belucheez

Game of Thrones Discussion

Dat Jon Snow plotline next season. zomfg. plot advancement in the season finale is real.

Weren't the bolded already implied?

Yeah, but I feel like those portions would have been better suited as a cliffhanger, rather than just thrown into the middle. 

Danaerys being nice and having people love her is nothing new or anything worth building hype over

#TeamBaelish

GRRM is a genious.  Reading through book 1 at the moment, and I've watched every episode so far.  I plan on being caught up on all the books by the time Season 4 starts, if I can.

• Upvote (+1) 1

#TeamBaelish

GRRM is a genious.  Reading through book 1 at the moment, and I've watched every episode so far.  I plan on being caught up on all the books by the time Season 4 starts, if I can.

In the same boat as you. I started reading GoT a few weeks ago.

#TeamBaelish

tumblr_mlp5tlTmdI1s5r0xzo1_500_zpsecb583

#TeamDaenerys alwayssssss.

A strong, triumphant female character brings out the feminist in me. Part of me wants to start reading the books, but I like this feeling of surprise I get that I didn't get to experience in Harry Potter movies.

• Upvote (+1) 2

#TeamDaenerys alwayssssss.

A strong, triumphant female character brings out the feminist in me. Part of me wants to start reading the books, but I like this feeling of surprise I get that I didn't get to experience in Harry Potter movies.

Yeah, that part of me only wants to catch up to where the books are up to in the show.  That way I get to see it unfold, then go back and learn the lore and history behind everything.  That's what I'm enjoying most about reading through the first book after watching the series.

Just finished the first book yesterday. I am started the second one today. I have seen seasons 1 and 2 for the show. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just finished the first book yesterday. I am started the second one today. I have seen seasons 1 and 2 for the show. 

Sweet. Hope you enjoy it. :)

I already miss the show. :( 

Just to get a discussion going, which has been everyone's favorite season? You can explain why if you wish, but I suggest putting the explanation in spoilers tags in case nobody has seen it yet. 

I already miss the show. :(

Just to get a discussion going, which has been everyone's favorite season? You can explain why if you wish, but I suggest putting the explanation in spoilers tags in case nobody has seen it yet. 

Season 3 simply because of Emilia Clark. She's plays the role perfectly and she had more scenes to show that off.

And for everyone out there debating to start reading ASOIAF after watching Season 3, do it! I started reading AGOT a week after Season 3 ended and it's like a new experience  There's so much more detail in the books that makes everything seem larger than how the show portrays. Going to start ACOK tonight.

The last two books aren't even out yet, and it's obvious how it's all going to play out.

A song of Ice and Fire....

Ice - Jon Snow

Fire - Dany

King and Queen

The end.

edit: IMO

There's so many ice and fire factors in the books and show that exemplify ice and fire though. While those two are the probably the biggest ones, you can't disregard things like the White Walkers, Melisandre, etc.

Having the series end with Jon Snow and Dany getting married and owning would just be way too cliche in my opinion and way too predictable. And we all have seen GRRM and predictability. There is none.

To be honest, I think he dies before he finishes the last book. And it's going to piss me off more than anything if it happens. I'm in no way wishing death upon anyone lol, it just seems like it would happen with how much publicity the series has gotten recently.

I'm currently 530 pages or so into the 5th book. I'm enjoying it but not as much as I thought I would. It's already taken me two months to get to this point where I finished books 3 and 4 in a months time. But, all his books tend to start out kind of slow and then all of the sudden, shit goes down, so I'm just waiting for that to happen.

I'm sure you will find out in 2016 when he plans on releasing the last book.

snip

snip

Alright guys, can you please mark anything about the books as spoilers? Even predictions about the last books. You may not know it, but you're revealing who is still alive after book 5 and whatnot.

From the OP,

Spoiler tag ANYTHING and EVERYTHING when it comes to the books. 

Nothing huge was revealed but even finding out small details can be annoying. Lets keep this thread spoiler safe for all fans.

• Upvote (+1) 1

sorry buddy, edited my post for you guys, I didn't realize my speculation would be so revealing.

episode 9 of season 4 can't come soon enough!

Theoretical Spoiler 

Jon Snow's mother theory: 

This is just a theory by no means is it true, but it may come true.

Ned reaches the tower where Lyanna Stark is dying in a bed of blood, WHICH MEANS CHILDBIRTH. 

Her last words to Ned were "promise me, Ned...." nobody knows what. So after the whole war of trident Ned Stark comes home with a bastard son. Very unlikely for a man of honor like Ned Stark. SO THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT JON SNOW IS THE SON OF LYANNA, since Ned Stark would not impregnate a woman due to his honor and shit. So may be Lyanna asked him to promise to keep the identity of her son safe. AND THAT COULD BE JON SNOW.

P.s.: there is no mention of her having a son, just a mention of her dying in a bed of blood which means giving birth.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1