Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Another Halo 2 Anniversary event before release?

Huh?

Take the Halo 3 trailer where Master Cheif was sprinting out of the bubble sheild as a reference of a CGI trailer. It's not actually guaranteed to be in the game (even though it most likely will be).

The whole fucking argument about not being able to use population as a sign is stupid. Quinn is seriously stupid for a) saying 2007 for when someone was making an example for 2009-2010 and B) the shooter market has changed a lot since 2009. The console shooter market is exactly the same except for the fact that Halo got shitty. By 2009 CoD4 and MW2 had been released and Halo 3 was still competiting with those games. It wasn't until Reach that Halo stopped being able to compete. Now why is that? It is because exactly like Eagleburn said, Halo had a unique identity. If people didn't like CoD, they played Halo, but with Reach Halo lost its uniqueness so people just went to CoD because it did it better.

Agreed. The console market is actually even shitter now than what it was in 07'. There's been almost a 2 year period where I've literally been interested in >10 games. I normally wouldn't be worried about my interest in other games if there is a solid Halo shooter that is fun and playable to an extent. 

So honestly if you did replicate Halo's original formula right now it would probably dominate because there is absolutely nothing else like it on the console. 

I don't think Quinn means that there's going to be Sprint in Halo 5, necessarily... What I DO think he means is that in today's market, you have to do something innovative with your gameplay, to make the game stand-out in its own way.

If they start with core-Halo and do something to evolve the gameplay while still maintaining the integrity of what makes a Halo game a Halo game (rather than just copy/pasting elements from others), I think that's what he's getting at, and likely what 343 is setting out to do this time around.

Halo 3 doesn't feel outdated to me in anyway, despite being from that 2007 time period, and presents its own take on core-Halo, so if they can make Halo 5 into its own core-Halo experience without adding any mechanics that may be too gimmicky, or unoriginal, then I don't think there's anything to worry about... Whether it actually turns out that way though, we'll just have to see.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If we're going to base Halo 5 Beta's gameplay from a CGI trailer... Where's my Halo 3 with sprinting and Bubble Shield Grenade?

Guys, we have TMCC, if shits goes down, we have this collection. Might as well enjoy the moment right now with H2A

• Upvote (+1) 1

No more invite tournaments. Do a tournament that anyone can go.

Str8sick RTX winner and 3rd place global champs didn't get invited to pax? I would have rather seen him in place of goofy.

oh god....str8 sick would have been RAPING

All aboard the train, first station is the Masterchief Collection.

Last stop is Halo 5. 

smh....sigh...I pray they learn....if sprint is in h5....sigh

Not too surprised to be honest. 343 probably feel that they would be working backwards if they remove sprint in Halo 5 when it was implemented in the previous 2 Halo games, Halo Reach and Halo 4. I'm sure weapons spawning on the map, descope, ranks, and a spectator mode will be in Halo 5. The real test for 343 is creating maps catering to sprint while not destroying the feel of traditional Halo which I feel is near impossible to do. We will see in December if Halo 5 will fail or succeed.

I'm honestly not expecting Halo 5 to remove sprint. I just hope they can figure out some way to make it work.

My recommendation? Seperate Halo 5 MP into two categories.

1. Arena

2. BTB (call it something else)

Arena is the classic Halo experience (no sprint, smaller maps, descope, etc) with a few playlists like Snipers/Swat/Team Slayer/Hardcore/etc

BTB is large scale 8v8 or 16v16 if they decide to take it that direction. Vehicles, sprint, AAs/gimmicky stuff can be included here. I don't think it has anywhere near the negative impact on BTB that it does on smaller maps and lower player counts. (hence why BTB is by far the most popular thing in H4)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sounds good. More competitive events like this are really hyping up the community & getting new people hooked on competitive halo
(`・ω・´)b

I just don't get it... Imagine trying to play CTF (as you remember it from the good Halo games) in Halo 5 on that midship remake if the game has sprint. IT JUST DOESN'T WORK. If you are juggling the flag, you obviously can't be sprinting, yet the other team can still sprint which will cause them to be moving twice the speed of the flag carrier. And midship is so small that they will be able to get to the enemies base before the flag carrier even if the flag carrier is halfway across the map when the enemy team spawns. IT JUST BREAKS THE GAME.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It will be interesting to see if MLG tries to swoop back in and run tournaments now that Halo is back, or if 343 has other plans for Halo moving forward. MLG only has a couple events per year now, but I still think throwback MLG tournaments would be sooo freakin hype man if marketed correctly.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It will be interesting to see if MLG tries to swoop back in and run tournaments now that Halo is back, or if 343 has other plans for Halo moving forward. MLG only has a couple events per year now, but I still think throwback MLG tournaments would be sooo freakin hype man if marketed correctly.

If MLG comes back, as you said, we only get 1 or 2 events/year which personally I think is trash and they will monopolise us so that other TO's can't run Halo unless they run it under their name. We deserve better, despite the good times we had with them.

I really really really hope Bravo and Ghost are fighting tooth and nail to get H5 back to its roots. Because if 343 as a whole is thinking this then say goodbye to Halo as a franchise once again.

https://twitter.com/quinndelhoyo/status/506424968607834112

And this is just utter stupidity. Lets bring up CSGO. The game is fucking huge right now and comparing it to its original predecessors and before (1.6) it hasn't changed much(In terms of big shit like adding ADS or sprint ) . Yes things have changed , but the core game is still the core game and people love it ! Add sprint or ADS to CS and it is just another bland shooter. He needs to get this idea of "sprint is modern , people love it" and the whole idea of adding more shit to the game makes it something new and enjoyable . Its not helping , you are killing the series. 

I guess I am the only one hoping this is an actual OPEN BRACKET EVENT rather than an invite. Tired of being at home, I want to compete or go spectate. Either one, I'm ready to get us all back under one roof again. 

If MLG comes back, as you said, we only get 1 or 2 events/year which personally I think is trash and they will monopolise us so that other TO's can't run Halo unless they run it under their name. We deserve better, despite the good times we had with them.

Unless MLG is signing Halo players on contract, how would they monopolize the scene?