Sign in to follow this  
Animosity

The Pit Concept Art

So not sure how many of you guys browsed bungie.net as much as I did back in the day, constantly checking my stats and what not... anyway one day I was on the site and I saw a picture that was CLEARLY the pit, however it was completely reworked, it looked like an old warehouse as opposed to the factory/military base that it was really. The only significant change I noticed besides the cosmetic aesthetics was that "green box" pretty much became "green hall" I don't remember if it was green but I do know that it was an underground hall as opposed to a platform you jumped onto, so I have two basic questions:

1. Does anyone have this image and or seen the image.

2. Could it possibly be in MCC?

I would love if I could find the concept art, it looked so cool lol. 

EDIT: I FOUND IT!!

http://halo.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Pit_Postmortem

2. Could it possibly be in MCC?

It is in MCC, under Halo 3 and Halo 4.

If you are referring to H2A, most likely not. They wouldn't remake a map twice within almost a year.

I almost wish they made greenhall where it is in this concept. Might have made The Pit interesting for TS instead of boring and stupid as fuck. Small chance, but I'd be optimistic if this was done in a remake. I know someone did one in Reach, I forget who it was. Something makes me thing bleuprint.

Yeah this is really cool. I remember seeing it around, not sure if it was Halo 3 though. I think lofike is right. And I agree with Lotto too, having green hall down there would have made things pretty interesting, maybe make the spot where green hall currently is a little gap for cover? Might be fun to see how it plays out. It looks beautiful though. 

It is in MCC, under Halo 3 and Halo 4.

If you are referring to H2A, most likely not. They wouldn't remake a map twice within almost a year.

I know the original pit will be in it, but this concept differs a tad bit, you think that will be in MCC?

you think that will be in MCC?

Doubtful. I'd be stoked if it was, though. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I almost wish they made greenhall where it is in this concept. Might have made The Pit interesting for TS instead of boring and stupid as fuck. Small chance, but I'd be optimistic if this was done in a remake. I know someone did one in Reach, I forget who it was. Something makes me thing bleuprint.

Agreed, that placement looks interesting. I wonder how it would play like that?

Or, just as an alternative, if that lower hallway were in addition to the existing green hall? Maybe even with some sort of drop-down / trick jump-up?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Any forgers who are bored waiting for MCC? Lol... You could probably take the MLG Pit on Reach and mess with it... I might do that.

Any forgers who are bored waiting for MCC? Lol... You could probably take the MLG Pit on Reach and mess with it... I might do that.

I'm familiar enough with it as I was privy to seeing HikaruX's map dismantled and rebuilt as the MLG Pit. :blink:

I'm familiar enough with it as I was privy to seeing HikaruX's map dismantled and rebuilt as the MLG Pit. :blink:

How is it?

This was an early build of The Pit for Halo 3. It shows gameplay in this stage of the map in a ViDoc that Bungie made before the game was released.

This was an early build of The Pit for Halo 3. It shows gameplay in this stage of the map in a ViDoc that Bungie made before the game was released.

link?

link?

I think this is what he's referring to. 

There isn't much.. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think this is what he's referring to. 

There isn't much.. 

I guess I just love the concept so much I think it looks great. Lol

I'd be interested to see how the map would play if you took that version, then added another tunnel under training bridge that would run directly under the wall, so the two tunnels would meet up to make a T.  Additionally, I would try adding a lift/drop down, connecting the tunnel and long hall.

I'd be interested to see how the map would play if you took that version, then added another tunnel under training bridge that would run directly under the wall, so the two tunnels would meet up to make a T.  Additionally, I would try adding a lift/drop down, connecting the tunnel and long hall.

If we could take it that far, what about creating a medium-sized center room connecting green, bottom training, the new tunnels, and maybe long hall?

If we could take it that far, what about creating a medium-sized center room connecting green, bottom training, the new tunnels, and maybe long hall?

My initial reaction is...I'm not a big fan of that idea.

The main reason I like the tunnel idea is because it makes the fastest route from base to base more dangerous than the current version, since it's a longer path with a longer line of sight.  It's a higher risk for the reward of a shorter travel distance.

The other reason I like it is because it creates a movement option through the center at a different elevation than the other options.

Creating a room in the middle (and therefore adding additional movement options in that section of the map) somewhat reduces those benefits.  It would certainly be worth testing though.  If I were going to test it out, I could see something similar to the middle ring from sanctuary being interesting.  Let me put something together in paint quick, lol.

PitMid_zpsfaf60cd6.jpg

Hopefully that make sense.  Brown is the upper level.  The lower levels are the tunnels, with the top and bottom red openings leading to bases, the left red opening leading to a lift into long hall, and the right red opening going into bottom training.

• Upvote (+1) 1

this will be a map that gets shipped with TMCC as it already exists in halo 4. I think it is called pitfall and was a dlc map of the champions bundle,,,

oh! I played halo 4 for all of 3 minutes so I had no idea, was it a good remake?

this will be a map that gets shipped with TMCC as it already exists in halo 4. I think it is called pitfall and was a dlc map of the champions bundle,,,

It isn't the same. The big giveaway is the placement of green hall. 

It isn't the same. The big giveaway is the placement of green hall. 

I am pretty sure the picture is taken on the halo 4 map pitfall

oh! I played halo 4 for all of 3 minutes so I had no idea, was it a good remake?

I never really played halo 4 but from the things I saw the map wasn't good, pit with sprint was dumb and there was a stupid lift from runway up to sword...