Sign in to follow this  
The Snazzer

Snipedown H2A impressions Video

Video was alright kind of boring though so H2A uses the H2 weapon spawn system ugh wish they wouldn't have kept that aspect of Halo 2 along with the H2 beatdown system.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really seems like he enjoyed it for the most part. He really didn't have too many negatives. Also, I am glad hes making videos because hes pretty good at it. (Portrait tho)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really seems like he enjoyed it for the most part. He really didn't have too many negatives. Also, I am glad hes making videos because hes pretty good at it. (Portrait tho)

Yup, looking forward to regular streams and content from him and the rest of Optic. 

Maybe more pro players speaking highly of the way they were treated at this event will put the "343i doesn't care about the competitive community" talk to rest. Good video Snipedown.

• Upvote (+1) 2

wow so teams can just set up with all the power weapons and not have to move at all? I hated that gameplay mechanic from halo 2.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

f**k. can't believe they kept the worst part of H2 in... weapon/ammo spawning screwed up Coag, especially when compared to Blood Gulch. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Video was alright kind of boring though so H2A uses the H2 weapon spawn system ugh wish they wouldn't have kept that aspect of Halo 2 along with the H2 beatdown system.  :kappa:

Shouldn't be difficult to remedy the atrocious weapon spawns with Forge. :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Shouldn't be difficult to remedy the atrocious weapon spawns with Forge. :)

Forge allows you to edit the weapons attributes so that even if someone is holding onto the weapon it will still spawn? Interesting... i had no idea forge had that power.

Also I was surprised I didn't hear 1 thing about Screen Shake from snipedown.

Forge allows you to edit the weapons attributes so that even if someone is holding onto the weapon it will still spawn? Interesting... i had no idea forge had that power.

Also I was surprised I didn't hear 1 thing about Screen Shake from snipedown.

It doesn't let you edit things so specifically, but drop spawns in h3 and Reach were setup by making weapons fall when they spawned in mid-air so that the game was tricked into thinking they'd been moved, thus starting the timer within 2 seconds of them landing.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In Halo 2, all weapons are designated as normally respawning weapons, or "special" weapons that won't start spawning until the current one is out of play.  it's safe to assume that this flag is something we'll be able to toggle in H2A Forge, considering that power weapons are flagged as special on some maps but not on other maps in Halo 2.  I believe there are even maps in Halo 2 where there are special and non-special versions of the same weapon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In forge, you can choose how many of each weapon can be allowed on the map at one time. So if 2 Snipers were allowed on Lockout, the respawn timer would start when the 1st sniper is picked up allowing a second sniper to spawn. The timer for the third sniper won't start until one of the first two snipers is off the map.

I could be totally wrong though....

• Upvote (+1) 1