Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Another Halo 2 Anniversary event before release?

I really really really hope Bravo and Ghost are fighting tooth and nail to get H5 back to its roots. Because if 343 as a whole is thinking this then say goodbye to Halo as a franchise once again.

https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/506424968607834112

And this is just utter stupidity. Lets bring up CSGO. The game is fucking huge right now and comparing it to its original predecessors and before (1.6) it hasn't changed much(In terms of big shit like adding ADS or sprint ) . Yes things have changed , but the core game is still the core game and people love it ! Add sprint or ADS to CS and it is just another bland shooter. He needs to get this idea of "sprint is modern , people love it" and the whole idea of adding more shit to the game makes it something new and enjoyable . Its not helping , you are killing the series. 

Dude did you play CSGO or even watch it a year ago the game was fucking horrible and the community was on the verge of death. Seriously CSGO almost killed the series if you look at from a CS prospective (1.6,source,GO) the way the game is compared to 1.6 with skill and all is miles apart.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dude did you play CSGO or even watch it a year ago the game was fucking horrible and the community was on the verge of death. Seriously CSGO almost killed the series if you look at from a CS prospective (1.6,source,GO) the way the game is compared to 1.6 with skill and all is miles apart.

GO did not almost kill the series . People were reluctant to switch because it wasn't a carbon copy of CSS. Yes it was different like I said but its not miles apart like H4 , Reach to H3 , H2.  Yes shooting / strafing and game mechanics are different just like when comparing H2/H3 but the core game is still the same and game knowledge still progresses. And no the community was not on the verge of death. That community has never been close in terms of player count to the levels (lowness) that H4 and Reach saw especially with the older iterations.

Left number is current / Right is todays peak.

GVZYuYW.png

I don't think that Ghost and Bravo will allow sprint to be in Halo 5. I'm very confident sprint won't be in Halo 5.

If sprint is in Halo 5 can we all spam threads on beyond.net until Cyren gets mad and downs the forums for "maintenance"?

yes? ok good.

Lol if you think Ghost or Bravo has the power to take sprint out of the game... Honestly, if 343 thinks sprint should be in the game, then I have no faith in them making a competent game even if they are convinced to take it out.

I don't think that Ghost and Bravo will allow sprint to be in Halo 5. I'm very confident sprint won't be in Halo 5.

If sprint is in Halo 5 can we all spam threads on beyond.net until Cyren gets mad and downs the forums for "maintenance"?

yes? ok good.

Lol if you think Ghost or Bravo has the power to take sprint out of the game... Honestly, if 343 thinks sprint should be in the game, then I have no faith in them making a competent game even if they are convinced to take it out.

NO SPRINT OR RIOT!! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Someone should tweet this thread to Quinn. Tell him that this is the reaction after simply hinting at sprint. Confirming it? The reaction would be interesting, to say the least.

Sprint will not break halo actually a lot of halo fans like sprint it was just AAs that.Need to stay out of halo and the new generation of players prefer sprint all 343 needs do is just balance it out.But really the main halo fans who dislike sprint are the competitive one a (small percentage) and others just hopped on the bandwagon.

• Downvote (-1) 11

Sprint will not break halo actually a lot of halo fans like sprint it was just AAs that.Need to stay out of halo and the new generation of players prefer sprint all 343 needs do is just balance it out.But really the main halo fans who dislike sprint are the competitive one a (small percentage) and others just hopped on the bandwagon.

If they would just make it so that players can disable sprint and have some dedicated playlists for Sprint/No Sprint gametypes then it would be just fine. However if they repeat that "You cannot disable sprint, its built into the game itself" attitude then WE ALL RIOT!!! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If they would just make it so that players can disable sprint and have some dedicated playlists for Sprint/No Sprint gametypes then it would be just fine. However if they repeat that "You cannot disable sprint, its built into the game itself" attitude then WE ALL RIOT!!! 

Disabling it is pointless. It changes the game too much from the core experience, which will make that playlist have a small population. Also, all the maps will have been designed with sprint in mind, so no matter how shitty they will be because of sprint, disabling sprint will actually make them shittier. The whole game just needs to be designed with a "no sprint" mentality.

And Microsoft's biggest selling point this holiday is the MCC, and we all know no one, and I mean NO ONE is buying it for Halo 4. That leaves Halo CE, 2, 3, and Halo 2 Anniversary. None of those games have sprint. So why the hell do they insist on shoving it down our throats in the newer games? They are obviously confident they can sell Halo games without sprint.

Stop me if I'm making too much sense.

Disabling it is pointless. It changes the game too much from the core experience, which will make that playlist have a small population. Also, all the maps will have been designed with sprint in mind, so no matter how shitty they will be because of sprint, disabling sprint will actually make them shittier. The whole game just needs to be designed with a "no sprint" mentality.

And Microsoft's biggest selling point this holiday is the MCC, and we all know no one, and I mean NO ONE is buying it for Halo 4. That leaves Halo CE, 2, 3, and Halo 2 Anniversary. None of those games have sprint. So why the hell do they insist on shoving it down our throats in the newer games? They are obviously confident they can sell Halo games without sprint.

