belucheez

Game of Thrones Discussion

My one problem with this show is that the pacing is awful and more things happen in one episode than in 7 previous fillers.

And how predictable Dany getting saved at the last second by her dragon was. I haven't even read the books(yet), but when they were getting surrounded in a wide, open space in that was exposed to the sky, it was so obvious what was going to happen.

Brienne did a great job protecting Sansa.

She literally sat there for four weeks waiting for a candle. Like wtf was she doing the whole time

Battle of Winterfell was pretty underwhelming

Blew all the budget for Hardhome.

@@publicbussystem Drogon arriving at the fighting pits happens in the books, but the circumstances are completely different.

Blew all the budget for Hardhome.

@@publicbussystem Drogon arriving at the fighting pits happens in the books, but the circumstances are completely different.

I downloaded all of the books onto my phone. I have a lot of reading to do before next season. Might need to join EG so I can get that Monster Energy® sponsorship.

I downloaded all of the books onto my phone. I have a lot of reading to do before next season.

They're page-turners. GRRM is all about the details and the world-building, even to a fault. Some of the character PoVs will bore you, but some become enjoyable on second reads. Dany's Meereen arc is not one of them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

My one problem with this show is that the pacing is awful and more things happen in one episode than in 7 previous fillers.

This was or is bad in House of Cards as well.

Some episodes are far too dull and boring where others are too busy and hectic.

So, the only characters I enjoyed watching PoV's of is dead now(Tyrion is a favorite, but now that he's in the Dany subplot in the series, I won't look forward to that), feel like the story will just go steeply downhill now(resurrection in a series has always beyond bored me, ). Always disliked the Dany subplot since Drogo died.

Also, the pacing is beyond bad, always felt like this series is overrated, if only Berserk would start being released regularly again.

I've never physically said "what the fuck" and "NO" more times than I have when watching Game of Thrones.

Well damn...

So I expected Jon to die, but I didn't expect it to be quite like that. I knew Olly was going to do something dumb, but damn. I'm going to assume this isn't the last of Jon we see since his character still has plenty to do imo, and also the red woman showing up...

I was going to write a lot more, but I just got called in to work- fuck.

Don't think that'll be the last we see of Stannis. Don't know why else they would cut away like they did otherwise. Not to mention that I think his endgame will be to team up with the White Walkers and be Dany's main opposition.

And that'll for sure not be the last we see of Jon. His plot armor is too strong and with Mel arriving to the wall it just makes too much sense that he'll be revived.  

Why else is no one getting hype about Robert Strong? Now we just need someone to spot a certain gravedigger and my hype levels will be off the charts. 

With Varys in Meereen that means that he can't do a certain something in Kings Landing. I wonder if they may just give that part to Littlefinger or just not do it at all.

I dont think John Snow is dead/Will stay dead. I think Melisandre coming into Castle black is a key indication of whats going on. She'll wave her magic wand and all will be well.

I just want Daenerys to cross the River and for shit to go down.

Not enjoying this Cersi storyline a whole pile pretty boring.

Stannis probably isnt dead. The fact never actually showed Brien kill him is why I think that, shes a good heart, I bet she couldnt do it in the end. (Probably stuck it into the tree behind him and gave him a fright)

I also agree the pacing is abit odd. The first few episodes passed without anything happening but even in the Hardhome when all hell broke loose is was really towards the end the first half hour wasnt amazing

@@Tubmas

CLEGANEBOWL HYPE

There are rumors of Sandor Clegane coming back next season as the Gravedigger.

• Upvote (+1) 2

well he's dead then. That was a really lame way for him to go. Poorly photographed scene. His whole season arc just seemed like a mad dash to get rid of him

Don't think that'll be the last we see of Stannis. Don't know why else they would cut away like they did otherwise. Not to mention that I think his endgame will be to team up with the White Walkers and be Dany's main opposition.

And that'll for sure not be the last we see of Jon. His plot armor is too strong and with Mel arriving to the wall it just makes too much sense that he'll be revived.  

Why else is no one getting hype about Robert Strong? Now we just need someone to spot a certain gravedigger and my hype levels will be off the charts. 

With Varys in Meereen that means that he can't do a certain something in Kings Landing. I wonder if they may just give that part to Littlefinger or just not do it at all.

Because plain resurrection is just so fucking boring. Sure, the Mountain is more of a zombie now as Robert Strong, but still, resurrection is a so fucking bad plot device, I despise it. I'm ok with it if a really minor character is able to be revived(such as Beric Dondarrion), but major characters? Booooooring.

The skeleton army >

The Mountain being a Lannister zombie dog equals to no hype at all either.

Wat

• Upvote (+1) 1

What is everyones take on the theories regarding the role the many faced god and that cult plays in the series?

What is everyones take on the theories regarding the role the many faced god and that cult plays in the series?

I'm still confused on who or what they are and what they're doing.

I'm still confused on who or what they are and what they're doing.

Another question that book readers are stumped on: Why was Jaqen H'ghar in the Black Cells (prison) in King's Landing?