belucheez

Game of Thrones Discussion

So, I'm confused. Is the show caught up to the books yet? I know Jon's arc is caught up (keeping my fingers crossed that something happens and he comes back to life). 

So, I'm confused. Is the show caught up to the books yet? I know Jon's arc is caught up (keeping my fingers crossed that something happens and he comes back to life). 

The show has hit all the major beats in the books, and has surpassed some characters' arcs in the book. The last Dany and Jon chapter is what we just saw tonight.

The show has hit all the major beats in the books, and has surpassed some. The last Dany and Jon chapter is what we just saw tonight.

Great.  Now I have to wait to see what happens. 

When WoW comes out, I might just get it to see if Jon comes back

Great.  Now I have to wait to see what happens. 

When WoW comes out, I might just get it to see if Jon comes back

There are a lot of book theories if you're curious :)

I know in the books GRRM made it sound like him being alive was a possibility. 

Hopefully Mellisandre can send up a prayer and Jon can go all Azor Ahai and shit on everyone... I can dream can't I?

I gotta admit that the Benjen tease was great.

PROS

• Cersei's Walk of Shame
  • The Benjen troll / "for the watch"
  • Arya removing all the faces, and essentially her eyes. Love the tease with Arya stabbing Meryn Trant's eyes first.
  • Theon doing the right thing
  • The Dothraki are coming! The Dothraki are coming!
  • Sam going to Oldtown, RANDYLL TARYL CONFIRMED

CONS

• How Stannis went out, ugh the mannis no more. OH WELL WE GOT THE BOOKS
  • How Myrcella died (?) ; so wack. 
  • No Doran Martell FIRE AND BLOOD, grass and viper monologue
  • RIP Myranda

• Upvote (+1) 1

At least they didn't pussy out of the ending. 

book theory spoilers

Couple of interesting things. I'm pretty sure Myrcella is dead since all of Cersei's kids were predicted to die anyway. The changes to the story had Melisandre basically serve the role of the pink letter / got her back to the wall right when Jon dies. Definitely bodes well for every book reader's assumption for what is to follow. The one I'm sort of unsure of is Stannis. He has lost everything...but I'm not 100% sure he is dead just yet. It is obviously questionable in the books for what went down and they still cut away when she swung. I'm going to hold out hope this isn't the last we see of him. I'm going to take a wild guess and say in the books Asha probably ends up in a position to kill him after the battle but they used Brienne instead. Also Theon / Sansa still need someone to meet up with.

this show is bad.

YOU HAVE BAD OPINIONS! SORRY THAT UR BOI STANNIS TURNED OUT TO BE A HORRIBLE LEADER THAT SUCKED AT DOING THINGS LIKE WINNING FIGHTS LOL.

YOU HAVE BAD OPINIONS! SORRY THAT UR BOI STANNIS TURNED OUT TO BE A HORRIBLE LEADER THAT SUCKED AT DOING THINGS LIKE WINNING FIGHTS LOL.

In the books, he's about to outclass the Bolton and Frey armies while being outmanned by using the cold terrain to his advantage. Best and most experienced battle commander in Westeros. Survived the seige at Storm's End against the Tyrells for a year during Robert's Rebellion and commanded and destroyed most of the Iron Fleet during Greyjoy's Rebellion.

In the show, not so much.

In the books, he's about to outclass the Bolton and Frey's army while being outmanned by using the terrain to his advantage.

In the show, not so much.

Wait so is he not rip'd in da books?

Wait so is he not rip'd in da books?

Far from it, edited my original response.

In the books, he has Theon and Asha (Yara on the show) as prisoners and Melisandre, Shireen and Selyse are chilling at the wall too.

The last book ends with the Battle of Winterfell looming in the distance.

Battle of Winterfell was pretty underwhelming

GOOD THING THEY SPENT ALL SEASON HYPING IT UP WHEN IT WAS JUST A 15 SECOND HELICOPTER SHOT OF A CROWD OF CGI AND THEN INSTA CUT TO THE END WHOOOOOOOO!

I mean, the Mannis is probs dead on the show. That could've been shot a lot better. Camera behind the three, dummy in Stannis' place, Brienne looking like a bad mother fucker cutting his head off, wrenching her sword free as dummy Stannis head flops to the ground. Hold for a second or two, cut. I think we had enough dramatic cliffhangers in this episode. Should've given Brienne better closure with that scene. The show doesn't really shy away from showing that stuff, anyhow.

tl;dr if he's really a goner, not much is gained by leaving it slightly open to interpretation

My one problem with this show is that the pacing is awful and more things happen in one episode than in 7 previous fillers.

• Upvote (+1) 1