Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Discussion

Open beta started yesterday/today. It seems the same connection issues are still present from the closed beta. The game is a lot of fun, when I can join a match. I'm probably going to wait until (if ever) these issues are fixed before I buy the game. It's a shame the developers still can't get it together because this was a day one purchase for me.

I'm liking this, but the 30fps in TH is annoying, is the full game gonna be the same?

I'm liking this, but the 30fps in TH is annoying, is the full game gonna be the same?

Yes the console version is 30 fps in TH due to all the enemies, rest of the game is 60fps.

Just got the console version of Rainbow Six Siege and holy fudge there's a matchmaking preference for maps you want to prioritize and game mode preference's which works 100% on the game modes, so if Hostage mode is off then it wont show up.

Played the Open Beta and enjoyed the hell out of it.

Bought the game when it was 50% off, going to grind this weekend.

anyone still playing this? I'm rank 34 and I'm enjoying this so much more now that I know all the maps and classes. this game has a lot of issues but I think at its core it's a brilliant new take on first person shooters. the only major issues I have with it now are the UI and the shot registration

anyone still playing this? I'm rank 34 and I'm enjoying this so much more now that I know all the maps and classes. this game has a lot of issues but I think at its core it's a brilliant new take on first person shooters. the only major issues I have with it now are the UI and the shot registration

I would get it but I don't even have time to play the games I've bought recently. Too many good games came out this year. Fallout 4, Just Cause 3, and The Witcher 3 are all still taking my time. On top of all that, I wish I had more time to play GoW: UE. Siege does sound like a blast though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm having a ton of fun with just solo matchmaking. Most of the games everyone has a mic which is awesome. I rock Fuze/Kapkan all day long. If you want to team up my GT is Rawkher. I have a general sense of the maps finally but I'm still trying to learn all of the callouts and little details so I'm not much help other than hey there is a guy somewhere :) That clip was legit, I'd be rather upset if I was the other team. Here are my two clip contributions:

I didn't realize how clutch this was until I just watched it again - 2% health, happy trigger finger and no reload. I get a little caught up in the moment haha.

xboxdvr.com/Rawkher/95bee9cb-c842-458c-ac8d-75a765a64c06

This one was worth the risk. First and last time ever doing it.

xboxdvr.com/Rawkher/24938b9c-20fa-4056-bf59-0883369f18ff

• Upvote (+1) 2

So is this game good? I've heard nothing great about it. Looks like the skill gap is gone and it's a tactical CoD?

So is this game good? I've heard nothing great about it. Looks like the skill gap is gone and it's a tactical CoD?

The skill in this game isn't like other shooters.  The shooting is pretty easy for the most part.  The skill in this game comes from your tactics, and your coordination with your team.  If you're trying to outshoot your opponent, you're leaving a lot up to chance in most situations.

There's not a lot of content, so $60 is kind of a lot to ask, but, if you value a deep multiplayer that you can take a lot of satisfaction in mastering, then it makes up for it.  The maps a pretty complex in all the different ways you can navigate them (which walls/floors are breachable, etc), so the learning process will be longer than other shooters.  And then once you have a handle on all the maps, you can jump into ranked games and try to outsmart the other team.  This will be a game where the meta is going to drastically evolve pretty quickly, and it's going to be a fun ride.

• Upvote (+1) 3

hell yeah! i'm seriously addicted to this game. haven't had this much fun w/ an fps since COD 4

Are we friends?  We should be friends.

Gotta say, from watching this game quite a bit on Twitch, it looks very impressive. It looks like the sleeper hit of 2015. It seems to have brought innovation to fps with the destructible environments and different tactics to use.

It reminds me of a cross between splinter cell (with all of the cool, sneaky tactics) and original rainbow 6 (shooting elements). I mainly watch games rather than play them nowadays, but I'm seriously tempted to cop this.

Does anyone know what pop is like on pc and how the matchmaking is? Also, anyone know of any good players that stream on twitch? I'd like to see some high level gameplay.

servers are still kinda shitty but compared to MCC, they're nearly perfect. 

i'm not sure who the best streamers are in terms of in-game skill but most of the popular siege streamers are pretty good so i just watch them. shorty guy and fairlight are the ones i watch the most bc they actually know how to be a streamer and they don't suck at the game.  you could also start watching yours truly in about 2 weeks once my new PC comes in and i start streaming

this clip is one of my favorite kills so far. It's not incredibly impressive but it shows how fun this game can be. i just love how you can aim, shoot and swing in at the same time. 

xboxdvr.com/GirlfriendHaver/8354e3ec-22c3-41ba-b3bd-f5bc2c018141

• Upvote (+1) 2