iWatty

Best Halo Players of All Time

Why is there no Love for Neighbour? The kid fucking destroys at this game.

I was wondering. 2gre is no doubt the GOAT, best Halo player. But would I be wrong to say Walshy is the most recognisable to casuals and people from outside of Halo bubble? 

It's either T2 or Walshy, hard to discern which.

Dr. Pepper vs. Red Bull, lawl

Why is there no Love for Neighbour? The kid fucking destroys at this game.

I was wondering. 2gre is no doubt the GOAT, best Halo player. But would I be wrong to say Walshy is the most recognisable to casuals and people from outside of Halo bubble? 

b/c I don't see the ogres as being very outgoing when it comes to this stuff. They always seem quite and to themselves. 

How the Hell can you put Ace that high on your list?? Especially infront of all those H2-H3 Pros?? I'm sure every kid below Ace could destroy him in Halo lol

Actually, I was 12 during halo 2, and I can guarantee you I'd beat most of these players if there was a universe where we could play at the same age or when we were at our bests.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Lunchbox criminally underrated everywhere

It's not that he's underrated but that he falls in the middle of pack. He's not quite on the level of the top tier guys but he's not underrated enough to make an underrated list.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I never liked lists like these. Online warriors are never ever mentioned, and I am not thinking about myself. There are people out there that constantly knocks out pros from online Tournaments and beats them in online matches. 

Online is a different experience from LAN.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Online is a different experience from LAN.  

Sure, but they are good players. You don't have to play offline to be rated. If someone keeps beating a pro consistently online they are really good.

Joe34 beats Pro33 3 out of 5 times in a 1vs1. 

Joe34 also went out to knock out Pro 21, and Pro 29, but lost to Pro22.

Greatest list of players ever. 

Pro33.

Pro22.

Pro29.

Pro21.

Joe34 will never ever be mentioned in one of these lists, not even at the absolute bottom. 

Why don't we call the lists "The greatest of MLG players actually attending a tournament"?

I am not saying there are lots of lots of players out there that categorize with the pros, but there are a few incredible players out there that never see the light of these lists.  

I can understand why they aren't mentioned, as most people won't know about them, but I feel it's unfair still ..

I also don't like a greatest of all list, as I simply don't believe you can crown someone the greatest of all time. It's a much better representation if you crown someone yearly. 

• Downvote (-1) 2

Online means nothing thats why noone includea online warriors cuz they're just that. If you wanna be the best you have to beat the best on LAN cuz thats what matters. We saw it this season where teams would beat pros online then get pooped on when it came LAN tourney time.l

• Upvote (+1) 1

Online means nothing thats why noone includea online warriors cuz they're just that. If you wanna be the best you have to beat the best on LAN cuz thats what matters. We saw it this season where teams would beat pros online then get pooped on when it came LAN tourney time.l

Did we really though? Which teams did well online but got shit on at the events? WFX hung in there with the best of them, took a series off CLG and never got to play EG on LAN.

1. 2GRE
2. Walshy (While not the flashiest player, he's a great strategist. He knows the game, and exploits his strengths even if it means getting slayed.)
3. Ola
4. Snip3down
5. Roy (let's face it, he's got the steadiest shot in history.)
6. Ace (Individually, he's an animal. We saw this during the H4GC. He hasn't had as much success in the 4v4 arena.)
7. StrongSide

8. Neighbor
9. Gandhi
10. Tsquared

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1. 2GRE

2. Walshy (While not the flashiest player, he's a great strategist. He knows the game, and exploits his strengths even if it means getting slayed.)

3. Ola

4. Snip3down

5. Roy (let's face it, he's got the steadiest shot in history.)

6. Ace (Individually, he's an animal. We saw this during the H4GC. He hasn't had as much success in the 4v4 arena.)

7. StrongSide

8. Neighbor

9. Gandhi

10. Tsquared

How can you have people like Ace, Neighbor and Gandhi over Ogre 1?

Lunchbox should be in there right beside Roy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

1. 2gre - this just cannot be questioned or argued 
  2. Walshy - reinvented the way teams thought about communication and strategies
  3. Ogre 1 just dismantled teams up until halo 3 when he lost the drive
  4. Pistola - he is the wizard
  5. Tsquared - really struggled placing him and roy I gave the number 5 to tsquared due to what he did for the halo scene and reinventing the image of the gamer plus his success from halo 1 till the end of halo 3. 
  6. Roy - enough said really he has been relevant and counted as a top 10 player since halo 3.
  7. Elamite warrior - halo 2 US champion, multiple events wins, national champion, the lion.
  8. Sinpedown - has been relevant and dominant in all halo games since halo 3 apart from halo reach and is usually on one of the top 2 teams,
  9. Shockwave - was relevant throughout all of halo 2 and up until he retired in halo 3, great br, national champion.
  10.  Neighbor - People may argue this but I believe he deserves to be in the top ten, he was dominant in halo 2, was considered the best player in the world in mlgs first season of halo 3 and has always placed well despite relatively low practice levels.

Notable mentions:

• Strongside
  • Victory x
  • Legit
  • Lunchbox
  • Heinz
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1. Ogre 2

2. Ogre 1

3. Walshy

4. Pistola

5. T2