belucheez

Game of Thrones Discussion

You're really jumping through hoops to explain away the sloppy writing, Quarter. Your explaination is equally as sloppy. You really think Jon was about to scale the wall without gear? After getting his shit pushed in by an Other and travelling his way back to the wall? You think Jon could just sneak into Castle Black easy peasy without Thorne noticing? C'mon man. Put your apologist away.

Also, Janos Slynt was not well liked the fuck you going on about?

Leave them out beyond the wall to die and become walkers.

Or let them through, wait til everyone leaves, then betray him.

Makes sense if you think about it.

No, no it doesn't. Especially because they wouldn't become walkers.

Are the wildlings actually sworn enemies of the night's watch or were they just kind of adopted because they didn't have Others to fight anymore?

The Others eventually dissolved into myth (as did most magical aspects of the world ie dragons), so the focus shifted to preventing wildings from sneaking into the North where they are often wont to cause havok.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys are REALLY overthinking on why the event happened...

Just because you're not thinking doesn't mean we're overthinking. Just use your head maybe. This isn't a Nickelodeon cartoon.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Just because you're not thinking doesn't mean we're overthinking. Just use your head maybe. This isn't a Nickelodeon cartoon.

First off I provided logic of MY opinion. Don't like it? Then fuck off and don't come into this thread asking for questions of what happens and go on a immature tirade because someone disagrees with your theory. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

It's neither opinion nor theory you twit. It's critique and analysis of the writing. Just because you give stupid analysis/vapid logic of the situation doesn't make it justified in any way, whether or not you hide behind "b..but my opinion"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Jon Snow getting shanked was more justified in the books.

Because grrm, despite all his faults, can actually write a cohesive plot, even if he has to go to hell and back to do so (lookin' atchu Meereenese Knot)

• Upvote (+1) 3

First off I provided logic of MY opinion. Don't like it? Then fuck off and don't come into this thread asking for questions of what happens and go on a immature tirade because someone disagrees with your theory. 

Holy shit you're dumb

Srsly though are the night's watch oath-bound to war against the wildlings?

Trying to understand if the men north of the wall were condemned from the beginning

Edit: sorry for asking this twice, didn't see Ender answered my question the first time

So it's all vague and shit? Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Thought they were simply sworn to protect against the Others

So it's all vague and shit? Alright, thanks for clearing that up. Thought they were simply sworn to protect against the Others

It is now since the White Walkers have been gone for so long. People think they're myths, thus they believe that the Wall was built to protect them from the Wildlings. John and Sam know better. Jon was also going to abandon his post and rescue what he believes is Arya at Winterfell. "For the watch" had more buildup in the books and it made sense.

As for Thorn letting Jon through, that's D&D fan fiction and it's not worth trying to put sense to it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah in the books Jon continuously sided with the Wildlings over disputes at Castle Black.  I realize they couldn't spend a bunch of time building up the reason for his betrayal so they copped out and made it about Olly.

So I've reached an impasse and need advice. I haven't watched the series since about season 2 minus clips of newer seasons on YouTube(lack of time being my primary reason) I like both the show and the books but here is my dilemma. As the show continues on and if it passes ADWD even more I'm tempted to not even watch the show. I realize the writers have been given a loose interpretation of the ending by Martin and they will be taking creative liberties with the show. That being said I don't want the show to spoil TWOW for me, especially if there are large differences. Idk if that makes sense but id like to hear some opinions on the matter.

So I've reached an impasse and need advice. I haven't watched the series since about season 2 minus clips of newer seasons on YouTube(lack of time being my primary reason) I like both the show and the books but here is my dilemma. As the show continues on and if it passes ADWD even more I'm tempted to not even watch the show. I realize the writers have been given a loose interpretation of the ending by Martin and they will be taking creative liberties with the show. That being said I don't want the show to spoil TWOW for me, especially if there are large differences. Idk if that makes sense but id like to hear some opinions on the matter.

The show will reveal the main plot points at the end of A Dream of Spring, and tbh, it's unlikely that you won't get spoiled by the show ending before ADOS comes out. So it's either get spoiled by hearing it from someone or watch the show. It's a sucky situation for book readers.

lawd have mercy. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Sophie-Turner-Toronto-Tight_5.jpg

Sophie-Turner-Toronto-Tight_3.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

SOPHIE TURNER JUST WALKED BY MY FRIEND AND HE DID NOTHING.

GAHDAMN IT

I've been in that situation. If you're not prepared for it, you freeze up.