The Snazzer

Your rage story.

Back in the Halo 3 days, Construct used to be my favorite map. It was not played that much so when I was given the option to play I would always tell my friends not to veto....

So one night, there are 3 of us playing Social Slayer and we get Team Slayer on Construct. Awesome! It might of been the first time for the night, so I tell my two buddies not to veto. Cool. Easy. Respectable.

So at the very last second the vetos are 4/10 and my friend whom I'm sitting beside fucking vetos and so does someone else. Construct gets vetoed.

I fucking lost it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Raged a few times, nothing to the extent where I broke something though, once got really mad in SWAT magnums where my teammates where obsessed with shooting me, ended up between me, my team, and the opposing team who must have been so confused at the time.

I can imagine a few times where people have raged at me, once where I was doing so well on Countdown with the Shotgun I got a little too overconfident and tried to steal someones assassination.

Accidentally got my teammate instead, instant boot.

Best time was in Infection on the Cage when I pushed a teammate off the map for the lolz, needless to say he wasn't happy with me and chased me down for the entire game.

Most of my "rages" came from the H2 XBL days, trying to get a 50.

I was much younger then and thus, more prone to raging. Not to mention the fact that getting a 50 in H2 was way, way harder than getting a 50 in 3 or 4.

Halo 3 is difficult now only because nobody plays anymore, and those that do are either resets and/or modders, which makes trying to get a 50 (on your own) nearly impossible for a completely different set of reasons.

And I refuse to attempt a 50 in Halo 4 simply because of Infinity Slayer; I refuse to play it, yet it gets voted for every single time. I'm not about to go solo into pubs with a bunch of kids who spawn with promethean vision and randomly have SAWs 30 seconds into the game for no reason, or where the opposing team have 3 over-shields for no reason as well, all the while my team have no mics, and thus no communication, and no strategy at all.

I will, however, likely experience a lot more rage when MCC comes out and I'm trying to get a 50 in a H2 playlist, or in CE doubles or something.

I was using a wired controller. When I was really pissed, I grabbed a pillow from the couch to throw at the tv, I missed and hit the cord that was connected to my controller, which ripped the controller from my hands and flew into a bunch of decorative china that was on the entertainment center. I was able to glue most of it back together, but had to discard a few pieces. Some how, no one in the family ever noticed the few missing items or the cracks in the ones I pieced back together. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Was playing halo reach and play mlg playlist on sanctuary and I was in the sniper HUD and I got snipes through ring 2 wall and through the pillars of the HUD and I was like how did I get sniped lol then I watched the vid and seen that I was like wtf

I find that with Halo, you have a few back and forth messages. These other games I play have smaller communities and people take it way more personal. People are known not for rage messages but for rage novels.

Who here has knowledge of competitive Halo 2 in 05? Or was experienced with Shadowrun? Does anyone here know iDeadeye? If so the first 10 pages of this thread would be dedicated to him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

10647646_10154540287885537_1669229276_n.

Gotta love halo

One time I was playing RISK and I play mutually assured destruction. I set all my armies on one territory and leave all my other territories wide open with just one army. Anyone can see I have a retaliatory massive build up for one purpose - to take down anyone that touches my continent. Africa was the best for this.

Anyways, one kid didn't like the way I played. After the game was over he sent me a message saying that his brother works for MS and he was going to report me and I should expect my LIVE membership to be terminated. I actually thought, WTF, I was just playing the game with my own style, and have had others tell me it was interesting style even. So I decided to investigate the terms of the LIVE service and found he actually broke the terms by calling me N--ger (I am not black, but he used that term). Unfortunately I had already deleted his message and could not use it as part of my reporting him. Never heard back from him. Never heard anything from his brother or MS.

But I learned if I ever get a message like the one you got I would immediately report the person. I have zero tolerance for that stuff. That is why I left THC. It was a circus. The clowns and animals were out of control. One of them was threatening me in the open. Couldn't believe that would be allowed to happen AT ALL, but it was regular stuff over there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, the most awkward moment where when I had a 38-0 killstreak and got booted because of a betrayal (from a banshee bomb) by a teammate. With the headset on I loudly ranted expletive words for a very long time. I throwed away and broke my headset and walked out of the room...and there stood my daughters teacher with my wife. She had unannounced come by the house to leave some books....Hrm...well...my explanations really didn´t reach her.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I kind of wish my anger once got to the point that I threw my controller across the room or something, just to say it's happened... But alas, it hasn't. I usually just get off and go do something. 

This was back in 2008 or so, but i was going for my LW 50 on Halo 3. I won around 15-16 games consecutive on my 49. I lost one game on oddball, and i ranked down to a 48. I turned off my xbox, and threw my astros a40 against the wall breaking them in half. I didn't really care at the time because the sound was already messed up on them. I wish i still had them to show you guys a picture, but i gave them to my good friend MlS5Y for parts.

Not of me but me and my cousin were playing Halo Reach Team doubles on synapse and we get destroyed 4-25. And without any face expression, he tosses the controller backwards across the room jamming the left bumper. That was so funny I couldnt stop laughing.

Don't really rage anymore, but when I was super young I used to bite my SNES controller whenever I died in Super Mario World. I always chuckle when I look at my controllers now because you can see teeth marks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread is interesting in that nobody's rage story ends with it benefitting them somehow that they raged. Like "And I screamed so loud at the television that the hot girl next door came over to see what was wrong and I got her number."

Is there a rage story out there with a happy ending?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread is interesting in that nobody's rage story ends with it benefitting them somehow that they raged. Like "And I screamed so loud at the television that the hot girl next door came over to see what was wrong and I got her number."

Is there a rage story out there with a happy ending?

Well, I usually win the game after the rage.