belucheez

Game of Thrones Discussion

Somehow we all knew or at least had a feeling the demise of Ramsay would involve those hounds. 

Good episode, a tad predictive though. Also, the Dany stuff is being sped up to max atm, which I enjoy because I find that part pretty boring.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Somehow we all knew or at least had a feeling the demise of Ramsay would involve those hounds. 

I was hoping Jon's direwolf would be unleashed on him.

• Upvote (+1) 2

yup this was my favorite scene. it was legitimately anxiety-inducing.

Definitely.

Add on the scene with all the horses/battling surrounding him.

Was completely surprised at what they were able to do. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

it's too bad the garbage writing prevented this from being a truly great episode, as in one of the easy best of the series, but at least the visual spectacle was on fucking point. the battle was well shot all around.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Danny/Iron Born stuff happened so quick. Like did they just show up in the middle of the battle and chill until it was over or what?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The cinematography in that episode was top notch. It was the first thing I noticed. No other episode comes close. I hope they learn from this and keep it up for next season.

• Upvote (+1) 1

qPJ2bVA.gif

NjL6oyR.jpg

2Iy7fbK.jpg

KswhbFM.jpg

Thanks for posting these... I need to go and re-watch that episode tonight.  It all happens so fast that I usually need to sit down and take it all in again with a different mind set.

That might be the greatest battle scene I have ever watched and the cinematography was beautiful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Definitely agree with everyone in this thread. I feel like this is the only thread where we all come together and just agree upon things. lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

Incredible episode. That amazing suffocating sequence you guys are talking about apparently wasn't even a part of the script but was added because of time constraints.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/19/game-thrones-battle-directorFrom the director

One evening I got home and I kind of knew we couldn’t finish in the time we had left so I wrote a long email to David and Dan and the other producers to suggest an alternative that I thought we could achieve in the remaining time, but that would mean going “off book” for three days. That is to say, we’d be shooting without a script. I finished the email and made a cup of tea (no whisky in the house) then waited for the response, which I fully expected to be a public chastisement and general reaming for even suggesting that (Dan and David like their scripts executed the way they wrote them, and with good reason).

It was late already and if were going to do this we needed to employ this idea first thing the next day. But I couldn’t move forward without their consent and they were in L.A. at the time. I hadn’t even worked exactly out how I’d do it, I just knew we need a Plan B.

Anyway, not 15 minutes later, I get a ping on the email and David and Dan have replied. They said it sucked not to be able to finish as scripted but they also understood the crunch we were in and that they trusted me and to have at it.

I think that this section of the fight — in which Jon is almost buried alive by a stampede of panicking wildings — turned out as one of my favorite little moments in the sequence. No VFX, no fighting, just Kit giving a stellar performance and a crazy top shot as he pushes his way back out (we affectionately called it the “rebirthing” shot). The other reason I liked it is because of what it meant to be allowed to follow my gut and go for it. That kind of trust you can’t buy and it felt like a privilege to have been given that kind of support to go into unchartered territory by the producers in such a high stakes game.

So what big things happen next episode?

Wall comes down?

Kings Landing burned?

TOJ Hype?

Red Wedding 2.0?

My body is ready. 

Wall comes down?

Kings Landing burned?

TOJ Hype?

Red Wedding 2.0?

My body is ready. 

Euron arrives to Meereen (Littlefinger travel) reveals the dragonbinder!

well...

Tommen & Loras are probably gonna die. High Sparrow maybe? Walder Frey?

im betting on tommen and walder frey 

so uh

dorne???? like im just so confused as to what the fuck D&D were trying to do over there and what the fuck happened with it

dorne???? like im just so confused as to what the fuck D&D were trying to do over there and what the fuck happened with it

Dorne is D&D's fan fiction corner and they're trying to fix their treason by omitting it as much as possible.

Wall comes down?

Kings Landing burned?

TOJ Hype?

Red Wedding 2.0?

My body is ready. 

I'm thinking all of those things happen

Do any of you remedials have high quality stills of the tormund, wun wun, snow scene when theyre about to chase down ramsey? @@Roxas ?