Sign in to follow this  
elitenoob94

Who do you think is the GOAT?

From OGs to Newbies to the scene, who do you pick as the GOAT? 

Personally I think Pistola deserves the title IMO. Kid has literally mad skill. 

What's yours?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre 2 has 31 event wins. Just let the number 31 really sink into your brain, and you tell me how anyone is considered "goat" over him.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Ogre 2 has 31 event wins. Just let the number 31 really sink into your brain, and you tell me how anyone is considered "goat" over him.

I know how many wins Tom has, but that doesn't change someones opinion on who they view being the GOAT. In fact, I know I'm going to get flamed for this but the Ogre twins are washed, and Pistola is in my eyes a reincarnation of their skill. As said in recent posts, if Halo were to be on the circuit longer, Justin would've passed Tom up. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

honestly I would rather argue over who is the best in regards to BE forumgoers, I've seen so many of these threads up to this point and frankly it has bored me.

so I'll go with @@Goat just because its in his name :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

I know how many wins Tom has, but that doesn't change someones opinion on who they view being the GOAT. In fact, I know I'm going to get flamed for this but the Ogre twins are washed, and Pistola is in my eyes a reincarnation of their skill. As said in recent posts, if Halo were to be on the circuit longer, Justin would've passed Tom up. 

GOAT = Greatest Of ALL TIME

All time means life span from the beginning which started from Halo CE. So until someone has a better event status than him, he will be considered the all time greatest.

I agree that today Pistola is probably better, but when it comes down to the words greatest of "ALL TIME" then Ogre 2 gets it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It really seems like people like to throw out the past when making a point. Only going by what they personally saw. Id say ogre 2 in his prime was better than pistola in his prime.

Are we really doing this thread again? The answer is Ogre 2. We shouldn't have to make the same discussion every month, the answer will still be the same.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's also annoying that people bash threads. Yes I understand it's a repetitive topic but the guy just asked a question and wants to talk about halo. No one is forcing you to read it or comment on it. Personally I think it is Ogre 2 but I completely Understand the ola argument. Event wins alone do not make the best player. Neighbor has one event win yet he is a top 20 player of all time IMO. Also if we were going strictly by wins, is Bill Russel better then Michael Jordan? I don't think so...

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's also annoying that people bash threads. Yes I understand it's a repetitive topic but the guy just asked a question and wants to talk about halo. No one is forcing you to read it or comment on it. Personally I think it is Ogre 2 but I completely Understand the ola argument. Event wins alone do not make the best player. Neighbor has one event win yet he is a top 20 player of all time IMO. Also if we were going strictly by wins, is Bill Russel better then Michael Jordan? I don't think so...

In which case there is literally no argument for Pistola considering there is no publicly available record for in-game stats. 

Pistola is the greatest player ever, and is also the reason why Ogre2 has more event wins than his brother.

• Downvote (-1) 2

It has to be Ogre 2 until either a more demanding game than CE is released or CE becomes relevant in the tournament scene again with the MCC.

You can't take a player who has won national championships in every Halo (except Halo 4, but come on...) and then try to draw a comparison to player who have not competed in earlier titles at the same level. Until proven otherwise those Halo 1 and 2 accolades are a barrier that no player who didn't compete in those games can match up to.

Ogre 2.

The only argument that could be made against him is; If Halo wouldn't have died, and MLG had continued with Halo this whole time. Pistola may have surpassed 2gre in event wins, and possibly national titles. But my argument to that would be that 2gre would probably be on those teams... So... 2gre FTW.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre 2 hands down

Being dominant in CE and 2 > being dominant in 3 and Reach

Ogre 2 was dominant in every Halo on the circuit HCE-HR that is why he is the GOAT lol. Well not really H3 but he still won multiple events+2010 nats in that game.

He just went from being a god in H1+H2 where he was a top 1-2 player at all times indisputable, to a great team player in H3+HR(which are WAY more linear team-oriented games) where he gave up alot of the PW's and main slayer role to his teammates whereas before that was his role on FB. He would destroy any Halo pro at HCE today, and I suspect if the classic version of H2 in the MCC is run he will return to being a dominant slayer as he was on FB.

If you vote for anyone other than Ogre 2, people will -rep you lol. Pistola would have passed ogre 2 in event wins if there were still events EASILY 

-rep away kids

Are you serious ? Have you not seen the recent footage from the CE Beach Lan ? Get your facts straight before making such blatant false statements.

If you vote for anyone other than Ogre 2, people will -rep you lol. Pistola would have passed ogre 2 in event wins if there were still events EASILY 

-rep away kids

Lol...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1