Sign in to follow this  
Animosity

Will WAGERS Help MCC Blow Up?

Not sure how many of you guys are familiar with UMG Wagers, but basically it is a safe way to put money on the line in you 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 or whatever matches, extremely popular with cod right now, I personally think that when MCC drops the wager matches will be massive on that game and maybe even draw in the crowd of some of the younger CoD players looking to make money (which I wouldn't mind taking from them  :kappa:

How do you guys think UMG will impact Halo? 

Not sure how many of you guys are familiar with UMG Wagers, but basically it is a safe way to put money on the line in you 1v1 2v2 3v3 4v4 or whatever matches, extremely popular with cod right now, I personally think that when MCC drops the wager matches will be massive on that game and maybe even draw in the crowd of some of the younger CoD players looking to make money (which I wouldn't mind taking from them  :kappa:

How do you guys think UMG will impact Halo? 

More "free" tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I expect h2c wagers to be very active

A lot of people think they're good at h2 and a lot of people get HEATED playing h2 so I could see wagers being popular

• Upvote (+1) 1

I expect h2c wagers to be very active

A lot of people think they're good at h2 and a lot of people get HEATED playing h2 so I could see wagers being popular

only down side is the Kids who now have scufs will quad everything and think they could have been a h2 pro back in the day lol. 

only down side is the Kids who now have scufs will quad everything and think they could have been a h2 pro back in the day lol. 

Yeah, that's the only downside I see happening, people with modded controllers could ruin it.

Wagers (well money matches for FGC) in the FGC are also super popular.  Fchamp and Nemo recently put down 3k each for a single set and it was crazy as hell, side bets are also a big thing.

I don't think it helped CoD/FGC get new players so I  dont think it'll blow up/help the scene really in getting new players, but it is really fun for spectators and players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like once people get their 50, then they'll be popular. I know that's what I'll be focused on right off the bat.

I feel like once people get their 50, then they'll be popular. I know that's what I'll be focused on right off the bat.

I have to agree here haha! 

One thing I noticed is that pro CoD players do wagers with random pros instead of their team.. idk to me that's pointless.

One thing I noticed is that pro CoD players do wagers with random pros instead of their team.. idk to me that's pointless.

why would you wanna wager your own teammates?

Lol they call it "Money 8s". They pick teams school yard style then play a bo7.

It's dumb of their end I guess but entertaining imo

Wagers is exactly what Halo needs. The largest desire for success is directly contributed to failure. When CoD kids come looking for an easy buck and get wrecked by some vets it'll suck some of them into Halo, or they'll go back to CoD. Either way it's gathering more players for the Halo community as a whole

I don't think it's pointless, and I don't think they do it solely to wager their own teammates. From what I've seen and heard, many CoD pros are all good friends with each other, so it's probably an entertaining thing for them to do with their friends. Scrims are scrims, wagers are wagers.