belucheez

Game of Thrones Discussion

The Hound beat by a woman. Disgusting.

I was hoping he would kill her after the whole "im not a knight" thing.

Good episode, I really enjoyed it 

My friend told me about LSH, don't know why they didn't show that at the end. Would have been awesome. Waiting for next season, or waiting to see what her plotline is in the next book?

Yeah really don't get why they didn't do that to close out the season. Would have been a great cliff hanger

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

2mevbpl.jpg

The entire Hound/Brienne/Arya scene was one of the top 5 scenes IMO. So many feels. The Hound is one of the GOAT characters, no nonsense, straight talker, doesn't give a shit. Even though Arya left him to bleed out there was a great chemistry between those two characters and I'm sad to see the end of their adventure. Laughed out loud when the hound kicked Brienne in the vag. Also grabbing her sword with his bare hands was fcking alpha, what a boss. Farewell The fcking hound.

Not sure why but i pictured it ending with both of  them killing each other and leaving the young one alone to make friends and travel the world

Not really sure why you find this disgusting. Brienne is one of the top fighters in Westeros.

I actually really really loved that scene and I've read all the books. To be honest, most of the changes they've made, I've been able to tolerate. But Arya and Brienne's story slow down considerably, so this was definitely a cool scene IMO. 

As for Lady StoneHeart, I was disappointed they didn't finish with that either. However, I think it's probably because she really hasn't had any moments in the books yet, either. IIRC, she's made two appearances, one in the ASOS Epilogue, and then Brienne's last chapter. I don't think they wanted to end with a cliff hanger like that, and then not bring her up again for who knows how long, 8, 9, 10+ episodes? That's my take at least. I know it's similar to what the book readers had to deal with saying "well we had to deal with the WTF cliffhanger" just feel like on TV it's a bit different.

i figured the hound would die from infection for refusing to get his neck wound treated

Brienne is the best. She bested Jamie, killed the Hound and embarrassed the Prince of Flowers, who's next? Mountain? Barristan? Bring on all challengers, she's ready.

gwendolinechristie-elle.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not really sure why you find this disgusting. Brienne is one of the top fighters in Westeros.

I actually really really loved that scene and I've read all the books. To be honest, most of the changes they've made, I've been able to tolerate. But Arya and Brienne's story slow down considerably, so this was definitely a cool scene IMO. 

As for Lady StoneHeart, I was disappointed they didn't finish with that either. However, I think it's probably because she really hasn't had any moments in the books yet, either. IIRC, she's made two appearances, one in the ASOS Epilogue, and then Brienne's last chapter. I don't think they wanted to end with a cliff hanger like that, and then not bring her up again for who knows how long, 8, 9, 10+ episodes? That's my take at least. I know it's similar to what the book readers had to deal with saying "well we had to deal with the WTF cliffhanger" just feel like on TV it's a bit different.

I think he said that because it just doesn't make a lot of sense physiologically. I just had a hard time believing The Hound could be consistently overpowered by a woman, even Brienne of Tarth. 

It was a great fight scene either way. 

That's what I was thinking, too. But what about The Night's King (?) reveal? I wonder how long it'll be before that creature comes up again. I honestly think it would've been wise to put LSH in this episode for the ten-month-long WTF DUDE period. But if both of her appearances come up in S5, I can see why they'd wait. It could be a pretty effective cliffhanger for an early season episode and it would pace out her appearances a little better.

edit: holy shit what eye shadow/liner can do for a woman...

Don't forget the hound was wounded as well.

Brienne is an annoying bitch. "Oath Keeper", "I have given a vow to keep you safe Arya". Fck off love. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't forget the hound was wounded as well.

Brienne is an annoying bitch. "Oath Keeper", "I have given a vow to keep you safe Arya". Fck off love. 

and starved, that's right. good point.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also an observation I forgot, was Brienne biting the Hound's ear off D&D's way of giving a nod to the book readers? Of all of the details they wanted to incorporate...I'm still pretty sour.

I think the biggest thing this episode missed was the Jamie and Tyrion conversation that helped explain the motivation for what he did. Seemed like such an important thing for both characters.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think the biggest thing this episode missed was the Jamie and Tyrion conversation that helped explain the motivation for what he did. Seemed like such an important thing for both characters.

Ah yes. The story of Tysha. Completely forgot about that. The show is corrupting my sense of what actually happened.