Stop me if I'm making too much sense.

Dude I'm just trying to make it work for both sides. In no way did I ever say I supported Sprint. I've been around Halo long enough to know that sprint doesn't work. Don't be interpreting anything I say as, "I like Sprint", Because I don't and if its put into Halo 5, I'M GOING TO RIOT!!  

• Upvote (+1) 3

Dude I'm just trying to make it work for both sides. In no way did I ever say I supported Sprint. I've been around Halo long enough to know that sprint doesn't work. Don't be interpreting anything I say as, "I like Sprint", Because I don't and if its put into Halo 5, I'M GOING TO RIOT!!  

That first paragraph of my post was the only one directed at you. After that it was just a general rant. I didn't post "stop me if I'm making too much sense" as an insult to you, it was just a general statement about why sprint is ass.

Someone should tweet this thread to Quinn. Tell him that this is the reaction after simply hinting at sprint. Confirming it? The reaction would be interesting, to say the least.

He'll say something all the lines of "stop living in the past ".

If the Halo 5 beta has sprint in it, and AAs I just won't buy Halo 5 unless they're taken out.  It's simple.  I have every Halo I love on XBL now, better than it was before.

yes? ok good.

1zczlky.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Unless MLG is signing Halo players on contract, how would they monopolize the scene?

They could make a deal with Msft like they do with Activision for CoD where they're the only TO allowed to run the game for events. Honestly, too many people think MLG are the same as they were back in the day. They've completely changed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

1zczlky.jpg

I honestly think no mods will even try to moderate this forums if Halo 5 would happen to have sprint. The riot will be real.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I honestly think no mods will even try to moderate this forums if Halo 5 would happen to have sprint. The riot will be real.

The pure rage would burn it all down.

They could make a deal with Msft like they do with Activision for CoD where they're the only TO allowed to run the game for events. Honestly, too many people think MLG are the same as they were back in the day. They've completely changed.

I understand the developers can help out leagues with free game copies or free DLC codes or some shit but if I were to buy all my own games and consoles, no deal would be able to stop me from hosting my own tournament.  I purchased products and now I am using products.

Even if there was some deal, nothing is stopping other TOs from hosting halo tourneys other than dev support right?

Fucking SWAT kids.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I understand the developers can help out leagues with free game copies or free DLC codes or some shit but if I were to buy all my own games and consoles, no deal would be able to stop me from hosting my own tournament.  I purchased products and now I am using products.

Even if there was some deal, nothing is stopping other TOs from hosting halo tourneys other than dev support right?

Sorry, I should have been clearer. Companies can run CoD events, I believe they just can't stream them. If they attempt to, Activision contacts the stream hosting website and gets their stream shut down. Of course you could run events, but what's the point if no one else is watching? Then all it is is a glorified LAN.

Do we want that for Halo? I'd rather have multiple events/year, not just a few like CoD do.

I guess I am the only one hoping this is an actual OPEN BRACKET EVENT rather than an invite. Tired of being at home, I want to compete or go spectate. Either one, I'm ready to get us all back under one roof again.

We'll see that later on. These pre-launch tournaments are more of showcases. The first 343 tournament after launch will probably be open.

If the Halo 5 beta has sprint and the Spartan Abilities are as bad as everyone is putting it. I will go on a 20 minute rant saying how bad of an idea it is to put that it.

Seriously, from my point of view it feels like 343 likes making the same mistakes twice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the Halo 5 beta has sprint and the Spartan Abilities are as bad as everyone is putting it. I will go on a 20 minute rant saying how bad of an idea it is to put that it.

Seriously, from my point of view it feels like 343 likes making the same mistakes twice.

If the halo 5 beta has sprint we will make a big list here on beyond and get a ton of people who don't buy the game if sprint can't be disabled. Then we will tell everyone and if we can get enough people we say: "Hey 343 1000 people are not going to buy your game if sprint can't be disabled." lol

If the halo 5 beta has sprint we will make a big list here on beyond and get a ton of people who don't buy the game if sprint can't be disabled. Then we will tell everyone and if we can get enough people we say: "Hey 343 1000 people are not going to buy your game if sprint can't be disabled." lol

Obligatory gif

crying-money-woody-harrelson-zombieland.

I wouldn't say 1000. I bet everyone here on Beyond would start a campaign to boycott Halo 5.  :kappa:

Sorry, I should have been clearer. Companies can run CoD events, I believe they just can't stream them. If they attempt to, Activision contacts the stream hosting website and gets their stream shut down. Of course you could run events, but what's the point if no one else is watching? Then all it is is a glorified LAN.

Do we want that for Halo? I'd rather have multiple events/year, not just a few like CoD do.

So technically every streamer, or at the least those who make money streaming, could be shut down as well but the devs just choose not to?

Personally, if 343 ever had a tournament stream shut down, I would be done with Halo because I would never purchase another product from them for as long as I live.

• Upvote (+1) 1