Sign in to follow this  
elitenoob94

Who do you think is the GOAT?

Not saying Ogre 2 is bad so let's get that straight, but I feel like the reason people saying he's the GOAT is the wrong reason, if you go simply by championships I feel that is a bit ignorant. There are a few of NBA who have taken the bench (using 8-12 minutes a game) with more rings than Lebron... Do with that what you want.

Anyway in my opinion I'd say Pistola or T2.... Yeah.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not saying Ogre 2 is bad so let's get that straight, but I feel like the reason people saying he's the GOAT is the wrong reason, if you go simply by championships I feel that is a bit ignorant. There are a few of NBA who have taken the bench (using 8-12 minutes a game) with more rings than Lebron... Do with that what you want.

Anyway in my opinion I'd say Pistola or T2.... Yeah.

How is your NBA comparison even a valid point? Ogre 2 never sat on the bench. He was playing for every minute of every match that his team won.

T2 the GOAT? Seriously? I'm done.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is your NBA comparison even a valid point? Ogre 2 never sat on the bench.

T2 the GOAT? Seriously? I'm done.

He never "sat" on the bench, but he wasn't the only GOOD person on that team. "Bench players" are commonly known as "Role Players" They have a specific thing they do very well and it helps that team. Clearly 80% of this site thinks Ogre 2 is the goat and that is fine, it's a question asking for our opinion.

The reason I say T2 is simply for his will to win, his "drive" and his power weapon raw slaying ability. 

You don't have to agree but it's my opinion.

I said Pistola simply because he is the hardest player to kill ever and his decision making/positioning was the best, ever. At the end of the day I think staying alive is far more important than getting 1 kill, which Pistola really did well, and he had quite a few kills too.

He never "sat" on the bench, but he wasn't the only GOOD person on that team. "Bench players" are commonly known as "Role Players" They have a specific thing they do very well and it helps that team. Clearly 80% of this site thinks Ogre 2 is the goat and that is fine, it's a question asking for our opinion.

The reason I say T2 is simply for his will to win, his "drive" and his power weapon raw slaying ability. 

You don't have to agree but it's my opinion.

I said Pistola simply because he is the hardest player to kill ever and his decision making/positioning was the best, ever. At the end of the day I think staying alive is far more important than getting 1 kill, which Pistola really did well, and he had quite a few kills too.

"He wasn't the only good person on that team"

Thanks for pointing that out captain obvious. You think I don't know that? Did you not read my post on page 2?

Yes, I don't agree with your opinion because it's a stupid one. T2? Really? His "drive" to win? What world do you live in that Ogre 2 never had the drive to win? He didn't just ya know, stick around for 3-4 more years after his brother quit because he wanted to win. He didn't just stick around after a pretty terrible 2009 season. Oh wait, he did. Oh and apparently, Ogre 2 never had raw slaying ability. Question. Do you think before you post or do you just wing it?

Ogre 2 in his prime was something else. The fact that he reinvented himself in the newer games should be commended, not looked down upon just because Pistola is around to dominate.

While the title of the topic STRICTLY asks for "who do you think " aka own personal opinion, I feel these kind of threads shouldn't be, there are many things to be considered (Other than championships) in order to be considered the GOAT, but Tom has pretty much displayed that he is a dominant force in EVERY single Halo game that has touched the circuit. Even these days  STILL he is displaying that by dominating CE Lans which a lot of other Pros dont even try to play.

I've been always a fan of Ogre 1 and Ogre 2  and therefore my statement might be biased but Ogre 2 has displayed over and over that he can be dominant in any team he is in(even when his role goes from main slayer to "support") yet people undermine his knowledge of the entire game just because he isn't as flashy as he used to be. Whenever we see Pros play again(maybe in MCC) we will see but for now(and probably forever), Tom Ryan is the goat.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"He wasn't the only good person on that team"

Thanks for pointing that out captain obvious. You think I don't know that? Did you not read my post on page 2?

Yes, I don't agree with your opinion because it's a stupid one. T2? Really? His "drive" to win? What world do you live in that Ogre 2 never had the drive to win? He didn't just ya know, stick around for 3-4 more years after his brother quit because he wanted to win. He didn't just stick around after a pretty terrible 2009 season. Oh wait, he did. Oh and apparently, Ogre 2 never had raw slaying ability. Question. Do you think before you post or do you just wing it?

Ogre 2 in his prime was something else. The fact that he reinvented himself in the newer games should be commended, not looked down upon just because Pistola is around to dominate.

You have issues. People who say Ogre 2 have a Valid argument, if you read closely I put T2 AFTER Pistola, again still my opinion, did not realize people got upset over who we thought the best halo player ever was. 

You have issues. People who say Ogre 2 have a Valid argument, if you read closely I put T2 AFTER Pistola, again still my opinion, did not realize people got upset over who we thought the best halo player ever was. 

I'm not upset. I'm more flabbergasted. How anyone can think that T2 is more of a GOAT than Ogre 2, is beyond me. Pistola, at the least, is a top 5 player(T2 is not) so maybe I understand a little why some think he's the best ever. But T2? What are you smoking? Stop unnecessarily pointing out that it's your opinion as if I haven't noticed. Just because it's your opinion, that doesn't exempt you from anything. Your opinion is flawed and wrong. So yes, I do have issues with that.

"did not realize people got upset over who we thought the best halo player ever was"

This is what happens when you know you're wrong. You try to deflate the discussion by implying that it's pointless. Stop it. You're not fooling anyone.

