ABearInTheWoods

What is all the Hype about??

So I have been watching numerous streams for hours. 

I honestly do not understand what all the hype is about Destiny.

Someone care to fill me in?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Okay for all you passive-aggressive immature gamers, let me tell you something... Some people like different games than you.  And in this case, not everyone is going to like Destiny just like not everyone is going like every other game.  

I can careless for Destiny, but I am not going to go around saying, omg omg gaiz liek why do u liek dis game, like omg omg y is it so hyped!!

Just let people play their fucken games.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I think, in my case at least, this game does a lot better at playing it rather than watching it.

Watching competitive Halo can get me giddy and excited, Destiny cannot.

It is however still really fun to play.

I've been having a shit load of fun playing it, have yet to watch a stream so idk

Okay for all you passive-aggressive immature gamers, let me tell you something... Some people like different games than you.  And in this case, not everyone is going to like Destiny just like not everyone is going like every other game.  

I can careless for Destiny, but I am not going to go around saying, omg omg gaiz liek why do u liek dis game, like omg omg y is it so hyped!!

Just let people play their fucken games.

Who is stopping anyone from playing?

Last time I checked this was a "discussion" board - so might be the right place to ask people why they enjoy the game.  To start a "discussion"

Just saying. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

FPS MMO type experience with LOOT DROPS and those BOSS BATTLES all the while with 2 buddies and some cool environments to scale! 

Basically it's one of the first major MMO FPS games tho. That's the hype doe

IDK, not sure about this game.

Is it active on 360?

Yes. I find matches quick, see people in the Tower and during missions!

Good game that is missing features that would make it a great game, and they almost all fall under social interaction.

There is none.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Honestly everyone here should try warframe. Its free to play on the xbone, ps4 market and PC(cosmetic microtransactions) and is a much deeper and more challenging shooting mmo. It has WAY better social tools as well. The only main difference is that it is 3rd person. 

If only warframe had the $500m marketing budget....

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good game that is missing features that would make it a great game, and they almost all fall under social interaction.

There is none.

Precisely, the game "world" does not feel as epic as it could be with some deeper player interaction features.

I understand Bungie wasn't trying to make a super ruthless EVE online type of MMO, but they could of used some world pvp, factions(optional), or something else to set it apart from a shoot-and loot type game like Borderlands.

• Upvote (+1) 1

75k people watching it yesterday on twitch

28k today.....

wonder what the numbers will be in a week?

That is a question for coachmayne.

The only reason i did not buy Destiny is because all of the news Beyond made about the game. The game got annoying before i played it and none of the news head lines look interesting at all.

28k today.....

Probably around 7.5K-10K.

All the hype is about the 100's of millions of dollars bungie spent to advertise the game.

It really turned out to be nothing like many people thought it would be. BUT just like when Diablo 3 launch, it was quite terrible. Then the console version came out and it got improved greatly. Then a new PC version, and again, improved greatly. Then again, a new console version and that to improved the game, and now its one of the best games ive ever played.

Bungie wants this game to have a 5 year life cycle at least. So as soon as it looks like their game is fading, there will be DLC out the ass, and patches to fix in game complaints. Just like Blizzard and their Diablo baby. You don't just spend a budget of 500 million and let your game die in a couple months. Even if most of that budget was spent on advertising.

• Upvote (+1) 1

28k today.....

49d46c1cf3d5abeb1aaa1688d8668374.png

/coachmayyne

Let's face it. All games are going to be like this in their first week. Halo will be like this, Advanced Warfare will be like this, etc. That first week is when all the big time streamers get their hands on a new game and then go back to their usual schedule or wait for a new release like the Streamer House does.

It's obvious that Destiny is not everyone's cup of tea whether it refer to the PvP, PvE, or the lack of depth and features in the game. Personally I am enjoying it for what I've played so far. and I feel like the hype wasn't all for nothing compared to Titanfall.

I see myself actually playing this game off and on for the achievements and making new characters until at least MCC and no doubt I'll return when the DLC comes out. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Got Destiny last night and I have to say, it's pretty cool... I love just taking it slow in the story, exploring, searching for loot, battling bunches of enemies... It's a new type of game for me, not quite like anything that I've personally played before. It's fun to up the difficulty too, for an XP bonus, and it can be pretty challenging at parts.

As for the multiplayer, I've played a few matches... I'm still getting used to it, the controls are a bit different than Halo and it plays similar, but not, at the same time, in terms of how you approach a fight.

It's not quite as fun as Halo, and honestly I didn't expect it to be, but it's a fresh new experience for me that should keep me busy for a little while... It's definitely an interesting game to say the least, and I mean that in a very good way.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The PvP is pretty trash.  The random rewards are even worse.  2 games in a row of being top on my scrub team and I get nothing while last place gets rare armor that would rank me up.  Guess I'll try playing a game with my feet and see what it gives me.  Just when I thought they couldn't possibly make a game any more random, Destiny happens.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I also had that happen to me last night.

Decided to try a game of rumble as it was the featured playlist, I took 1st place going 22-4, the guy who finished in 3rd place who went 9-8 ended up getting a legendary armor engram and I got nothing at all. 

Definitely seems like the loot system for crucible is just a random participation medal thing. 

A lot of my buddies have this game and I have yet to feel like I'm missing out on anything by not getting it. I don't even have a console. Come november I'll actually have a good reason to buy an xbone