belucheez

Game of Thrones Discussion

The finale was like all the sloppy writing coming to a head. So much stupid bullshit. At least the brief Theon was totally awesome. Myranda was still a bit cartoonish, but it was nice that Theon acted on his own.

• Upvote (+1) 3

What is everyones take on the theories regarding the role the many faced god and that cult plays in the series?

I think they will be responsible for Jon's second and permanent death(assuming he will be revived by Mel after his first death). By getting revived he'll be pretty much cheating death and the many faced god probably won't like that. So, the servants of him we'll be sent out to kill Jon and one of those servants may be Arya and she'll have to kill him to truly prove she is no one. Though that's just my take on them and I'll most likely be wrong. 

I think they will be responsible for Jon's second and permanent death(assuming he will be revived by Mel after his first death). By getting revived he'll be pretty much cheating death and the many faced god probably won't like that. So, the servants of him we'll be sent out to kill Jon and one of those servants may be Arya and she'll have to kill him to truly prove she is no one. Though that's just my take on them and I'll most likely be wrong. 

Wouldn't that be interesting - is that what the many face god does though?

Use spoiler tags idiots

Wouldn't that be interesting - is that what the many face god does though?

We need to spoiler speculation?  The show has passed the books.  

• Upvote (+1) 8

Should be like the NeoGAF threads where you don't have to spoiler tag stuff that's already aired.

I think the first few days after an episode should be spoiler, but again why the hell would you read the thread before watching.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think the first few days after an episode should be spoiler, but again why the hell would you read the thread before watching.

that's pretty much how i feel. i mean the OP says to spoiler tag just about anything. a message chain is just more accessible when half the messages don't need to be uncovered in some way. 

We need to spoiler speculation?  The show has passed the books.  

this

and this

Exactly, I can't comprehend how someone who hasn't watch the latest episode can decide to go in a Game of Thrones thread and be surprised that he was spoiled. It's like watching ESPN before he watched his recorded game, and then he complains to ESPN for spoiling it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There are still a few facets of the story that can be spoiled, depending on whether or not D&D decide to incorporate these aspects in some way or another. Like the Greyjoy storyline, for example.

There are still a few facets of the story that can be spoiled, depending on whether or not D&D decide to incorporate these aspects in some way or another. Like the Greyjoy storyline, for example.

Mads Mikkelsen as Euron. Make it happen D&D

Decided to look into the background of the Night's King and found this

556bc21c378caf0d670e4d8c_come-at-me-crow

According to legend, the Night’s King lived during the Age of Heroes, not long after the Wall was complete. He was a fearless warrior, who was named the thirteenth Lord Commander of the Night’s Watch. Later he fell in love with a woman “with skin as white as the moon and eyes like blue stars,” he chased her and loved her though “her skin was cold as ice,” and when he gave his seed to her he gave his soul as well.

So, he's a former Lord Commander and now that Snow is dead, there is a potential for Snow to become a white walker, maybe even a powerful white walker, although it's probably unlikely.

He brought her back to the Nightfort and after the unholy union, he declared himself king and her his queen, and ruled the Nightfort as his own castle for thirteen years. During the dark years of his reign, horrific atrocities were committed, of which tales are still told in the North. It was not until his own brother, the King in the North, and Joramun, the King-Beyond-the-Wall, joined forces that the Night’s King was brought down and the Night’s Watch freed. After his fall, when it was discovered that he had been sacrificing to the Others (possibly in similar way to Craster), all records of him were destroyed and his very name was forbidden. It is likely this led the lords of the North to forbid the Night’s Watch to construct walls at their keeps, ensuring the keeps would always be accessible from the south.

I got this from a wiki if anyone was wondering.

Spoiler the history of a character?

Seeing as how it hasn't been said on the show then yes.

Seeing as how it hasn't been said on the show then yes.

I don't find any of it crucial information that would spoil anything, it's the origins of the character and how he came to be, which I believe isn't in the book; I may be wrong about that though.

I don't find any of it crucial information that would spoil anything, it's the origins of the character and how he came to be, which I believe isn't in the book; I may be wrong about that though.

Where else would that information come from? Of course it's from the books.

So, he's a former Lord Commander and now that Snow is dead, there is a potential for Snow to become a white walker, maybe even a powerful white walker, although it's probably unlikely.

Do you read the books? The foreshadowing makes it obvious of what's going to happen with Jon, and him joining the White Walkers is not it.

Jon is actually a Child of the Forest, I really don't see how you missed that? How embarrassing.