iWatty

Best Halo Players of All Time

I feel a couple players that people are really overlooking are Lunchbox and Heinz. Now, I wouldn't put them in my top 10, but they are definitely in my honorable mention category. Perhaps it's because they aren't really the guys that control the power weapons on their teams, but Lunchbox and Heinz are two of the most well-rounded players that I have ever watched. They both have incredible BRs, solid snipers (might give the edge to Lunch here), and are both phenomenal objective players.

Excuse me for not having too much H1 knowledge, but here's my top 10 with brief explanations:

1) Ogre 2: Most people know he's the greatest of all time, so I won't waste too much breath here. Most successful player of all time that was the leader of two "god squads."

2) Pistola: Easily the most talented player I have ever seen play Halo. Dominates with every weapon, incredibly aware and sneaky. I've rarely seen him ever go negative and I've seen him single-handedly dominate top teams on the main stage MANY times. I don't know if he'll ever have all the accolades that Ogre 2 will, but I think you could make the argument that Pistola is just as talented as Tom, if not a bit more talented

3) Walshy: The best strategist of all time in Halo who really took Halo 2 and MLG to new heights as the face of the game and for good reason. He just always seemed to be one step of everyone else and it showed when he played. He was a true master of the Halo 2 glitches, which a lot of people attribute to his fall from grace in H3. But make no mistake, Walshy had a real mind for the game and truly was one of the legends of Halo in his time

4) Ogre 1: If he had stuck with the game, he would be 1b to Tom's 1a. The only reason he's down this far is because he didn't care about Halo 3 and decided to get on with his life instead of gaming competitively and you can't hold that against him.

5) Karma: He was only really a shining star for one game (Halo 2), but my god he was unreal through Halo 2. He was easily the best slayer in Halo 2 and was a true force to be reckoned with. Easily the most dominant FFA player I've ever seen play Halo 2. Also one of the best stories in Halo if you haven't heard it.

6) Legit: Absolute beast in Halo 2, Halo 3, and (dare I even say) Halo 4. It takes a truly special player to be so good at such different games, but Legit had no problem picking any of them up. He could handle any role and any weapon and dominate no matter what.

7) Roy: One of the best slayers of all time. Roy had one of the nicest BRs and one of the deadliest snipers, which allowed him to absolutely dominate Halo 3 and Halo Reach. Could have been a real force in Halo 2 as well if he wasn't stuck with Hokum on 5k.

8) T2: Absolutely ferocious captain of Str8 Rippin who was a great strategist and an extremely versatile player. We owe T2 so much for how he took over the face of the league when Walshy began to falter in H3.

9) Zyos: Don't know much more than he was an absolutely ferocious competitor and despised losing. This is apparent in the limited VOD that I have watched of him.

10) Shockwave: Quiet, but incredibly talented. A fantastic leader who could fill any role at any time played a pivotal role in Carbon knocking of FB

Next 10 in no order:

Gandhi: Incredibly entertaining. Absolutely terrifying with a sniper in his hands

Snipedown: In my mind, the best sniper of all time and just a dominant slayer

Lunchbox: Nothing he cannot do. Overshadowed by his twin, but incredibly talented in his own right

Heinz: Incredible BR and objective player often overshadowed by Pistola

Elamite: Just always finds a way to win. Great strategist as well

Saiyan: Overshadowed by 3 of the greatest of all time, but was a beast in his own right

Naded: One of the best slayers of all time. Had an unfortunate habit of choking in the Top 4, otherwise he would be up in the Top 10 without a doubt

Neighbor: Absolutely ridiculous sniper and slayer. If he had communicated and cared a bit more, could have been an top 10 guy

Strongside: Ridiculous slayer that always had a smile on his face. His place on my list was affected by his inconsistent presence at tournaments mostly

Hysteria: Another incredible sniper and slayer that put TD on the map. Too bad he was just the worst kind of kid

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ogre 2. Close thread. 

1. Ogre 2

2. Walshy 

3. Ogre 1

Anything 4 and below is debatable and interchangeable. 

And I only put Walshy above Ogre 1 because Walshy managed to make it back into the finals twice (Vegas 08 with Insticnt, Roybox and Soviet, and Dallas 09 with Carbon, Naded, Shockwave and Defy.) and Ogre 1 never made it back into a finals after Medows 08. 

