HaloNut252

Why do H3's 2007 graphics/gameplay look better than most new stuff?

I don't get it, 7 year old graphics and movement/physics look WAY more natural than most new games. The newer games look shinier and more polished but everything looks digital and the movement is too quick/unnatural. Very frustrating.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Graphics-

Art style. H3 didn't have the hyper-realistic art style. Also relatively simple textures help.

Games like Wind Waker and TF2 still look great today because of the art style.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Graphics-

Art style. H3 didn't have the hyper-realistic art style. Also relatively simple textures help.

H3 doesn't have simple textures

• Downvote (-1) 1

The lighting helps with the low 640p resolution textures. Go up to s3 guardian with the battle rifle, and move around until the BR is lit up, you'll see how bad the texture on the gun is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H3 doesn't have simple textures

scout.jpg

I'd argue that the Halo 3 armor textures were pretty simple compared to both Halo: Reach and Halo 4.

O2MB9gU.png

• Upvote (+1) 4

Graphics-

I liked 3's art style a lot actually. I'd prefer it if maybe it was a little darker, but all in all it was a pretty game. It's also subjective, so asking why H3 looks better than other games as if it's a fact makes it kind of silly. 

the art style is amazing, and the simple textures make the game look very good. The lighting and shadows are also a lot less stressed than in halo 4's graphics, which makes the game look better in a hard to explain way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

scout.jpg

I'd argue that the Halo 3 armor textures were pretty simple compared to both Halo: Reach and Halo 4.

O2MB9gU.png

I agree, and that's what makes the game so ascetically pleasing. Also, it's a simple game compared to it's successors. That and art style is what makes the gameplay so smooth.

• Upvote (+1) 3

ya, Halo 3 graphics have stood the test of time. It still looks great today. I don't really remember how I reacted to the graphics when the game came out, but I must've shit myself because they still look dam good lol.

scout.jpg

O2MB9gU.png

I'm confused, when I look at H3 it looks way more detailed than H4/H2A which look way too shiny/smooth
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I've always thought Halo 3 graphics seem clearer, when playing Reach or H4 I can hardly tell what armour theyre wearing, on Halo 3 its clear as day what theyre wearing.

I'm confused, when I look at H3 it looks way more detailed than H4/H2A which look way too shiny/smooth

Look at the shoulders in the images I linked. Halo 3's armour detail was flat and colourful while Reach was detailed with scratches, dents and grimy colours.

H3 had the best Halo graphics by far

I think it's cause the vivid colors and the spartan armor/model

nowadays Halo is polluted with realistic bs like post processing and lens flare etc

pathetic

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

scout.jpg

O2MB9gU.png

the art style is amazing, and the simple textures make the game look very good. The lighting and shadows are also a lot less stressed than in halo 4's graphics, which makes the game look better in a hard to explain way.

ya, Halo 3 graphics have stood the test of time. It still looks great today. I don't really remember how I reacted to the graphics when the game came out, but I must've shit myself because they still look dam good lol.

I've always thought Halo 3 graphics seem clearer, when playing Reach or H4 I can hardly tell what armour theyre wearing, on Halo 3 its clear as day what theyre wearing.

These are all on point. Also, I never understood the how the animations of when you would kill someone went downhill so much after Halo 3. Getting a snipe on a guy was so much more satisfying when he flopped backwards (off host, of course), or watching your dead enemy do a beautiful backflip when they were in mid-air. In Reach and Halo 4 they went back to how it was in Halo 2 (or at least similar). It was definitely a step down from Halo 3's. 

scout.jpg

O2MB9gU.png

Mia coming in clutch with a PC-Program U.I. not the actual Reach model

Also Halo 3's gameplay is awful. Go play any other game for a while the go back to Halo 3. It feels awful.

Why is this getting downvoted? How can anyone deny that going back to Halo 3 after taking time off feels clunky and unplayable until you get used to it?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 6

I don't get it, 7 year old graphics and movement/physics look WAY more natural than most new games. The newer games look shinier and more polished but everything looks digital and the movement is too quick/unnatural. Very frustrating.

I feel like it is all preference, graphics are not everything, a lot of gamers like the way things look if they look more realistic, Halo 3 has a small cartoon effect to it, while if you look at Destiny or Halo 4 it feels like you are playing a sports game in 1080p, while Halo 3. I think Halo 3 is much more eye appealing to me, but I love the realism in a lot of games. 

I believe the simplicity of it's making was unparalleled to most new gen successors. As was it's gameplay. The nostalgia of classic Halo and how it should be played. 

This is why H3 is my favorite. It's just an all round beautiful game. I can't wait to see what it looks like in 1080p.

• Upvote (+1) 1

H3 had the best Halo graphics by far

I think it's cause the vivid colors and the spartan armor/model

nowadays Halo is polluted with realistic bs like post processing and lens flare etc

pathetic

If I could neg you today I would, but unfortunately I have reached my daily quota thanks to your posts.

You are the representation of everything that is wrong with this community, stating your biased opinions as facts and bashing every single person who disagrees with you. Your childish behaviour is what pegs this community as unable to give or take any form of well structured criticism, as if everything flew over your head and you just replied in insults.

How about "In my opinion, Halo 3 had the best graphics. I think Halo 4 is oversaturated with details, and could be fixed by toning down the level of detail a bit"? Same message, completely different level of acceptance.

I'll neg you tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Why is this getting downvoted? How can anyone deny that going back to Halo 3 after taking time off feels clunky and unplayable until you get used to it?

It's getting down voted because we're talking about the way the game looks. Not how it plays. Yes, we all acknowledge the fact that it had shitty net code. Still people like my self enjoy the fuck out of it because of that simple little nostalgia factor. The game is still IMO better than a lot of other shooters on the market today. 

• Upvote (+1) 2