CyReN

Halo 2 Anniversary Pre-Release Feedback Thread

1)decrease aim assist/magnetism 

2) take out nade hitmarkers. I'm fine with nade indicators, players should have a chance to move out of the way

3)take out screen shake, do not add red screen from h2 classic either, make corners of screen red when bleeding out.

4) decrease flag runner speed

5)do not mute players on mainstage during events. Use astro listen ins and allow trashtalk as long as no curse words.

6)br starts across all matchmaking.

•Bring back a responsive strafe like we had in Halo CE and 2. 

•Make rifles harder to use, like the BR. Reduce the auto-aim a bit. 
•Grenade and explosion screen shake must be removed.
•Grenade hit markers and indicators must also be removed.
•Decrease flag runner speed.
•Scrap the Halo 4 medal colors and bring back the classic ones.
•Less medals overall. No silly Reach ones like 'Avenger' and Halo 4 ones like 'Comeback Kill'.

• Upvote (+1) 6

That game 2 in GF it seemed like everyone had a sniper. Idk how that is happening.

On another note, it seems like all the commentators are obsessed with the phrase "absolutely incredible" and it quite annoying lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My general dislike about Halo 2 is being able to hold 8 grenades. I hate having grenade battles for a minute or two.

• Downvote (-1) 5

-8 nades is to many

-aim assist needs to be lowered

-grenade indicators

-shake screen

-the medals.......I dont know why this bugs me as much as it does, but it drives me crazy. In the last game someone got 5 medals for one shot. You should not get a medal for every little thing you do. You should only get them for doing something extraordinary.

• Upvote (+1) 3

- Remove screen shaking with nades or at least tone it down pleeeeease. Watching Pistola trying to snipe from back BR to S2 and all those nades were going off nearby just made it really shit to watch and probably unnecessarily hard for him to focus. I think it should only shake hardcore if the grenade is right under your toes.

- Remove hit markers for grenade explosions, I think BR the hit marker is fine though, being a primarily online game.

- Make sword unlimited - this thing was such a good weapon in H2, you never knew who had it til they whipped it out. Also, as it was unlimited, you had to track down who had it and call that person out to teammates, rather than not knowing when it will respawn unless you are the holder or happen to move past its spawn.

- Bring in BXR, even if it is just a toggle option in custom games. As Kurtis said, it makes non power weapon holders more exciting to watch.

- This one I guess is a big ask, but I wish the bodies went rag doll when hit with a sniper headshot. The way they use to flip backwards/sideways cartwheel in H2 was so satisfying and I think it looked cool as fuck.

- This wont happen either, but there are WAY too many medals. The double, triple etc are all bland and too dark too, I'm not sure if this is because I am colour blind, but I pretty much see no difference between them besides counting the stars. It makes multikills less exciting because I am not sure where they are up to sometimes when they are around the killtrocity mark etc.

- I'm guessing deathmarkers are still being updated? A little skull and crossbones above the dead body could be a cool feature, or at least bring back the red X properly, (unless I am stupid and it was fine already in H2a).

- Rename the ramp on Lockout that runs from bottom blue to under glass "Gooch" because that is pretty much what it is. Mikwen and Legit seemed to love hanging around Gooch on Lockout TS!

- I'm guessing deathmarkers are still being updated? A little skull and crossbones above the dead body could be a cool feature, or at least bring back the red X properly, (unless I am stupid and it was fine already in H2a).

There's a Red X already, just like Halo 2.

There's a Red X already, just like Halo 2.

Yeah, I thought there was. It just didn't seem as clear, but I am a nugget, so that would explain that :P

Edit: Just noticed nugget in your sig!! - are we now best friends?

• Reduce speed when carrying flag.
  • Reduce screen shake when hit by grenade/explosives
  • Reduce range of Sword lunge
  • Reduce rate of fire on Sniper Rifle
  • Remove grenade hit markers
  • Remove weapon indicators
  • Evaluate assassination melee kills. (Saw a few times where melee from the back didn't register)
  • Medals were buggy. (Some double/triple kills showed as Overkills or higher)

--I really, really enjoyed watching competitive H2A. I was a little skeptical before, but after Pax Prime I'm convinced.  I really hope the final 6th map that is the be revealed is a small competitive map so that we have 3 tournament maps to play for future events. Amazing job 343i and Certain Infinity!!!

**Edit: I completely forgot about Forge maps being created in H2A.

I share the thoughts of others. I would just like to add the fact that the rocket firing animation seems off and players struggled. I think all they have to do is speed up the velocity of the rocket itself. Might need to add some splash damage. It just didn't look like a true power weapon from what I saw.

It looks like when you hit the back button, you stop moving. You should be able to keep moving.

Flag running movement needs to be lowered drastically.

Nade indicators need to go and either reduce the amount of grenades you can spawn with or reduce the grenade explosion shaking.

Remove screen shake.
Reduce bullet magnetism.
Increase the BR's RoF by a notch or two so it can face up better against the sniper.
Increase the movement speed and acceleration to making aiming more difficult.

The game looks a bit slow.

while others are saying the obvious things that are bad, i really enjoyed the white lettering for players killing/death on the left side. hope they stick to white and not change color to i think every other game was a blueish. anyone else agree?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1