Sign in to follow this  
Joseph

Another Halo 2 Anniversary event before release?

These quinn tweets have me worried... just looking at the tourney play this weekend it's evident how unnecessary sprint is. Not having sprint really opens up better setups, better ability to predict enemy movement, and less BS running away from a bad position. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

All aboard the train, first station is the Masterchief Collection.

Last stop is Halo 5. 

This isn't good news for Halo 5 if Quinn is still defending Sprint and he doesn't understand why Halo 4's had such a huge population drop.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Bringing up that the gaming market has changed since '07 is a great point. You want to satisfy the larger part of the community so that they will play H5 instead of whatever the current COD is at the time. That makes sense, except it has been tried already (H4), and all it managed to do was have almost no one like it. Nobody plays H4. I think satisfying the people who love classic Halo is the safest bet. But its clear they disagree. 

They get it, but at the same time, they don't get it.

Yeah, this is what I was just trying to say. Still fucked, sorry. 

Halo had a unique identity, which was a juggernaut for nine fucking years. Why does it need to change?

The very games that tried to alter that identity are the ones that failed. I'm getting tired of people saying it wasn't because of those games and because of CoD.

Sprint is not needed. There is no argument.

• Upvote (+1) 8

What do you guys think the prize pool will be for their next tournament? I think it will be the huge event before launch.

50k?

100k?

What do you guys think the prize pool will be for their next tournament? I think it will be the huge event before launch.

50k?

100k?

10-20k Max.

50k?

100k?

Probably <30k. They cant do a huge event if no one is able to practice for it in any way. A big 100k+ event a few weeks after launch would be amazing tho. :weback:

And an event that anyone can enter, no invitation at all.

was I the only one that saw the Halo 5 Beta trailer? That had Spartans Sprinting, Power Sliding, and doing some sort of Ground Pound?

CGI trailer.

Huh?

You saw a Halo 5 CGI trailer, that wasn't gameplay and it you shouldn't be using it to represent gameplay at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

All of these different quotes from Quinn. He makes it sound like sprint won't be a thing. But then he sounds like sprint will be a thing. Either way I am happy for no AA. Maybe. I really don't know what to feel. I think.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You saw a Halo 5 CGI trailer, that wasn't gameplay and it you shouldn't be using it to represent gameplay at all.

Everytime they showed that trailer they were talking about the Halo 5 Beta. I'm a realist, I understand with the way things have gone for us in the past there is no reason for me to assume that things I saw in a trailer won't be in gameplay.

I hope we see alot of official teams get invited like not thrown together for the tourney. Maybe the 2gre team with Naded, Snakebite, and Royal 2. Then once you stamp Optic name on eX and get all the Optic twitters tweeting it out they will go nuts especially when they make it far in the tourney.

I don't think that's entirely correct since Stinkles(Frankie) said it was made with ingame assests?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=115558707&postcount=82

Made with in-game assets, sure. Assassin's Creed does stuff just like that but you shouldn't be judging the gameplay based off it (alas jumping from the sky and ground pounding, shoulder tackling (which literally looks like an assassination) and all that). 

Until we see gameplay, we literally don't know how the game will play.

This isn't good news for Halo 5 if Quinn is still defending Sprint and he doesn't understand why Halo 4's had such a huge population drop.

Bringing up that the gaming market has changed since '07 is a great point. You want to satisfy the larger part of the community so that they will play H5 instead of whatever the current COD is at the time. That makes sense, except it has been tried already (H4), and all it managed to do was have almost no one like it. Nobody plays H4. I think satisfying the people who love classic Halo is the safest bet. But its clear they disagree. 

Halo had a unique identity, which was a juggernaut for nine fucking years. Why does it need to change?

The very games that tried to alter that identity are the ones that failed. I'm getting tired of people saying it wasn't because of those games and because of CoD.

Sprint is not needed. There is no argument.

The whole fucking argument about not being able to use population as a sign is stupid. Quinn is seriously stupid for a) saying 2007 for when someone was making an example for 2009-2010 and b) the shooter market has changed a lot since 2009. The console shooter market is exactly the same except for the fact that Halo got shitty. By 2009 CoD4 and MW2 had been released and Halo 3 was still competiting with those games. It wasn't until Reach that Halo stopped being able to compete. Now why is that? It is because exactly like Eagleburn said, Halo had a unique identity. If people didn't like CoD, they played Halo, but with Reach Halo lost its uniqueness so people just went to CoD because it did it better.

• Upvote (+1) 4