me know what you all think. Also I will have the video of me talking about it below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeSt7t4Zcno&list=PLOEtzuN_l54T_t2RgfS2WhTgVvsLpvHZn

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 2

would rather they not bother, the developers would probably end up ruining them or something.

Either ruin them or pick maps that already suck.

The forge map Enclosed (somewhere in Halo Reach matchmaking, don't remember anymore) won that forger an xbox 360 from Bungie. It was a horrible, horrible map.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Either ruin them or pick maps that already suck.

The forge map Enclosed (somewhere in Halo Reach matchmaking, don't remember anymore) won that forger an xbox 360 from Bungie. It was a horrible, horrible map.

Enclosed was amazing map for doubles... maybe not the best but definitely above average. 

This idea I first heard of from an old Gandhi's thoughts(he probably got from someone else) is amazing the developers save time and money compared to designing new maps. Plus is increases the map pool for competitive maps. 

If they were going to remake maps from past halos, i would rather them remake on disk maps. 

well think about that for a second. Would you rather have simplex or {fill in the name of your least favorite disc map here}?

My only issue is the concept of remaking a map period. I want fresh ideas, ideas that play really well, and it would be preferred that they both exist in the same map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holding a poll for best map at Waypoint? That is a good way to NOT find out what the best map is. As cool as it would be for forgers to get that kind of attention and have their maps remade into the game... I doubt it'll happen. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

OMG NO PLEASE NO Symplex a disc map?

Forge maps need to stay forge maps and that because forge always limits forgers.

With a real map editor we would create more complex maps than...symplex.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I can't even think of any Forge maps I particularly like. I guess it's because Forge hasn't been in a good Halo game yet.

OMG NO PLEASE NO Symplex a disc map?

Forge maps need to stay forge maps and that because forge always limits forgers.

With a real map editor we would create more complex maps than...symplex.

:lol:

yeah I also can't wait for them to remake donut, I bet it'll take about as much effort to remake as it did in the first place.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holding a poll for best map at Waypoint? That is a good way to NOT find out what the best map is. As cool as it would be for forgers to get that kind of attention and have their maps remade into the game... I doubt it'll happen. 

"The only good map in Halo Reach is The Cage." - a real Waypoint user

"The only good map in Halo Reach is The Cage." - a real Waypoint user

I don't exactly condone bashing against waypoint,  waypoint is where I (and I assume many) other community members started out, then after some thought and courage I decided that THC (then :beyond:) was a better fit for me, to me waypoint is like a kiddie pool and beyond is like the deep end.

Certain community members are awful though, I see nothing wrong with pointing out stupid post or questionable community members, however don't bash Waypoint as a whole because its a part of halo just as much as anything else.

wasn't really referring to your post too much but I just thought I would give my take on it I guess :mellow:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't exactly condone bashing against waypoint,  waypoint is where I (and I assume many) other community members started out, then after some thought and courage I decided that THC (then :beyond:) was a better fit for me, to me waypoint is like a kiddie pool and beyond is like the deep end.

Certain community members are awful though, I see nothing wrong with pointing out stupid post or questionable community members, however don't bash Waypoint as a whole because its a part of halo just as much as anything else.

wasn't really referring to your post too much but I just thought I would give my take on it I guess :mellow:

Fair. I'm not trying to bash all of waypoint (there are definitely knowledgeable active users there), just trying to say that there are some users there with... weird opinions is the word i think. Not sure how to describe it. Stuff like "adding ZB to the DMR made Reach too much like CoD, the killtimes are too fast now," or a few people stating their opinions as if they were fact without providing any evidence or really knowing what they are talking about. Like the statement I quoted.

Not sure if I'm explaining myself well at all. lol it's the Internet.. I guess this will have to do. I hope you understand what I mean.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fair. I'm not trying to bash all of waypoint (there are definitely knowledgeable active users there), just trying to say that there are some users there with... weird opinions is the word i think. Not sure how to describe it. Stuff like "adding ZB to the DMR made Reach too much like CoD, the killtimes are too fast now," or a few people stating their opinions as if they were fact without providing any evidence or really knowing what they are talking about. Like the statement I quoted.

Not sure if I'm explaining myself well at all. lol it's the Internet.. I guess this will have to do. I hope you understand what I mean.

nah mayne I wasn't even really talking about you in particular, I just don't like this anti-waypoint vibe that's taken hold, I think both communities have more to gain from interacting with one another than they do with secluding/bashing, I guess I myself have done a poor job seeing as how I haven't visited waypoint in months but oh well I guess I'll just have to do better from now on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Funny, there's kids here that post the same silly nonsense. :P

Enclosed was amazing map for doubles... maybe not the best but definitely above average.

I'm not here to criticize, but I am more than sure you haven't played your share of custom double's maps (as in, NOT in matchmaking). You don't know what you've missed over the years.

This map beats Treasury though.

Really? The map had the worst spawns ever and the gravlifts were all useless as f*ck. I think Enclosed is defenitly a bad 2v2 map.

I'm not here to criticize, but I am more than sure you haven't played your share of custom double's maps (as in, NOT in matchmaking). You don't know what you've missed over the years.

This map beats Treasury though.

Agreed. I played lots of custom map, I'm the guy in the lobby always wanting to try something new. But the ones in matchmaking, Enclosed was fun to me. 

Better idea:

Hold a Forge Contest and have the winner/s get their map turned into a Dev map and released as free DLC.

Something like that would be great. This is the constructive ideas I like to see as responses. It would be awesome to bring in the map winner to 343i to explain why he chose to make the map the way he did, and perhaps help with the development process of making it. Or maybe at least play some part in the theme of it. Also I figured this post would get a lot of hate. Just nice to see someone make a decent response.