Sign in to follow this  
Philosopher

Suicide Prevention Thread

Very sad. Sorry for your loss, ill be keeping you in my thoughts. I know from experience it's a hard time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think the title of this thread should be allowed

No one here should be helping anyone commit suicide

I don't think the title of this thread should be allowed

No one here should be helping anyone commit suicide

"Phrasing"

But yeah, "Suicide Prevention thread" would of been a better title. if a mod sees that, could you kindly change it? ty.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry for your loss, I hope you find a silver lining.

The unfortunate thing about depression and anxiety is that once the feeling lingers in your head most people only feel like they can change by either fighting the negative feelings with hate or scaring themselves out of it. The environment we live in can amplify the bad feelings especially if we are isolated because there isn't any driving feeling of change which we relate to as hope. We all go through down times, it might not be as severe as long term depression that some of us suffer with but it is a serious problem. A lot of people feel that the only way they can handle depression and anxiety is by shutting it down and closing it off from the views of others but it just manifests into you and your life. The key to dealing with depression, anxiety and suicide prevention is to step out of your comfort zone. So if you're sitting down on a computer because you feel like you haven't got a life, get up and go shopping or play sport. You can't change in your comfort zone, so leave it! Whether that's because of how you feel you should act or be or where you are do something else. Go on a holiday or spend some time with friends you don't talk to, there are endless options out there. The important thing is that as long as you're aware of this eventually you'll try it if you want to see some new light which is your perspective. Whatever you feel right now, don't worry. It's just a matter of perspective, good luck! 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Travis funeral was yesterday afternoon. Great service, around 300 there, mostly all friends, and acquaintance he'd made DJing in our local scene for the last 5 years.

Funerals are easy, but the burial is what got me. I cried like a baby for 2 hours,. then the local rave scene threw a big party in his honor. 4 great DJs played the after party/after part. And yes, i partied my absolute hardest, threw down extra hard on the dance floor. I actually still haven't even slept yet, just got home 20 minutes again.  All in Travis honor.

each DJ plays a special remix in his honor, which was amazing. Thought i'd share one of his Mixtapes. This is really only for you, the EDM fan; 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Sorry for your loss, I hope you find a silver lining.

The unfortunate thing about depression and anxiety is that once the feeling lingers in your head most people only feel like they can change by either fighting the negative feelings with hate or scaring themselves out of it. The environment we life in can amplify the bad feelings especially if we are isolated because there isn't any driving feeling of change which we relate to as hope. We all go through down times, it might not be as severe as long term depression that some of us suffer with but it is a serious problem. A lot of people feel that the only way they can handle depression and anxiety is but shutting it down and closing it off from the views of others but it just manifests into you and your life. The key to dealing with depression, anxiety and suicide prevention is to step out of your comfort zone. So if you're sitting down on a computer because you feel like you haven't got a life, get up and go shopping or play sport. You can't change in your comfort zone, so leave it! Whether that's because of how you feel you should act or be or where you are do something else. Go on a holiday or spend some time with friends you don't talk to, there are endless options out there. The important thing is that as long as you're aware of this eventually you'll try it if you want to see some new light. Whatever you feel right now, don't worry. It's just a matter of perspective, good luck! 

this

• Upvote (+1) 1

just saw this thread, I never would have thought someone like @@Philosopher would make a thread like this but regardless I would like to share my thoughts/opinions on this matter.

As someone who has attempted suicide before (I would rather not go into detail) I can tell you that you have it all wrong, you're blaming yourself (in a way) for your friends suicide when in reality it likely had nothing to do with you, I remember vividly that when I was in school I would practically always act happy and go lucky but when I would go home I would always be depressed, in fact the main reason why I started to play video games was because it made it easier for me to escape all the issues surrounding me, it is likely that your friend had far more serious and underlying issues within himself than what he let on and in fact his kindness towards you and others was a way of preventing you or anyone else from getting involved, to put it in simpler terms it wasn't your fault. 

if anyone wants someone to talk to on this subject PM me, I will be sure to give the best advice I can on the matter, I will be entering the Job Corps in about 2 weeks but I'll be sure to answer you at some point or another :)

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've had bad thoughts lately  :mellow: 

what you think doesn't really matter, what really matters is what you do.

I can't tell you how many times I've either wanted to do something or even planned on doing something that was lets say debatable but ended up doing the right thing instead, its perfectly normal you could say even natural to have certain thoughts and opinions that are simply sickening to others but as long as you have the will to do that which is necessary to me your a good person :)

again if you want to have a conversation PM me about it, unless your comfortable giving personal information publicly that is <_<

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've nearly been to the point of pulling the trigger many times.  It is a crazy feeling, wanting to die more than you want to live.  Talking about it is also hard.

Sorry for your loss.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With the big jump in members recently, i'm moving this back up.

If there's anyone who just needs a completely nonjudgmental someone to chill out with, play some halo, and/or just talk about stuff. I'm still always here on the forums and twitter, and free to game or skype, or just exchange pm's, whatever you'd like, anytime. day or night.

Happy 2015 everything. Have a good year, eh  :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 1