Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Another Halo 2 Anniversary event before release?

Numerous attempts have been made to boycott a game. They fail.... They fail hard. Even losing 10 thousand sales is a drop in the bucket, completely redundant.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Even if 343 decides to make the same shitty mistakes again (no sprint disable/armor abilities). Many people will still buy the game but in the long run the population and interest for playing the game will decrease drastically again, thus turning it into the failed attempt of a Halo game again just like Halo4. Gone will be the days where we see 800,000 - 1,000,000 players consistently if Halo 5 turns out bad.    

• Upvote (+1) 2

So technically every streamer, or at the least those who make money streaming, could be shut down as well but the devs just choose not to?

Personally, if 343 ever had a tournament stream shut down, I would be done with Halo because I would never purchase another product from them for as long as I live.

Streaming is fine.. obviously. I said tournaments, as in LAN events with prize money. I'm not 100% sure on the specifics because I don't follow the CoD scene, but I know they have a monopoly on the CoD scene. UGC and UMG weren't allowed to do their own events and stream them so they had to become partners of MLG and run it under their name and on their streaming platform. I believe one time a UMG stream got pulled down by Activision as there was some confusion - later got put back up but it happens.

I believe Activision also made a deal with MLG where this previous year, CoD was the only FPS allowed to be on the circuit, and possibly even this upcoming year.

Btw, it wouldn't be 343 doing it, it would be Microsoft. 343 simply develop the games, just like how Treyarch/IW etc don't do that, it's Activision. 

I'm just trying to understand the legality of it. TOs are profiting off of something they only have an end user license for? My local library charges 10¢ to print a page but MS doesn't come after them for profiting off of an end user Word license. Just seems strange. Unless the streaming companies don't even need a legal cease and desist type letter and will just pull whatever streams a developer tells them to.

If only COD trademarked or patented or whatever sprint... Lol if only that was even possible or made any sense.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Halo 4 Spartan Ops for sure....... :maven: (Nah just kidding)

I'm thinking H2C just because my body needs to play that game again.

Then I'll dabble in H2A just to see the majesticness.

Then on to H1.

(All MP of course)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm just trying to understand the legality of it. TOs are profiting off of something they only have an end user license for? My local library charges 10¢ to print a page but MS doesn't come after them for profiting off of an end user Word license. Just seems strange. Unless the streaming companies don't even need a legal cease and desist type letter and will just pull whatever streams a developer tells them to.

Streaming is in and of itself a violation of copyright law and anyone who owns the copyright license has the right to get any stream of their game pulled from the internet.  Same goes for any "public performance" of the digital work.  The thing is, that rarely happens because companies aren't that stupid.  Remember when Nintendo tried to get Smash banned from Evo's stream and Evo itself?  Yeah...

Copyright laws are too outdated to make sense for the realm of videogames, but they're still the law.

I don't know anything to do with the legality of it. I know nothing in that department. I'm just relaying to you what I've seen MLG do, and what rules they have in place. They monopolise CoD and they will do the same for Halo if they pick it back up. It's not like they're gonna give us a free pass just because we're Halo. They are completely centered around money and promoting their streaming platform. Times have changed, MLG are not the same as they were back when they used to run Halo.

Why do you think they only run a few tourneys for LAN each year now and do the rest for Online? Because they save more money that way. MLG have made deals with Activision to ensure that they control the CoD scene.

GO did not almost kill the series . People were reluctant to switch because it wasn't a carbon copy of CSS. Yes it was different like I said but its not miles apart like H4 , Reach to H3 , H2.  Yes shooting / strafing and game mechanics are different just like when comparing H2/H3 but the core game is still the same and game knowledge still progresses. And no the community was not on the verge of death. That community has never been close in terms of player count to the levels (lowness) that H4 and Reach saw especially with the older iterations.

Left number is current / Right is todays peak.

GVZYuYW.png

Dude did you play CSGO in 2011 it was TRASH pure garbage. Back in 2012 it was garbage and I guess you were not paying attention to CS back then and I do not blame you one bit. let me illaberate back in 2012 before valve went all dev support on CSGO this is what was wrong with the game. No bunny hopping, No crouch jump walking, the maps have terrible changes and debris and such(which can be removed and fixed in a pro version). The recoil and tracers are hideous. The aimed fire of a M4/AK to the face 1-2 shots doesn't kill. The crosshair is just for looks it seems as apposed to whether you are aimed or not. Most almost if not all of the community were on the verge of going back and considering 1.6,CSS. Obviously I wasnt talking about now idiot CSGO is flourishing because of dev support.

