Heinz

Halo 2: Anniversary Q&A w/ Heinz

no... no it wasn't, the h4 br was random as hell.

Not as much as H2C and H3.

Not as much as H2C and H3.

wasn't h2s br perfect? i know it had spread but it pretty much did absolutely nothing. i agree the spread on the h4 br is less but its was effectively the same as h3 was. the difference is in the netcode allowing for better hit registration but at medium - long distances the BR in both h3 and h4 becomes completely worthless where as in h2 you could cross map with that thing easy.

You two are both wrong.

H2 had extremely minimal spread that literally did not affect the gameplay.

H3 had ridiculous spread that everyone knows about.

H4 had minimal spread with a tiny bit of recoil. Its accuracy lies between H2 and H3 but is much, much closer to H2.

You two are both wrong.

H4 had minimal spread with a tiny bit of recoil. Its accuracy lies between H2 and H3 but is much, much closer to H2.

you can't shoot from base to base on simplex just like you can't shoot from base to base on heritic in h3 when there isn't much difference in the distance so i'd say its closer to h3. if it was closer to h2 i would expect to be able to have consistency in medium distances but not on long distances but this isn't the case.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not to be a jerk or anything because I greatly appreciate you taking time out of your day to answer these questions Heinz. But I'm just having a hard time trusting what you or any halo pro says about a new game. I am not trying to personally attack you, but I feel like with each new game most pros, at least the ones openly talking about them, always praise them. For example, with halo 4 many pros were screaming we're back and that wasn't the case at all. My point/question is are you failing to provide the critiques that the developers and community need to hear/know because you are excited for a new halo game? Sorry if that came off wrong, but I just wanted this point in the forum. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think H2A would be fine for tournaments with some fixes I've mentioned, but at this point what we should push is what would get Halo the most attention / viewership.

Do you think it's best to push for multiple Halo games to be run at tournaments, similar to how fighting game tournaments run several games at once?  I haven't seen many pros talk about this.

So after seeing the likes of Hysteria, Fearitself, Strongside and others coming back to Halo and competing in this last event are there any predictions (if this game holds up to the hype) of any other former pros making a comeback? And is so are there any you'd like a chance to team with again or for the first time?

I think it will be Headlong. The dynamic elements are fine to me. If taken out, that's fine too, but it wasn't that big of a deal.

Headlong was just remade in HCEA so I highly doubt we will see it again, because Max Hoberman had already stated that it wouldn't make much sense to remake maps from HCEA again so soon. Anyways, Would you prefer to have a Big Scale Map be the 6th remastered map for H2A? If so, would you prefer Colossus, Waterworks, or Burial Mounds? Also MCC DLC wise, would you like to see fan favorites from Halo 3 make a return such as Guardian, Citadel, Narrows, or Construct? Finally would you like to see Warlock remastered  in MCC and do you think Desolation from Halo 2 could be played competitively?  

• Upvote (+1) 1

So after seeing the likes of Hysteria, Fearitself, Strongside and others coming back to Halo and competing in this last event are there any predictions (if this game holds up to the hype) of any other former pros making a comeback? And is so are there any you'd like a chance to team with again or for the first time?

Im sure we will see other pros come back to play. If you have been following some of them on twitter then you can obviously see how interested in MCC they are. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

To each their own, I'm not guaranteeing everyone will like it, but I did like it. I'd still like some tweaks as you said obviously, but still.

I would prefer H2C or H3C to be the focus, more so H2C definitely. I also wouldn't mind H2A, though and I'd understand why.

If everyone prefers H2C including the pro player-base, why shouldn't we play it? Unless 343 is pushing H2A for some type of "Halo league" structure, I dont see why we should feel pressured to play "their" version of H2 which is an inferior one. 

You two are both wrong.

pretty much correct except halo4's spread was as bad as halo3's. it's just halo4 has bigger hitboxes and more bullet magnetism. combine that with hitscan and it appears to have less spread

On the topic of Halo 4's BR - it was notably better after the turbo update when it had its damage buffed by a bullet (basically the same treatment MLG gave to the H3 BR).

Actually shooting it and watching the spread of bullets on a wall or trying to kill even an immobile local guest at a decent distance was pretty bad. Not quite Halo 3 levels of bad, but still inconsistent enough to be a detriment to gameplay in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 3

On the topic of Halo 4's BR - it was notably better after the turbo update when it had its damage buffed by a bullet (basically the same treatment MLG gave to the H3 BR).

Actually shooting it and watching the spread of bullets on a wall or trying to kill even an immobile local guest at a decent distance was pretty bad. Not quite Halo 3 levels of bad, but still inconsistent enough to be a detriment to gameplay in my opinion.

This is one of major reasons that I have always thought that Halo's utility weapon should be single shot, and not burst fire. Hopefully 343i can create a straight shooting, single shot utility weapon, and make it somewhat challenging to use for Halo 5. A lot will be revealed in December, so I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is one of major reasons that I have always thought that Halo's utility weapon should be single shot, and not burst fire. Hopefully 343i can create a straight shooting, single shot utility weapon, and make it somewhat challenging to use for Halo 5. A lot will be revealed in December, so I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.

Utility weapon appears to be the BR for Halo 5. DMR's were placed on Map

We see one DMR on the map and we suddenly think the Battle Rifle is the utility weapon?

You're getting way ahead of yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I appreciate the response, but I am curious to know where you got this information?  I haven't seen anything official from 343i about the H5 weapon sandbox, other than there will be 13 (I think it was 13) weapons in the H5 beta.  

We see one DMR on the map and we suddenly think the Battle Rifle is the utility weapon?

You're getting way ahead of yourself.

I appreciate the response, but I am curious to know where you got this information?  I haven't seen anything official from 343i about the H5 weapon sandbox, other than there will be 13 (I think it was 13) weapons in the H5 beta.  

gamescom-2014-halo-5-guardians-multiplay

Something about the way this DMR is placed on the map compared to the BR (on the floor). BR is in a place similar to the Pit where you would just pick it up in standard combat or while walking around the map for extra ammo, whereas the DMR is placed in an area with sight lines across the entire map.

Something about the way this DMR is placed on the map compared to the BR (on the floor). BR is in a place similar to the Pit where you would just pick it up in standard combat for extra ammo, whereas the DMR is placed in an area with sight lines across the entire map.

You're looking way too far into that and jumping the gun big time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Let Saucey stick with the Halo 5 Chaser gig please

I'll be laughing when I'm proven right in a few months.

house-dancing-o.gif

I dunno if it's that off-base. weapons placed in harder to reach spots does indicate them being more powerful or more specialized.

Something about the way this DMR is placed on the map compared to the BR (on the floor). BR is in a place similar to the Pit where you would just pick it up in standard combat or while walking around the map for extra ammo, whereas the DMR is placed in an area with sight lines across the entire map.

But the BR didn't even have a scope in the CGI.

Checkmate, atheists.

• Upvote (+1) 1

fan favorites

Halo 3

such as Guardian, Citadel, Narrows, or Construct?

I have news for you...