belucheez

Game of Thrones Discussion

Is it really a thing to watch the show and bitch about everything that's different from the books? If I did that for the Walking Dead I'd be a miserable fuck.

When the show goes out of its way to be bad then yes it is a thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are times when the show deviated and it was good. For example, I loved the scenes in prior seasons with Arya and Tywin which never happened in the books.

• Upvote (+1) 2

yeah there's a fair share of good things that have come from the show that weren't in the books.

The dialogue between Robert and Cersei in season 1 was pretty good, the Arya and Tywin scenes were a nice addition, and who could forget the hound cunt punting Brienne? The Battle at Hardhome was one of the best things on the show and it wasn't even in the books. 

However, especially in recent seasons it seems like things are being added, changed, or oversimplified for what seems to be no reason at all or to just add shock value. Sometimes on a very large scale(like what they did with Jaime this season for example). Which obviously is going to make most hardcore fans a little irritated.   

Ian McShane appearing in season 6. Randyll Tarly? Euron Greyjoy? Marwyn?

He looks like he'll fit Victarion more than Euron. Great casting regardless of his role.

I'm thinking Randyll Tarly. He only has limited screen time in this role. Plus, he'd totally make a perfect Randyll.

No wonder why Sam is scared shitless.

He looks like he'll fit Victarion more than Euron. Great casting regardless of his role.

Will Victarion even be in the show? iirc their casting details only listed one "pirate" and Euron will probably be the more important of the two so I think they're likely to combine Victarion with Euron in the show. 

But I'm with Ender, Randyll Tarly seems the most likely. 

Victarian won't be in the show.  His primary job is to give Dany ships, and Dany has ships, so he isn't necessary.

There are times when the show deviated and it was good. For example, I loved the scenes in prior seasons with Arya and Tywin which never happened in the books.

Except that book Tywin would have outed her as Arya Stark and captured her in all of 5 minutes.

So like 2 years ago I watched the first season. I enjoyed it but wasn't fully captivated and hooked to continue watching, despite knowing how good people found the show. Anyways fast forward to now I've been on a lot of car rides and found myself listening to audio books. I got Game of Thrones Fire and Ice and starting listening to it again. Now I don't know if I should just go back to watching the show or just listening or both lol help

So like 2 years ago I watched the first season. I enjoyed it but wasn't fully captivated and hooked to continue watching, despite knowing how good people found the show. Anyways fast forward to now I've been on a lot of car rides and found myself listening to audio books. I got Game of Thrones Fire and Ice and starting listening to it again. Now I don't know if I should just go back to watching the show or just listening or both lol help

Listen to the books, then watch the show. How long is the audio listen for the series btw?

Listen to the books, then watch the show. How long is the audio listen for the series btw?

Varies depending on chapter, but they're usually 35-45 mins long.

Varies depending on chapter, but they're usually 35-45 mins long.

You can also speed up the listening to like 1.25x speed which doesn't ruin it and speeds it up

Apparently Young Ned Stark has been cast.

Tourney at Harrenhal flashback + introduction to Howland Reed?

Hmmm I guess that is one thing the show can really excel at, flashbacks.  

I just assumed Bran flashbacks.

Tower of Joy

etc