CyReN

Halo 2 Anniversary Pre-Release Feedback Thread

Halo 2 Anniversary been going on all weekend long at PAX, we saw some great things with the game and maybe some bad depending on what you like. Please leave constructive feedback about what you saw and what you would like changed for the upcoming release. You never know, it could make a difference at 343 Industries and Certain Affinity.

Some things to note if you didn't know:

• Dynamic Map Compound Elements can be forged out
  • Halo 2 Anniversary does have forge
  • Game is still being worked on
  • Upvote (+1) 9

Other possible things that might/need to be changed:

• Physics
  • Hitmarkers
  • Other indicators
  • Weapon Tweaks

I can bear with Grenade Indicators, but grenade hit markers need to go.

Big fan of dynamic events, a little bit too much ice on Lockout, but Waterfall and BR3 ice is very cool.

• Upvote (+1) 4

More movement acceleration
Less/No screen shaking
Less Aim Assist
Slower Flag running speed while carrying
Want Camo powerup confirmed/used
Remove nade indicators

• Upvote (+1) 2

The grenade screen shake needs to go. Hitmarkers need to go. indicators don't really care. At least the ability to turn it all off in customs would be nice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

• Tone down screen shake

Grenade indicators need to either be smaller or gone

Grenade hitmarkers need to be removed

When scoping with the BR have the reticule not change size. So pick a 50/50 between the two.

Flag movement speed ( I guess this is a bug ? )

FOV Increase 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Looks very smooth and fast. Definitely keep that and carry it into H5. I can live with grenade indicators, but really wish grenade hit markers left. I like the ice stuff on lockout and the courtyard jump rock on sanctuary. Hope that the LAN stuff all gets sorted out. I love the local LAN scene.

I believe that the screen shakes are a priority at the moment.

Nade indicators and nade hitmakers might change a bit the ending of a match, 'cuz it helps to locate other players and not risking themselves. But the Screen Shaking is way beyond excessive, even if the nades are in other places (another floor, or another room).

Three things that imo are going to be fixed/changed once the game is out are... Melee Bleedthrough, Medals and Black screens. So I'm not really worried about those.

The top 2 things that should changed asap, are Grenade hitmarkers and Grenade Screen Shaking.

Weapon indicators don't bother me at all because of two reasons:

1) The player has to see the weapon spawn to see the indicator, there's no sign of telling you where's the weapon (opposed to how ordnances worked, telling you where's the weapon and when someone took the weapon)

2) You have to be close to the spawn to actually see the indicator. If you spawn in Flag Base in Sanctuary, the indicator won't appear to for example, Rockets in Ring 1.

I'm thinking of more feedback... but for now I'll leave this opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Flag movement speed might need a slight nerf. The rate of fire on the sniper might also have to be tuned down slightly. Things that have already been said - hopefully grenade screen shaking  and grenade hitmarkers can be toggled off. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Also, please make another good competitive map in DLC if the last one isn't in that niche. Something like warlock would be incredible IMO.

Number 1 priority: GRENADE SCREEN SHAKE. It's terrible, and it needs to go completely. I don't think anyone would defend it right now.

Number 2 priority: reduce aim assist 10-15%. Opens up the skill gap a little more and I'm sure it will still allow noobs to play. 

Nade indicators add to visual clutter IMO, when you have 2-3 grenades flying in it just becomes distracting. Also, there is really not much you can do to move away from the grenade when seeing the indicator, so its pretty useless.

Keep weapon indicators available from a short distance, helps noobs out and doesn't hurt the skill gap (bc still have to time weapons in certain instances).

I would prefer a BR kill time that completely matches H2, but thats just opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Grenade Indicator and Hit Markers- Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating because it was in H4. Honestly, I think it makes it less skillful to know if you know if where, or if you're enemies been hit. And with the grenade indicator takes away the skill of knowing where the grenade is at.

Blackscreen- I know this is obvious by watching the PAX event and even before PAX. But honestly, I think this is mostly Microsoft's fault for not allowing to do offline LAN's.

1. Nade indicators needs to be removed

2. Nade Hitmarkers needs to be removed

3. The screen shaking from nearby nades exploding needs to be reduced.

4. Halo 4 medals need to go(hopefully its just placeholders for better designs)

5. Obvious LAN issues need to be sorted out before launch. 

6. Bring back the original reticule for the BR.

Everything else in H2A is great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Option to tweak auto-aim and bullet magnetism in custom games

FOV needs an increase

and these options:

More movement acceleration
No screen shaking
Remove nade indicators

Only a few things wrong from what I can see, in that obviously I haven't played it:

The auto aim seems a little too strong like in Halo 4

The shaky cam from explosions

Flag run speed

Grenade hitmarkers as well

• Upvote (+1) 1

Those are a guarantee pretty much.

Also, Melees need to be fixed, lunges were missing directly up close. Based on the number of sniper kills, bullet magnetism and/or aim assist need to be reduced and/or match H2