belucheez

Game of Thrones Discussion

Not sure if I am that stoked on the weird awkward Asha at the Dreadfort shit. The final Ramsay/Theon scene was good, but the stuff before that was wtf

What a great ending scene, Jamie's facial expression after Tyrion's demand was priceless.

Did Shae testify because she's a spiteful cunt or Cersei gave her a bag of gold?

Tywin got her to do it. Tywin is boning her now.

amo edit: Needed the spoiler here because it is something we know from the books and haven't hit this point in the show yet. 

Tywin got her to do it. Tywin is boning her now.

amo edit: Threw that in a spoiler because it might be revealed or hinted to everyone later.

You think?

You think?

Some of the stuff we've had to kinda put together in the books has been hinted at or basically revealed in the show. I wouldn't put it past them. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some of the stuff we've had to kinda put together in the books has been hinted at or basically revealed in the show. I wouldn't put it past them. 

Not talking about hints, talking about the reveal itself. Of course they're going to reveal what was in his spoiler. The wording, "Threw that in a spoiler because it might be revealed" is just weird.

Spoiler time from last night's episode, but posting because I loved the scene. 

Not talking about hints, talking about the reveal itself. Of course they're going to reveal what was in his spoiler. The wording, "Threw that in a spoiler because it might be revealed" is just weird.

I'll change it so people that haven't read the books hopefully avoid it. Sorry I didn't understand what you were getting at. 

I'll change it so people that haven't read the books hopefully avoid it. Sorry I didn't understand what you were getting at. 

eh I was just being an ass. No hard feelings.

I see the sarcasm now in "you think?" but it easily can be taken as a legitimate question in that context, so I thought it was safer to explain than assume. 

The books are the worst, who wants to jack off to Jrr Tolkiens hand drawn boobs

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm hoping this marks the turning point when Tyrion finally becomes an ultra bitter spiteful creature. It's taken them long enough. I am so tired of good guy Tyrion.

the show doesn't ruin the books for me, so I'm over it.

or does it?

AIQjxuZ.png

How does Fierce feel about this reveal?  

How does Fierce feel about this reveal?  

He'll tell us how much that scene and the show sucks when TWOW releases by comparing the scene to the book.

I don't need the book to tell you that scene and this show sucks.

With that said, trial was really well done this week. First time since season 1 there was a good chunk of an episode that was actually watchable.

Now if only the Dreadfort, Mereen, and Braavos stuff weren't all shit...and some of the King's Landing stuff (besides the trial)

I don't need the book to tell you that scene and this show sucks.

With that said, trial was really well done this week. First time since season 1 there was a good chunk of an episode that was actually watchable.

Now if only the Dreadfort, Mereen, and Braavos stuff weren't all shit...and some of the King's Landing stuff (besides the trial)

No but seriously, that's the first time we've seen something in the show that might be in future books, what did you think about that?

I'm not sure how I feel, but I knew the show would at some point surpass material that is already released, I had just hoped Martin would stop fucking around finish TWOW before it got to that point.  I'd also like to point out I actually agree with Fierce for the most part.

I wholeheartedly want that to not have been a spoiler. Just another demonstration of creative license by D&D. That's also not necessarily "surpassing" the material...as far as the timeline goes, anyway. I'm not sure that's something that will ever appear in the books...unless there's an Other PoV, or something that Bran somehow witnesses with his power.

All that aside, if it does end up being a spoiler, just another reason to hate D&D and this show. It was not something that needed to happen in the show when they're still drawing on half of Storm for their material (well...that time period. God knows they're barely considering the actual material).

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yea I agree, time period wise it's not surpassing.  But if the original HBO synopsis was not an intern error, it's a pretty big reveal that the Others have a social hierarchy, and a Nights King (whether that is the legend himself, or another) even.  Sort of already inferred what the Others did with the babies anyways.  Especially if you take into consideration the advanced readers synopsis calling the Others "Neverborn."  I doubt it would be revealed like that in the books for the exact reasons you said, but it could be a significant change to the way we view the Others, considering that Martin said they were misunderstood.  r/asoiaf has some crazy tin foil theories about it though lol. And yea, it was really just filler/suspense building, but it still could be crucial to the story.  

Why did petyr marry Lysa?

Petyr is power hungry. Lysa is the lord of the Vale and by Westeros laws, all titles go to her husband.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Petyr is power hungry. Lysa is the lord of the Vale and by Westeros laws, all titles go to her husband.

I figured as much.

I never quite understood what she was the lord of, and i'm assuming he now takes over these titles?