VideoGangsta

If Halo 5 is bad, can MCC sustain the population?

The population on the MP games out at the moment for Xbox One is a joke, I know it'll improve over time, but most people are heading to PS4. That's as much of a problem as anything. Ghosts at peak times has just 30k on it, Black Ops 1 matches that to this day.

Imagine if Halo 5 is good though?

That would be nice but as the op references, recent tweets from Quinn indicate that they still don't completely get it and are more than likely putting the some of the same stuff into Halo 5.

From everything we've seem I think it's a 50/50 chance that halo will go one of 2 ways: Halo 5 has more game breaking gimmicky crap and we all get to continue playing MCC but it doesn't really have much tournament support and the competitive halo scene becomes more like smash where it's just purely about fun and etching your name in halo history with respective tournaments. Option 2, halo 5 is badass and the competitive scene rides the wave of MCC into h5 tournaments.

• Downvote (-1) 1

That would be nice but as the op references, recent tweets from Quinn indicate that they still don't completely get it and are more than likely putting the some of the same stuff into Halo 5.

From everything we've seem I think it's a 50/50 chance that halo will go one of 2 ways: Halo 5 has more game breaking gimmicky crap and we all get to continue playing MCC but it doesn't really have much tournament support and the competitive halo scene becomes more like smash where it's just purely about fun and etching your name in halo history with respective tournaments. Option 2, halo 5 is badass and the competitive scene rides the wave of MCC into h5 tournaments.

If you honestly think Quinn is revealing the multiplayer direction for Halo 5 via twitter than I dont know what to say.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Or, what if the Call of Duty that year is terrible?

A bad Call of Duty from Treyarch? 

Hah.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you honestly think Quinn is revealing the multiplayer direction for Halo 5 via twitter than I dont know what to say.

I'm not saying he's revealing mm in h5 but he's completely at liberty and did give an idea of how he felt about h4.

A bad Call of Duty from Treyarch?

Hah.

WaW and Black Ops 1, I rest my case.

But in all reality, I really want H5 to be good, I think we all do. We want a next gen Halo that stays true to the core of what made Halo to be great.

On topic, it would definitely be a smaller scene that follows MCC over H5 if H5 sucks, but people will ride the dev support train and watch the game fail.

• Downvote (-1) 3

WaW and Black Ops 1, I rest my case.

Two of the best in the franchise in my opinion :/

• Upvote (+1) 4

When Quinn said on twitter about 2014 FPS market being different from that in 2007. This does not confirm sprint or "Gimmicky crap".

What I take from what he said it that you need to be innovative with new games such as this, you need you add something to the game that is different. 

So yes, Halo 5 will contain things that are new addictions to Halo and It will not be a carbon copy of H2 but I don't think you should take that as "they don't get it", with all the evidence we've seen so far about how far they are pushing MCC and Halo 5 towards esports, I would imagine the new things they add will be balanced and be great additions to the game and still capturing the original feel of Halo.

Not necessarily revealing the exact multi player direction but revealing his own feelings and ideals which can very much determine the direction of muilti player.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know why but I just have no hype or anything towards H5. I could honestly care less about that game now that I have a platform to play my favorite Halo online with some friends.

I mean I hope H5 turns out good, but I honestly won't be fazed by it at all because I have no problem continuing to play H1 and H2 still today.

He'll hardly voice sentiments that go against the MP direction for Halo 5. You could argue that he's only trying to show his support for Halo 4's mechanics, but it devs in general obviously tend to be more critical of their games post-release. Not necessarily outright self-criticism, but you won't see Quinn saying that sprint in Halo 4 is a good thing after it getting so much negative reception.

At least he acknowledges that sprint isn't the best thing for Halo 2.

I think it's weird the general gaming community things Treyarch's CoD's are garbage....I don't understand it. I hate the franchise and I love the Blops series.