Here are some links to fourm posts on multiple sites tearing the game to shreds/teams and pros retiring and getting shutdown I could get ALOT more but I think this will be valid.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2862361

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?9315-Why-does-Counter-Strike-suck-so-much-now

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/39088-lurppis_CSGOs_a_terrible_game_right_now

http://play.esea.net/index.php?s=forums&d=topic&id=383407

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2605670

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3145389

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/pro-cs-16-player-slams-cs-go-consolization-to-our--29107907/

http://www.hltv.org/news/10993-virtuspro-shuts-down-csgo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDK6XwFlaxg

Here is an interview with SirScoots about him as a personality if you watch he mentions how CS was on the downfall and miraculously came back from certain death.

Dont talk when you probably never followed CS until this year.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Obviously I wasnt talking about now idiot CSGO is flourishing because of dev support. Dont talk when you probably never followed CS until this year.

Chill with the shit talk , no need to get toxic. I didn't come at you like you are some piece of shit , no need to give it back.

You can compare these forums to fucking Halo Waypoint. Butt hurt pubbies that have no clue what the hell they are doing. 

"The post is in Russian and doesn't say much, but it does state the players haven't fulfilled their obligations to the team and that further sanctions will be applied to the players."

Did you even read this article or copy paste this off google? Nothing in this article mentions the team shutting down because of the game. Players breaking contract is more like it.  

Yay more butthurt players including Lurrpis complaining that the game isn't 1.6. Its like trying to compare Halo CE to fucking 3. Yeah good luck.

There are posts like this all over the thread. Once again , if you read the article rather than posting it straight off Google we wouldn't be here right now. 

1a85LO3.png

"WinFakt captain lurppis has posted critically, on the Steam forums, about Valve's interest in developing CS:GO into a game suitable for professional 1.6 players to compete in." - SK Gaming Article

Once again Lurrpis complaining like he always has been. Game isn't exactly how he wants it , time to go start drama. Since you follow and play CS so much you should maybe know this. Like how he is talking shit about Fliffaren and how he's worthless on NiP and starting a ton of drama on twitter barring him from events. 

Yeah Csgo , wasn't the best game when it launched. BUT the game wasn't going to kill all of Counter-Strike like Halo Reach did with our franchise. 

Oh and one more thing.

Dont talk when you probably never followed CS until this year.

6NUJv2l.png

Yeah , a year ago.....

• Upvote (+1) 3

Anyone think that there could maybe be a Halo event at the New York Comic Con this october or do they not usually do Halo stuff there?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I just got an ad on Twitch for something called ESL One. I knew 343i had been working with ESL for the H2A events, so I looked into it.

http://www.esl-one.com/gate/

They have past/upcoming tournaments for Dota 2, CS:Go, and BF4. Howeverm there is a TBA section...

I wonder if maybe this big event that 343 employees have hinted at is somehow related? 

Another thing to point out is Dota 2 at NYCC in October, ESL will be there which means Halo and 343 could be there.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I just got an ad on Twitch for something called ESL One. I knew 343i had been working with ESL for the H2A events, so I looked into it.

They have past/upcoming tournaments for Dota 2, CS:Go, and BF4. Howeverm there is a TBA section...

I wonder if maybe this big event that 343 employees have hinted at is somehow related? 

Another thing to point out is Dota 2 at NYCC in October, ESL will be there which means Halo and 343 could be there.

Thanks for posting that.  That has to make you wonder whether that "TBA" section is the aforementioned H2A pre-release tournament.

Regardless of whether or not this will be the pre-release tournament, it will be nice to see another H2A tournament.  Hopefully this time there won't be as many technical glitches, and there won't be an insane amount of down time between matches.  If this upcoming H2A tournament is more streamlined, it will be nice to see what the Twitch.tv viewership might be.

ESL could be a possible TO to run in conjunction with 343 for the future.

Predicted. I am the Halo prophecy.  :saucey:

• Upvote (+1) 1