belucheez

Game of Thrones Discussion

RULES: Read before posting, please. 

1. Spoiler tag ANYTHING and EVERYTHING when it comes to the books. 

2. GoT spoilers are also to be put into spoiler tags. Pretty much any comment that goes into length about a scene, or a comment talking about a person who has died. Just use common sense. 

3. Signify above the spoiler whether or not it is a BOOK spoiler or a GoT spoiler.

4. If it is a book spoiler, signify which book. You can use "Book (1-5)" with the number being whichever book, or use the appreaviation of the book title. (AGoT [ A Game of Thrones], ACoK [A Clash of Kings], ASoS [A Storm of Swords], AFfC[A Feast for Crows], ADWD [A Dance With Dragons])

5. For GoT spoilers, signify which SEASON it is from. S (1-3) for example.

6. Have fun, and don't ruin the experience for other people. 

George, it's not foreshadowing anymore if we all already know that everything ends in terrible tragedy.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just started reading the books I'm about halfway through the first one. I'm not going to watch the show till I'm finished.

That episode wasn't right.

WHO STABS A PREGNANT WOMEN IN THE BELLY?

Who does that?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm halfway through book 4. It's incredible, although this is the weakest book thus far. Overall the books are as good, if not better than the show.

I'm halfway through book 4. It's incredible, although this is the weakest book thus far. Overall the books are as good, if not better than the show.

Yeah the gf has been bugging me to read them forever now. She just got a new Kindle and I may take her old one and start reading them. I also hear reading is good for your brain or something, but I already have video games, so...

SHOW SPOILER:

The belly stabbing added a new layer of horrible to that scene. I felt it would have been strong even without it, but with it... wow what a powerful scene. I don't see how anybody who likes the Starks from the show can even think of liking the southerners now.

BOOK SPOILER:

Interesting note, though. In the books, there is no "wife of Robb" there at the wedding. Robb is smart enough to realize not to bring his wife along for the ride, and didn't want to risk anything to happen to her. I don't think his wife is pregnant in the books either, though I may been wrong.

Yeah the gf has been bugging me to read them forever now. She just got a new Kindle and I may take her old one and start reading them. I also hear reading is good for your brain or something, but I already have video games, so...

Nah, book 3 was split into two seasons because of how much there was to it. Was a great book, and I'm happy they didn't try ramming it all into one season. 

Best all around episode in season 3 and maybe the entire series

GoT season 3 spoiler

Good ol' George

george-r-r-martin-meme-generator-have-a-

• Upvote (+1) 1

As good as that episode was, I'm still mad about what was changed from the books. Kills one of the many theories from asoiaf

Can we establish something in the OP about book spoilers? Like there has to be the text "ASOIAF/book spoiler" before the spoiler so no one doesn't mistake it for a show one?

ASOIAF spoilers are serious business. We have to treat it delicately.

Good idea Eagle. I changed the rules in the thread OP. If anyone wants me to add, change, or remove any rules I'll edit them if it is the general consensus to do so. 

unqsDpF_zps3d9ab436.gif

I was wtfing for the last 5 minutes straight 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you posted in the Asoiaf thread back in the mlg forums, the thread ran pretty well

For spoilers state the book/episode on the top of it so people who are on like book 2 don't get spoiled for book 3. It was also nice to have some

Mods who read the books so they can take care of spoilers without getting spoiled

I knew something was coming because there were spoilers floating around that needed to be avoided but it was still pretty horrific.

At least the episode brought us this golden line

tumblr_mnu9qkVkvP1qc3tano1_500.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 3