Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege Discussion

I'm so hyped for Rainbow Six, I can't wait! I played way too much Splinter Cell and need my fix. I'm hoping it turns out to be as fun as it looks. I know it's supposed to be 5v5 but it would be nice if a 2v2 variant is eventually included.

Am I the only one who thinks this game is going to end up being just as bad of a R6 game as Vegas 1 and 2?

Seriously, it looks like the developers took parts of CS:GO and parts of Call of Duty (with a small side of Battlefield), mashed them together, threw the Tom Clancy name on the box and called it a day. I mean, come on, hitmarkers? Seeing teammates through walls? Full-auto with negligible penalty and way too much ammo? Classes?

Am I the only one who thinks this game is going to end up being just as bad of a R6 game as Vegas 1 and 2?

Seriously, it looks like the developers took parts of CS:GO and parts of Call of Duty (with a small side of Battlefield), mashed them together, threw the Tom Clancy name on the box and called it a day. I mean, come on, hitmarkers? Seeing teammates through walls? Full-auto with negligible penalty and way too much ammo? Classes?

watch jackfrags vid on siege.

im with ya, but i think classes are great. the other things do need work.

potential.

watch jackfrags vid on siege.

im with ya, but i think classes are great. the other things do need work.

potential.

I've already seen Jackfrags video. I watched the entire livestream today and every piece of alpha footage I could get my hands on.

I think classes are a terrible idea, removes tactical flexibility on the part of players by forcing them to only be able to use a certain set of weapons/equipment.

It has potential in the same way Halo 5 does, which is that most of the core game needs to be scrapped.

R6V 1 & 2 were not bad games

• Upvote (+1) 1

Would like to see it go hyper minimalist and realistic even if it's just for a 'hardcore mode'. Also they need a very clear risk / reward for all the bullshit intel cams they've got going on i.e. being able to shoot them out / economy e.t.c.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd love to see Siege resemble Insurgency in terms of gunplay, because Insurgency has some of the best gunfights ever, but judging by the Alpha, that's never going to happen.

I'm going to be a little sad if they don't include character customization from Vegas.. Already a little disappointed there is no third person cover. I haven't played the beta yet but I hope there is some sort of cover system like, Arma 3, Insurgency or BF4.

People like this need to die in a fire. If Rainbow Six is to return to tactical FPS greatness, they need to get away from the third-person cover system and CoD perks of the Vegas series and return to the Hardcore tactical shooter roots of Rainbow Six 3. Not a good sign the guy is playing on a controller in the video though.

I just want the Chaos Theory Collection haha.

Did anyone else receive access to the alpha? I just got my code and am looking for a few other people to play. It seems the alpha is getting a ton of hate which saddens me, I feel like I still have my fan boy glasses on because I'm still incredibly excited. I haven't really had a chance to dive into it but I'm afraid that I will eventually have to take them off and face reality.

I just want the Chaos Theory Collection haha.

Did anyone else receive access to the alpha? I just got my code and am looking for a few other people to play. It seems the alpha is getting a ton of hate which saddens me, I feel like I still have my fan boy glasses on because I'm still incredibly excited. I haven't really had a chance to dive into it but I'm afraid that I will eventually have to take them off and face reality.

Really? I have heard lots of streamers and such rave about the game. They say the game is quite good for only being in the alpha stages. Has lots of potential. I signed up for closed beta hopefully I get in. It looks quite good, just have to see how Ubisoft fleshes it out.

I just want Rainbow Six 3 back. I had as much fun playing that as Halo 2 back in the day.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This was my most anticipated game this year but after watching the alpha gameplay, I'm not too sure now. There are many handicapped mechanics, enough to where you only have to look at your HUD to get kills. Though this was going to be more barebones...

Played this a bit yesterday against easy AI opponents, and I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. I'm excited to try it against real players.

I have a few beta codes too, if anybody wants one.

I'll take one if the code is for xbox one :)

Yea, you get to choose whatever platform you want. I'll send it later tonight.

Played this a bit yesterday against easy AI opponents, and I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I expected. I'm excited to try it against real players.

I have a few beta codes too, if anybody wants one.

Wait, is the beta live?

Edit: Nvm, Sept 24th.

How are you playing it now?