Halo: MCC will not sale very well. Halo:CEA didn't sale well. (I know CE's multiplayer was left out because "They would never be able to recreate it properly") The truth is though you have to be a huge fan of the multiplayer to buy Halo: MCC. I literally have or had every halo game except Halo Wars. I think Halo: MCC moves way more units than Halo:CEA however. The people who drop the money for an xbox one and this game however will probably never move on because they no longer have too. They have the original trilogy at the finger tips with dedicated servers and 60 fps.

Microsoft in an absolute genius move literally copied and pasted a few games over to the xbox one and we are all gonna go out and buy it because its exactly what we wanted. They will move more units than probably the last six months combined.

So in short yes I think MCC will sustain ITS population no matter what. The question should be if Halo 5 is that great will the Halo MCC population (Which will probably be a good third of the entire Halo population) switch over to Halo 5.

If online 2v2 or even 4v4 tournaments are what in store for MCC then I'll probably switch if Halo 5 is the next big thing. It can't just be a good game it needs to knock my socks because playing Halo CE at my cousins is what got me to buy the original xbox, Halo 2 is what got me into online gaming, competitive gaming, and to purchase the xbox 360 because by then I was sold on Halo. Halo MCC is gonna be what gets me to buy the X1 because i literally hated  Microsofts Policies.

Competitive players might keep playing MCC, but majority of casuals will be probably be playing H5.  It would be interesting to see how viewership would be if tournaments stuck with MCC after H5 releases.

Zombies on WaW is my favorite, also its the last Campaign that I actually enjoyed.

Probably not, people on Beyond will still play, but the majority of xbox live users will be playing the CoD/BF in fall 2015.

When populations fall, 343i is going to consolidate the playlists and even more people will quit (see Halo Reach, see H4)

Halo: MCC will not sale very well. Halo:CEA didn't sale well. (I know CE's multiplayer was left out because "They would never be able to recreate it properly") The truth is though you have to be a huge fan of the multiplayer to buy Halo: MCC. I literally have or had every halo game except Halo Wars. I think Halo: MCC moves way more units than Halo:CEA however. The people who drop the money for an xbox one and this game however will probably never move on because they no longer have too. They have the original trilogy at the finger tips with dedicated servers and 60 fps.

Microsoft in an absolute genius move literally copied and pasted a few games over to the xbox one and we are all gonna go out and buy it because its exactly what we wanted. They will move more units than probably the last six months combined.

So in short yes I think MCC will sustain ITS population no matter what. The question should be if Halo 5 is that great will the Halo MCC population (Which will probably be a good third of the entire Halo population) switch over to Halo 5.

If online 2v2 or even 4v4 tournaments are what in store for MCC then I'll probably switch if Halo 5 is the next big thing. It can't just be a good game it needs to knock my socks because playing Halo CE at my cousins is what got me to buy the original xbox, Halo 2 is what got me into online gaming, competitive gaming, and to purchase the xbox 360 because by then I was sold on Halo. Halo MCC is gonna be what gets me to buy the X1 because i literally hated Microsofts Policies.

I don't think MCC will do nearly as well since it is on the new system. There isn't enough incentive to get the new system when they keep making games for both Xboxes. I know that I don't plan on getting the Xbox One for another year or 2, depending on what games come out. I do feel like this could do well but there aren't enough good games getting people to upgrade.

All of my friends have the 360. None of them plan on getting the Xbone. Though the Kinect being taken off the Xbone is slightly more appealing.

I don't think MCC will do nearly as well since it is on the new system. There isn't enough incentive to get the new system when they keep making games for both Xboxes. I know that I don't plan on getting the Xbox One for another year or 2, depending on what games come out. I do feel like this could do well but there aren't enough good games getting people to upgrade.

All of my friends have the 360. None of them plan on getting the Xbone. Though the Kinect being taken off the Xbone is slightly more appealing.

How do you not feel xbox one is worth it for the games?

Halo 1 - 4

H2A

Halo 5 beta

Halo 5 game a year later.

Not sure what amazing 360 games you are referring to that is reason to stay on that console.

I was also under the impression they were going to stop supporting last gen soon, for eg. Assassins Creed: Unity is only going to be on next gen.