belucheez

Game of Thrones Discussion

I'm betting that one of the later episodes this season will end with Tyrion checking on the dragons and getting lit the fuck up by Rhaegal, then the next episode begins with him being unharmed by the fire, revealing his Targaryen bloodline.

Take that shit to the bank.

I'm betting that one of the later episodes this season will end with Tyrion checking on the dragons and getting lit the fuck up by Rhaegal, then the next episode begins with him being unharmed by the fire, revealing his Targaryen bloodline.

Take that shit to the bank.

Yes but how would he have that Bloodline?

Yes but how would he have that Bloodline?

big spoiler

There's a theory that the real reason Tywin hated Tyrion so much is because he's not his real son and the son of a Targaryen (forgot which one, maybe Rhaegar?)

if Tyrion is yet ANOTHER hidden Targ, I will murder grrm. if it ends up being a show-only element, i will murder D&D. that would just be so fucking stupid & would ruin Tyrion.

big spoiler

There's a theory that the real reason Tywin hated Tyrion so much is because he's not his real son and the son of a Targaryen (forgot which one, maybe Rhaegar?)

I wouldn't count rumors as a spoiler though. Also I'm on mobil so trying to put a spoiler is a bitch.

if Tyrion is yet ANOTHER hidden Targ, I will murder grrm. if it ends up being a show-only element, i will murder D&D. that would just be so fucking stupid & would ruin Tyrion.

If that were true then there would only be two-three hidden Targs. Aegon, (rumor) Jon, and (rumor) Tyrion.

Exactly. After one hidden Targ it's a dumb played out trope that becomes redundant & is no longer interesting

I wouldn't say that. Since Aegon isn't even in the show, for the most part Tyrion could be the replacement for Aegon. If that were true then the show and book would only have two hidden Targs.

& technically Aegon isn't a rumor; he's a full-blown hidden Targ, even if he's not actually a Targ

Nah the rumor was for Jon. But there has been no sign of Aegon or the group that is supposed to be taking care of him. Tyrion could be his replacement. It would give Tyrions group a huge boost in moral.

Seriously it seems like there are people on reddit that know more about the series than George himself.

Seriously it seems like there are people on reddit that know more about the series than George himself.

GRRM actually commented on this. He said that the Internet had destroyed a lot of mystery to books because nowadays with the ease of communication, if one person figures it out, everyone figures it out. It kind of sucks that I know a lot of the theories that are likely true because of the Internet. It would have been nice to be surprised by them but oh well.

Tyrion being a Targ would also explain why Varys went through all the trouble of keeping him alive and bringing him to meet Dany

Tyrion being a Targ would also explain why Varys went through all the trouble of keeping him alive and bringing him to meet Dany

The reason Varys rescued him is because he owed him. I forgot for what though. Tryrion reminded him of his debt when he was under trial and Varys said something like "I haven't forgotten"

Anything more than Jon and Aegon and it's lazy storytelling

pretty much the point i was trying to make. like how many targ reveals can I even stomach @ this point?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

pretty much the point i was trying to make. like how many targ reveals can I even stomach @ this point?

Tyrion is and would be a far more interesting character as the son that his family hates, instead of random Targaryen child that was still raised by Tywin for no reason