Boss Nasti - not only did he dominate in Halo but Shadowrun as well

He revolutionized the eSports scene with his 'playbook'

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

He revolutionized the eSports scene with his 'playbook'

I remember you from SR, you probably don't remember me lol. My GT is Lucky 7Evans

1. Ogre 2

2. Walshy

3. Ace

4. Strongside

5. IGotUrPistola

6. Karma

7. Zyos

8. Roy

9. Shockwave

10. T2

EDIT: Not in any specific order.

1. Ogre 2

2. Walshy

3. Ace

4. Strongside

5. IGotUrPistola

6. Karma

7. Zyos

8. Roy

9. Shockwave

10. T2

How the Hell can you put Ace that high on your list?? Especially infront of all those H2-H3 Pros?? I'm sure every kid below Ace could destroy him in Halo lol

• Upvote (+1) 2

How the Hell can you put Ace that high on your list?? Especially infront of all those H2-H3 Pros?? I'm sure every kid below Ace could destroy him in Halo lol

Wasn't really thinking about order of who is better I should've mentioned that. My bad. I'll edit it in

What is everyone using to define the best halo player ever?

Is it just raw skill? Event wins? National titles? Longevity? Success on multiple games?

Is it just raw skill? Event wins? National titles? Longevity? Success on multiple games?

I really hate people judge the best players that have the money and time to go to events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think wins, how much they played, and skill. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Chaosdaninja - first to 49 !?

oh damn lol, I'll have to text him and tell him he's still relevant.

Also, if it means anything to this thread, OGRE2 said Zyos wasnt even top 50 in 2v2s in their prime. Take that for what its worth.

My list would be pretty close to Lemon's but despite my nostalgia and utter devotion to CE, I'd probably put a lot more of the recent pasty nerds above Saiyan and Zyos. Zyos was special but he didn't have what it took to play any Halo game other than CE. Arrogance can get in the way of a win. Saiyan was the most talented player to not really care about the game but I dont think that puts him in a top spot. Fact of the matter is, as good as saiyan is, if Killer N had said yes when OGRES and Walsh were putting together their Halo 2 team then everyone's lists in this thread would be different and no one would have saiyan anywhere on there. I don't see Toxin anywhere, nor do I see 11 or gintron or any other h1 kid who didnt really have godly teammates. And that imo keeps saiyan off the lists. I'm not saying he got carried, but he's not top 10 even though he had top 10 moments/games.

I'll pull a hockey example to illustrate my point. 

Marcel Dionne is the 5th all-time leading regular season scorer in NHL history (will probably be 6th after next season when Jaromir Jagr passes him). He's also 3rd all-time in points-per-game, and 4th all-time in goals scored. He scored over 100 points eight different times, bested only by Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky. 

HFBoards recently did a project where they ranked the top 60 centers of all time. Dionne placed 19th. And this is just at his OWN position, with many wingers, d-men, and goalies likely to go above him. 

How can the 5th most potent offensive force in NHL history be ranked so low on a list of all-time greats? 

It's because aside from a single scoring award, Marcel Dionne never won ANYTHING. He never led the league in goals once, he only led the league in scoring a single time in which he won the tiebreaker against a rookie Gretzky, never won a Hart trophy, and his team never made it past the second round of the playoffs. 

What's the point? 

I don't think we have any Marcel Dionnes in the Halo world - guys who we clearly and indisputably asserted were legendary players even though they never had much team success. In the Halo world, your legacy tends to get judged on what you were able to accomplish as a unit, and your individual accolades are taken only as a supplement. 

That doesn't mean that Saiyan's and Zyos' places aren't arguable, by any means. They definitely are. But ultimately they were part of some of the most important teams in Halo history, and that does mean something. 

I don't think we have any Marcel Dionnes in the Halo world - guys who we clearly and indisputably asserted were legendary players even though they never had much team success. In the Halo world, your legacy tends to get judged on what you were able to accomplish as a unit, and your individual accolades are taken only as a supplement. 

Naded

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hm. Yeah, he's probably the one exception, but I also didn't list him in my top 10. Very much a bubble guy. 

I just know he's always been regarded as one of the most individually talented Halo players, but never won anything