Sign in to follow this  
Hitman

Hitler reacts to "Legendary" Engrams in Destiny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1awVTEE5SNM#t=130

This is great, exposes alot of issues I have with Destiny. "I have more Spirit Bloom than I know what do with, but I'd stab my mother for an ascendant shard!"

"The robot gives me a bounty for Salvage and it isn't even playable"

"The FWC faction gear requires materials for upgrades that aren't even in the game yet!" LOL so true.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The fact that shooting a fkn cave for 2 hours is the most efficient way to earn legendaries/ascendant materials as of right now, and has netted me better gear in a couple hours, than completing the Vault of Glass the hardest event in the game currently, really exposes how broken the loot system is in this game.

Every time I go by the cave sure enough there is a group of people just shooting the same shit over and over again, I kind of wish they would fix it TBH.

Do it like WoW, every time you beat a boss in a raid you get special raid currency, that can be used to by raid gear from the raid vendor. If you complete the raid you get bonus raid currency and guaranteed ascendant materials. That way doing the raids is worth it for everyone, even if you are not particularly lucky that day and don't get the drops you want you still get raid currency for completing it and dont feel like you just wasted 14 hours of your weekend on a raid and came away with basically nothing.

Explains pretty perfectly how I feel, got 5 legendary engrams to drop yesterday and 4 of them turned into Titan class gear and I am a Hunter so what the hell. The fact that this game has so many issues and bugs that should of been fixed a year ago in development is alarming, I have no clue what Bungie was doing with all that development time honestly.

Explains pretty perfectly how I feel, got 5 legendary engrams to drop yesterday and 4 of them turned into Titan class gear and I am a Hunter so what the hell. The fact that this game has so many issues and bugs that should of been fixed a year ago in development is alarming, I have no clue what Bungie was doing with all that development time honestly.

This is actually exactly what I'm thinking all the time. I get it the level design guys did good work there is a pretty large game world. The sound guys did a great job have you listened to some of the reload sounds etc? The mechanical guys working on how the guns feel and guardian's move did a solid job too, definitely AAA quality. But my god the story guys and whoever decided that the only mechanic for the missions is to defend ghost from waves of adds what happened? Who designed the loot? Did they hire Jay Wilson lmfao? Most of their mistakes were made in Diablo 3 and have since been corrected. I don't know how some of these issues got released to the public with the internet ablaze in hate for D3 during the development of Destiny. Surely someone at bungie had to have realized that they were kind of fucking up the loot and that the story was MIA?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This is actually exactly what I'm thinking all the time. I get it the level design guys did good work there is a pretty large game world. The sound guys did a great job have you listened to some of the reload sounds etc? The mechanical guys working on how the guns feel and guardian's move did a solid job too, definitely AAA quality. But my god the story guys and whoever decided that the only mechanic for the missions is to defend ghost from waves of adds what happened? Who designed the loot? Did they hire Jay Wilson lmfao? Most of their mistakes were made in Diablo 3 and have since been corrected. I don't know how some of these issues got released to the public with the internet ablaze in hate for D3 during the development of Destiny. Surely someone at bungie had to have realized that they were kind of fucking up the loot and that the story was MIA?

I am sure there were many devs who wrote Destiny's story, but I have to say I expected more from Staten if he did the majority of the writing for the story like he did with Halo. Then again he did leave in the middle of the production of Destiny, but it was my understanding that he was still responsible for writing most of the story.

This post is more OT and more important:

I always look behind the curtain and see a game creator.

I don't know if this designer, Natasha Tatarchuk, had anything to do with the loot system but she commented on it at 3:58 of this vidoc:

After some research she only seems to be a general graphics rather than gameplay designer though. Anyway, it'd be interesting to know who came up with the loot system.

https://halo.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BrokenIn_Natalya

It's crazy how things were still allright at that point.

I think its because the vagueness in this reveal trailer intrigued people. As it turns out, that exact same vagueness is what we get in the game. No one has a clue what they're talking about, and I honestly don't think they do either. 

That's how bungie markets everything. They're intentionally vague and only mention how awesome it'll be while staying as far away from actually giving real details as they can. It causes people to form their own personal vision of the game that would match the awesomeness that they describe without really describing it. Then people get the game and it will never live up to whatever hype they created for themselves. You find out bungie, as usual, totally failed certain aspects and potentially become upset if you didn't already live through every game release they've had after CE.

The Destiny hype then subsequent crash and burn is bungie 101.