I'm not upset. I'm more flabbergasted. How anyone can think that T2 is more of a GOAT than Ogre 2, is beyond me. Pistola, at the least, is a top 5 player(T2 is not) so maybe I understand a little why some think he's the best ever. But T2? What are you smoking? Stop unnecessarily pointing out that it's your opinion as if I haven't noticed. Just because it's your opinion, that doesn't exempt you from anything. Your opinion is flawed and wrong. So yes, I do have issues with that.

"did not realize people got upset over who we thought the best halo player ever was"

This is what happens when you know you're wrong. You try to deflate the discussion by implying that it's pointless. Stop it. You're not fooling anyone.

Not arguing on a forum that is supposed to be saving the community, your immaturity saddens me. 

Not arguing on a forum that is supposed to be saving the community, your immaturity saddens me. 

Too late. You already argued. Anyway, this forum is for discussion. If you can't handle people pointing out how flawed your opinion is, then leave. Saying T2 is more of a GOAT than Ogre 2 is like saying Halo CE takes the least amount of skill out of all the Halo games. Clearly, there's something wrong there.

Immaturity has nothing to do with it. I'm naturally a very assertive person so it sounds like I'm attacking you on a personal level, even though I'm not.

• Upvote (+1) 2

"Tournament wins shouldn't be the only thing we consider." 

Except that it's the only thing we can consider, unless "I totally saw Pistola out-BR two guys this one time, it was so sick" is a valid argument. 

I want someone who loves to dig up stats and evidence and shit like that to take some time and compare 2gre, Pistola, and I guess T2... Like, all time kills/assists/deaths, event wins, years around. Ogre 2 has been around since CE, and has been a dominant force in every game... No one else is still around and did that. He has won the most. Fucking plain and simple, done. He's the best in the world at what it is everyone in this game tries to accomplish. That's it. I don't think there's much room for debate. 

I want someone who loves to dig up stats and evidence and shit like that to take some time and compare 2gre, Pistola, and I guess T2... Like, all time kills/assists/deaths, event wins, years around. Ogre 2 has been around since CE, and has been a dominant force in every game... No one else is still around and did that. He has won the most. Fucking plain and simple, done. He's the best in the world at what it is everyone in this game tries to accomplish. That's it. I don't think there's much room for debate. 

nobody has denied he won the most.

My dude  :gandhi: has a video explaining his top 20 of all time, he has Ogre 2 at #1 as well and it is a great video.

nobody has denied he won the most.

My dude  :gandhi: has a video explaining his top 20 of all time, he has Ogre 2 at #1 as well and it is a great video.

Uhh did you change your opinion on who is GOAT? Because you totally just proved my point. 

Also, that's what this thread is about... 

Uhh did you change your opinion on who is GOAT? Because you totally just proved my point. 

Also, that's what this thread is about... 

I did not prove any point, I said Ogre 2 won the most, I also said in my first post that is not how you should judge the GOAT. I don't see the confusion here.

Based simply on stats and such, there's no question: 2GRE.

But based on current gameplay and skill, it's a bit more complex. I'd have to give StrongSide an edge, simply because he's been consistent over the years and judging by his H2A gameplay, he has not lost his groove.

I did not prove any point, I said Ogre 2 won the most, I also said in my first post that is not how you should judge the GOAT. I don't see the confusion here.

You brought up that a well-liked personality in the community agrees with the opposite view you are arguing. When discussing the Greatest Player of all time, it's kind of hard not to pick a guy who has been there pretty much the whole time, and done well at some point in every chapter of the franchise. 

You brought up that a well-liked personality in the community agrees with the opposite view you are arguing. When discussing the Greatest Player of all time, it's kind of hard not to pick a guy who has been there pretty much the whole time, and done well at some point in every chapter of the franchise. 

There is not right and wrong as I said before. People who say Ogre 2 is the GOAT have a valid argument, he was a beast and def has credentials of a GOAT, my issue is the people who disregard Pistola or even T2. They all brought stuff to the game that really makes them Legends. That's my point. 

There is not right and wrong as I said before. People who say Ogre 2 is the GOAT have a valid argument, he was a beast and def has credentials of a GOAT, my issue is the people who disregard Pistola or even T2. They all brought stuff to the game that really makes them Legends. That's my point. 

Nobody is denying that. But when someone asks who the "greatest of all time" is, the simple fact is 2GRE has not only been around longer than Ola, but has also won/accomplished more in that time than both Ola and T2.

Nobody is discounting the skill and time put into the game that both T2 and Ola have contributed just because they recognize 2GRE's accomplishments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nobody is denying that. But when someone asks who the "greatest of all time" is, the simple fact is 2GRE has not only been around longer than Ola, but has also won/accomplished more in that time than both Ola and T2.

Nobody is discounting the skill and time put into the game that both T2 and Ola have contributed just because they recognize 2GRE's accomplishments.

Being a legend =/= being GOAT, in other words...

See I can respect the way you worded that and have no issue with what you said, but when my opinion is literally called "wrong" I have an issue with that.

an infallible*

I feel like people think he's washed because he didn't perform in CoD that well.

Top 16 in CoD is pretty damn good for playing only for a couple months... Plus if you were to actually watch the VOD of FB vs CoL youd see Ogre 2 preformed the best

Ogre 2, Walshy, and Ogre 1 NEVER PLACED OUT OF TOP 2 since they joined forces in Halo CE until the second event of H3(2004-early 2008), that is dominance that no team in H3 or Reach could ever dream of. He never lost a 2v2 with his brother in tournament play, he has 5 national championships(2 more than anyone else), he was voted MVP of MLG Halo three straight years 05-07, WCG championship, ect that is far more impressive than anything Pistola has done in Halo. Being the GOAT is not an opinion, its a fact. Wayne Gretsky is the GOAT of Hockey, MJ is the GOAT of Basketball, and Ogre 2 is the GOAT of Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2