Sign in to follow this  
CyReN

Halo: Reach is FREE

Best Halo UI by far in my opinion. Love the Active Roster.

Yeah that is genius, as a first time reach player, the game looks amazing, it's the best looking halo game IMO, but it only plays okay

I love how health is visible, I hate having to guess my health in other halos

• Upvote (+1) 1

you can see health? cool, anything new in this title that isnt in others (reach is the only halo i havent tried out)

You'll see, health is located right under your shield

There's no br as far as I can tell, and you really have to pace your shots cause of bloom

There are lots of old school maps recreated so you should be okay in that regard

Yeah that is genius, as a first time reach player, the game looks amazing, it's the best looking halo game IMO, but it only plays okay

I agree with the health - I hate intentionally obfuscating mechanics in games.

As for how it plays I strongly recommend you do your best to avoid the default gametypes. it can be difficult to identify what's what, but try to vote for TU variants as they have a reduced bloom effect (85%) which notable increases the pace of the game.

After trying that out I then can't stress how much I recommend jumping into MLG. It's naturally a tougher playlist due to the calibre of players it attracts, but despite being a mechanically weak player I do find it to be a very rewarding and enjoyable gaming experience. It's very liberating when coming from other Reach variants or Halo 3 and the player feels much more powerful.

• Upvote (+1) 3

welcome...

skip everything default and play mlg....even if you do dabble in the fuckery of default reach just try to gauge your overall experience based on the mlg playlist....best competitive halo since h2 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I tried to jump into MLG earlier but there was only 35 people playing, most games of team slayer I've played are dmr slayer so the game types have been tolerable. I'm hoping the population picks up later in the day, I've been playing 10 year olds it seems like.

Also im really stoked that I can play mlg playlist without dlc

How's the MLG playlist population as of late? relatively easy to find a game?

EDIT: i read the post above. was seeing if anything had changed now.

How's the MLG playlist population as of late? relatively easy to find a game?

EDIT: i read the post above. was seeing if anything had changed now.

I'm finding games

I'm finding games

Isn't it refreshing to have your bullets shoot in a straight line and to have a good netcode? If only Reach had a better map pool...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Quick question: If I have a 2 week trial, does that count as Gold for the purposes of downloading/playing Reach for these two weeks?

Good question. Paging the all knowing @@Moa

Quick question: If I have a 2 week trial, does that count as Gold for the purposes of downloading/playing Reach for these two weeks?

You need an actual Gold membership to download Games with Gold games, not a trial.

You can absolutely play the game with a gold trial though.

• Upvote (+1) 1