belucheez

Game of Thrones Discussion

I thought Stannis was a bro :/

he is

and melisandre is top tier wifey. loyal ride or die chick

In the books Val urges that they kill Shireen due to the greyscale. I kind of had a bad feeling that she was going to get killed anyway, but this would be another way to get to the same end point. On the other hand, this was probably not the way to do it. I honestly thought Selyse would be the one to secretly hand Shireen to Melisandre behind Stannis' back. It would've made more sense with the way she's been portrayed on the show. And everyone could still root for Stan the man. Now everyone is out on him.

I fully expect Shireen to die, sadly.

The idea of Stannis ever agreeing to do it, though, is fucking abhorent.

Fucking Selyse, though, I fully expect to hand her over to Mel to "revive Azor Ahai".

Yea I agree about the CGI, but at the same time, it is a TV show. Consistently good CGI is hard to have when you have to string your budget across 10 hrs of screen time. Not to mention that a good chunk of the last 20 mins of ep 8 was CGI.

I'd rather have 20 minutes of badass looking wights attacking with some weird dragon riding than the opposite.

Overall, I'd rate this episode at about an 8.5 (last week was a 9.75). Still the second best episode of the season hands down.

But the CGI for Drogon when it flew in and was BBQing Harpies was some top tier shit. Then when Dany was on its back - it was sand snake fighting choreography level bad. Still think its sort of nitpicking given how good the CGI normally is.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They could've gone without the close-up shot of Dany riding the dragon before the fade into credits

They could've gone without the close-up shot of Dany riding the dragon before the fade into credits

DING DING DING.

Pointless shot that completely ruined the moment for me. Just show her flying off from someone elses perspective. 

One other thought, It's fucking embarrassing how bad the unsullied suck on this show. 

DING DING DING.

Pointless shot that completely ruined the moment for me. Just show her flying off from someone elses perspective. 

Yeah, they should've just ended it with the Drogon-ass shot from Tyrion and folks' perspective.

Also,

Just watched the "Inside the Episode" clip and apparently Shireen's death came from Martin. How funny would it be if he was deliberately tanking the show and then did something completely different in the books.

Just watched the "Inside the Episode" clip and apparently Shireen's death came from Martin. How funny would it be if he was deliberately tanking the show and then did something completely different in the books.

Best case scenario at this point.

Isn't Shireen's death being teased in the books (probably TWOW) but not from Stannis' orders?

Isn't Shireen's death being teased in the books (probably TWOW) but not from Stannis' orders?

There are indications that Shireen will become crispy in the books as well, but that will be due to Melisandre and Selyse, most likely inspired by the Pink Letter, who will burn her to revive Stannis, who Melisandre believes to be AA.

There are indications that Shireen will become crispy in the books as well, but that will be due to Melisandre and Selyse, most likely inspired by the Pink Letter, who will burn her to revive Stannis, who Melisandre believes to be AA.

Yup, you're right. The Wall is going to be so much "fun" in The Winds of Winter with Jon being "dead", Melisandre finally realizing that Stannis isn't AA, the wildlings and Night's Watch duking it out as Jon dies... Pray to all the gods for a 2016 release.

First 7 episodes were...... Meh

8 and 9 were  :flames:

The ending gave me goosebumps up until the sub-par CGI came into play.

Please let the finale be amazing. PLEASE! 

Dorne has been a complete waste this year. That whole storyline easily could have been cut and I wouldn't mind one bit.

The CGI was interesting...

That close up of Drogon was some of the best i've seen on a TV show period.

Then the Neverending Story shot really killed the whole thing, lol.

Stannis is the most beta character in the show at this point. A loser who'll obey any orders from a woman.

Raged hard during that scene, not gonna lie. Don't even know if I want to continue.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Stannis killing Shireen makes no sense. Just a couple of episodes ago he was totally against it, then a couple tents get lit on fire and he makes a complete 180. Now he has no heir and could possibly lose his right hand man, Davos. Once Davos finds out I wonder if he'll abandon Stannis and somehow(maybe Sansa persuades him?) gets on track with his book story line to find and king Rickon.

Daznak's Pit was well done though. However, the unsullied are completely laughable, basically the stormtroopers of the GoT universe now. But other than that I thought the scene was rather well done.

the unsullied are completely laughable, basically the stormtroopers of the GoT universe now.

What's with that this season? The Unsullied are the best warriors alive, they should be ripping these amateurs apart and they're all getting slaughtered. Greyworm's love story is enough fan fiction for the Unsullied, we don't need them to start sucking in combat as well. Besides Greyworm, their attitude and skill were handled so well in seasons 3 and 4 and now they're getting killed by wannabes in mask. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Stannis is the most beta character in the show at this point. A loser who'll obey any orders from a woman.

Raged hard during that scene, not gonna lie. Don't even know if I want to continue.

ur fuckin beta