Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Discussion

Played this a bit yesterday against easy AI opponents, and I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. I'm excited to try it against real players.

I have a few beta codes too, if anybody wants one.

Ill take a code too please if you have an extra.

Got a code :D

Going to be playing on PS4, i can skype too, if anyone ends up playing with me. Wont be today though. I'll post back/

So what do you all think about this game?  I'm considering pre ordering it and getting the beta key buy it doesn't look that great from the video i've seen.

it's a lot of fun once you figure out the maps and learn all the classes. i like it because some elements feel like the old rainbow six games but it's still an entirely new experience 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I lost hype when I watched a guy crouching behind a car who shot a guy in he ankles to get a kill. Kill times shouldn't be hit fast if you're shooting at someone's feet.

This game is so mediocre it hurts. Beyond the fact that calling this Call of Duty/Battlefield Hardline wannabe a Rainbow Six game should be illegal, it's just not a very good game.

The gunplay is abysmal. I feel like this game has some of the most inconsistent firearms I've ever seen and the aiming system is just off. It reminds me of the Bioshock series in that something is just wrong. Maybe there's some fucked up aim acceleration under the hood, but I do not feel confident in my shot in this game.

Suicide bombers in T-Hunt are fucking stupid. I'd be somewhat okay with them if they were severely limited in number (like two total) or died like real people should but as it stands they're just a nuisance.

The ability of the AI to go outside the map in T-Hunt is just mindbogglingly dumb. There's a perimeter of police cars around all three maps and yet terrorists can just wander around outside? How is that realistic or tactical in any way shape or form?

The class system is fucking stupid. Players should be able to use whatever combination of guns and gear they want. Some reasonable character customization would be nice.

The fact that T-Hunt is 30 FPS is asinine. BF4 runs at a solid 1080p/60FPS with 64 players no problem, is UBI so incompetent they can't manage to do the same with so much less area to cover?

The AI in this game is some of the worst I've ever seen. I breached a window in the bathroom of the house level, shot two guys, entered the house and found the master bedroom full of three guys just standing in idle poses. They don't react intelligently to anything and are really just varying levels of aimbots.

As a shooter, I give this game 5/10.

As a Rainbow Six game, it gets a 2.

I was playing terrorist hunt and do smokes do absolutely nothing? The game is mediocre as hell but when a terrorist straight lights me up through a fully active smoke I have to wonder lol. In the replay you see the smoke deploy then it just sits there for a second as I consider what I'm going to do then as I start to cross in front of the doorway I smoked it just does a 70 degree turn and unloads straight into me, even though the AI is 100% blind, as I pass the doorway. Lol.

Aside from that though, really, the gunplay is abysmal. The gameplay is so bad that it is stunning that its a Rainbow Six game. I really had no expectations in particular other than the fact that it would be able to somewhat live up to its name but the game just feels like a low tier shooter from some unknown studio.

The class system is fucking stupid. Players should be able to use whatever combination of guns and gear they want. Some reasonable character customization would be nice.

I believe classes are this way for balance purposes, plus they help focus the game on teamwork.

I was so hype for this game before I played it. I come from a call of duty search and destroy backround. Round based games are my thing.

Ive been playing the beta for the past few nights. There is so many things wrong with the game, Some easily fixed and some game breaking.

First of all I have to address the shield issue. WTF is going on there? It is probably the most OP thing in any shooter ive seen. You legit can not kill a shield guy. They eat all the bullets while being able to hip fire back at you. They either have to change how it takes damage or what they should do imo is just take the hipfire mechanic out and make it so you have to lower your shield and aim (which is in the game) . I know in cod you just cant shoot with a shield you have to put it on your back and whip out your side arm. Which is another option.

The actually firing mechanics are so bad to. The bullet reg seems to be so inconsistent. It kind of feels like the battlefield but even worse. I always felt COD have perfected gun mechanics. The gun spread and recoil feels right. Some may say its easier but I dont feel in control of my gun in battlefield or now RB6S, in COD games I feel in control. 

Not being able to jump is weird to. I know you can vault and stuff. But why not give us a jump mechanic? A shooter with out being able to jump just feels weird.

You get 30 seconds to pick your character, 30 seconds to scan for bombs and then 4 minutes gameplay. So each round is basically 5 minutes if it goes to the full time. So a match can be between 15-25 minutes. Which sounds all right but it feels way to short in game. Maybe its because the engine is so slow and finding games takes years so when you finally get one you want to stay in, I dunno.

I feel the operators are to cheap aswel. Ive played for a few hours and have them all nearly unlocked. Unless they have loads more in the full game or unless you lose them a prestige or some kind of ranking system I dont know.

Im not mad about the whole being able to pick whatever gun you want, im fine with attackers having certain weapons and defenders having certain weapons. Its fair until the point of when its 2-2 then people are going to want a certain weapon. Im not sure how it decides whos attacking and whos defending when its 2-2. Kills? So maybe in round 5 you get whatever class you want. 

I was playing solo and my team didnt have much team work, but when I did play with 4 guys I knew and we did talk and work as a team it was kinda fun. Picking our routes, blasting walls. Setting up our team so we have a shield guy, a wall blaster, a technology disabler guy. 

When I played solo I came across some kid who was just betraying his team mates (me inc) and then we had to sit around for 5mins till the next round or quit the game. This raises the question of should you be able to betray your team mates? Friendly fire should probably be off. Yea betraying is realistic but this is the internet and people are dicks.

Its only a beta but the core game mechaincs are just wrong and there is no way Id spend 70 euro on it, unless when the full game releases it gets favourable reviews. . Disappointing because I was looking forward to a decent realistic FPS. Cod, star wars, destiny, Halo. They are all jetpacking futuristic games. I just want a game like Cod4 to come out. Damn even a World war game like COD: World at war.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

a cool strat i came up with: when you're an attacker just keep driving your drone into the feet of a defender so his team mate accidentally shoots him trying to kill your drone

• Upvote (+1) 3

a cool strat i came up with: when you're an attacker just keep driving your drone into the feet of a defender so his team mate accidentally shoots him trying to kill your drone

I'm kind of itching to try this now before the beta's over.

Looking for a few people to play with on Xbox 1 through the weekend - I have no idea what I am doing :)

Not sure what to think about this really. I do like it, but the controls feel so bad, I also cant deal with the frame rate and I miss the covering system from the Vegas games.

Cant believe theyre leaving out campaign too...it feels like this game is just being rushed.

I prefer leaning over the cover system in vegas but I am an old school rainbow six fan. I didn't like how you could peak around corners with 3rd person, kinda ruined the experience for me. This game is really fresh and fun but it does need a lot of work to pass as a complete and balanced experience. I hope they can fix it by launch bc this game will be dope once they get it right. 

Just got invited to participate in a technical test Nov 6th-7th. Check your emails.

Looks like top 50k most active players were invited to participate. Given the fact that I only had a chance to play a couple hours in the last weekend the beta was live that is a bit concerning.