CyReN

Halo 2 Anniversary Pre-Release Feedback Thread

The only thing i never really liked about H2 was the movement speed. I've always prefered faster movement speed. Also the camera shake when being naded or shot, at by rockets is a little too heavy. (This is just my personal opinion.)

Nade indicators, nade hitmarkers, screen shake needs to go.

Yep. This pretty much covers everything I've really had a problem with (that can be fixed).

I'm not a huge fan of the player models (using slightly modified Halo 4 models, which I wasn't a fan of), but that's not exactly a gameplay feature that I'm too worried about. And it's (hopefully) only a thing for the 6 H2A maps, so it's a minor detail. 

Yep. This pretty much covers everything I've really had a problem with (that can be fixed).

I'm not a huge fan of the player models (using slightly modified Halo 4 models, which I wasn't a fan of), but that's not exactly a gameplay feature that I'm too worried about. And it's (hopefully) only a thing for the 6 H2A maps, so it's a minor detail. 

I thought I was the only one that didn't like the player models used for spartans in Halo 4!! Happy to hear that others don't like them either! 

• Upvote (+1) 2

1. New medals or bring back the old medals an less medals

2. Removing the screenshake while a grenade is exploding 

3. No hitmarkers... No grenade indicators 

4. The blue team color should be a little bit more visible especially on Lockout! 

Link!!!

He's said a few times that you'll be able to. They're quite aware of people wanting to search a specific game.

He's said a few times that you'll be able to. They're quite aware of people wanting to search a specific game.

Well let's hope that's still the plan!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

That's a pretty old tweet so I wouln't count on that still being the plan.

They know that searching for separate games is an important factor in MCC. I think the whole cross-game searching is just a silly gimmick. No one wants to keep hopping to random games every 10 minutes. It will be fun for a month after launch but people will get bored of it and people will get annoyed that the game/map they wanted wasn't voted for and will likely quit out.

Even if each game only gets one playlist (aka the most popular one) 2v2 CE, 4v4 H2 etc), that's still better than nothing. Of course, you still have customs, which are arguably more fun and more competitive if you find the right people. There will probably be a ton of online tourneys as well, including ones from Beyond.

They know that searching for separate games is an important factor in MCC. I think the whole cross-game searching is just a silly gimmick. No one wants to keep hopping to random games every 10 minutes. It will be fun for a month after launch but people will get bored of it and people will get annoyed that the game/map they wanted wasn't voted for and will likely quit out.

Even if each game only gets one playlist (aka the most popular one) 2v2 CE, 4v4 H2 etc), that's still better than nothing. Of course, you still have customs, which are arguably more fun and more competitive if you find the right people. There will probably be a ton of online tourneys as well, including ones from Beyond.

I hope there are a lot of online tournaments for MCC. Some of us just can't go around traveling from place to place to compete physically. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

1) Sniper ROF. We saw so many quick double shots with no delay in-between shots and no recoil. I believe the rate of fire needs to be slowed down and/or add some recoil.

4) sword weapon swap speed and/or lunge distance. I don't mind the lunge so much as it's pretty true to old halo. But the fact you can weapon swap to sword and imediatly sword lunge is a bit much. So maybe just a slight delay with that sword swap.

tumblr_n8b6oqWsQL1qg1qx9o9_r1_250.gif

Those were some of the few things that were okay from the unfinished version. H3 sword delay made the weapon trash and only used to embarrass someone.

Also, I didn't see anyone bring up the stopping power that was in h4 in H2A. Mainly, when players would do the shortcut jump on lockout if shot in the air they were knocked off after being pushed by the bullets. Either way, without sprint I being around anymore I don't see a need for it.

I hope there are a lot of online tournaments for MCC. Some of us just can't go around traveling from place to place to compete physically. 

Yeah, I live in the UK so the tourney/LAN scene isn't great. I hope for lots of online stuff, too.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Good point about the stopping power, @@Munoz - I hadn't really given it much thought.

I totally agree about the sword though; the only nerf it needed was to be given an ammo limit. The quick draw speed and significant lunge distance truly make it into a power weapon, whereas in Halo 3 and beyond it always felt like more of a niche alternative to the Shotgun than something to really fear.

• Upvote (+1) 1

-Grenade shake definitely has no place, its just crazy. 
-Slower flag speed, chalkie literally walked it in faster 
-Sniper shot speed
-Bleedthrough
-Sword pause when switching to it, either reduce that or lunge

Other than that I think its still looking pretty solid, like a reach halo 4 hybrid that was supposed to exist.

Forgot too add the bolded into original post this also need too go.

-Loud Footsteps

-Hitmarkers

-Grenade Indicator's

-Screen Shaking from grenade exlosion

No, no feedback, they don't need feedback, they've done enough. No sprint? yep, ranks? yep, de-scope? yep. 

Nade markers, hit confirmations and medals? lol I honestly dont care they make the game feel more modern. 

Yeah good point bout the stopping power. That was honestly one of my least favorite features in H4. You'd get shot in the back (even while not sprinting) and get slowed down a noticeable amount. 

I hope they remove that as its not needed and really should have only applied to players who are sprinting in H4.

Other than that. I agree with the consensus that

1. Nade indicators and hitmarkers should be gone. (Would like to keep normal hitmarkers as there is no downside to them)

2. Less nade screen shaking (its annoying)

3. Medals need to be redone and made to look closer to classic (colors, shape, etc) Don't mind if you spruce them up.

Also, I don't really mind faster flag carrier speed. Some people think it adds to the skill gap to juggle it, but I never found it hard to do. Either way is fine with me, just please remove announcer spam when juggling or make the notification text only and out of the way.

Sniper Rifle firing speed in H2A was great. Really liked that it had a classic feel. Sword seemed to play nicely too. I'm in the minority here, but I'd rather see the Sword having unlimited use or 20 total hits instead of 10.