CyReN

Halo 2 Anniversary Pre-Release Feedback Thread

Yo Bonnie Ross herself did say possible DLC could be on the way after launch!!! Hyppppppppeee!!! 

There needs to be if H2A is amazing as everyone is saying it is.

There needs to be if H2A is amazing as everyone is saying it is.

Completely agree, I honestly wouldn't even mind paying $10 for 6 more DLC maps after launch. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Be a better deal than what we got for H3-H4

Well quite honestly that Halo 4 limited edition was one of the best I've ever seen, because it included all 4 map packs. Just sucks that the game was trash. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Am I the only one who would like some ORIGINAL maps tossed into H2A as well? I mean bring on beaver creek and warlock, but cmon. Let's get some new maps that are just as good into the mix.

Inb4 they remake Element  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well quite honestly that Halo 4 limited edition was one of the best I've ever seen, because it included all 4 map packs. Just sucks that the game was trash. 

I wouldn't say it's bad. From a casual's standpoint it's half decent. But it has bad decisions written in the majority of the game. But to be fair in my opinion it had to happen at some point.

I really hope they get around to releasing nearly all of h2 maps remastered for h2a. Theres so many good ones lol

I really hope they get around to releasing nearly all of h2 maps remastered for h2a. Theres so many good ones lol

That's why you have H2 on the disc.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The sniper rate of fire was almost exactly the same in H2 classic as it is in H2 Anniversary! To change it would be wrong !!!

And the H2 sniper was very forgiving. Head shots mean so much less when you can snap off 2 body shots in a split second. Let's add some difficulty to the power weapons.

Am I the only one who would like some ORIGINAL maps tossed into H2A as well? I mean bring on beaver creek and warlock, but cmon. Let's get some new maps that are just as good into the mix.

That would be nice. I'm just waiting to see how good a forged map can be on H2A before I call for original maps. A nice concept, but not a very likely one I don't think.

True it doesn't add anything but it doesn't detract from gameplay. Its one of those things that just is a staple of modern fps games and makes the game a little more welcoming to new players without being noob friendly.

I would argue it does slightly detract from gameplay. Incoming nades are now shown on the screen and could give players a chance to move out the way of them before they explode. 

True it doesn't add anything but it doesn't detract from gameplay. Its one of those things that just is a staple of modern fps games and makes the game a little more welcoming to new players without being noob friendly.

I don't understand this idea that if it's "MODERN" or "STANDARD" Halo has to take part of it. 

Where was all this in Halo CE - 3? Even Reach left out the markers and nade indicators. 

Why should we just deal with the fact it's standard in other shooters and let Halo do the same when it was never needed. People who play Halo know when nades are flying into an area they're positioned at. Not once during the Halo series did anybody say "Man, I sure wish the HUD could tell me where these nades were landing" because people could already see/hear them bouncing around. 

Now you can say Reach and 4 you wouldn't so much because nades were 1,000 pounds and covered in super glue, but that is simply because Reach and H4 are awful games trying to be something that Halo was never designed to be. 

It's our job as content creators and people who have been playing for many years to help new players learn and find success by teaching them what Halo is all about.

If you let the game do that, then there is nothing to learn and it causes a fanbase of lazy players who will never understand the meta game that is Halo. 

And don't even get me started on lore masters that don't even play multiplayer who believe mechanics like this is "more competitive" and refuse to listen to facts and logic. 

That would be nice. I'm just waiting to see how good a forged map can be on H2A before I call for original maps. A nice concept, but not a very likely one I don't think.

One thing about forge that is driving absolutely bonkers though, where is a color pallet and/or aesthetic changes (concrete, metal, natural looks) for pieces to make forge maps blend into the game better?

Games like skate 3 which IMO is a way bigger game as far as engine power goes due to the scale, have done this and succeeded. Halo's maps, even the biggest ones, are smaller than most games out there that have these features.

With the xbox ones power there is no way we can't make very appealing and playable small maps and have to worry about aesthetic and design choices die because of frame issues anymore.  

I don't understand this idea that if it's "MODERN" or "STANDARD" Halo has to take part of it. 

Where was all this in Halo CE - 3? Even Reach left out the markers and nade indicators. 

Why should we just deal with the fact it's standard in other shooters and let Halo do the same when it was never needed. People who play Halo know when nades are flying into an area they're positioned at. Not once during the Halo series did anybody say "Man, I sure wish the HUD could tell me where these nades were landing" because people could already see/hear them bouncing around. 

Now you can say Reach and 4 you wouldn't so much because nades were 1,000 pounds and covered in super glue, but that is simply because Reach and H4 are awful games trying to be something that Halo was never designed to be. 

It's our job as content creators and people who have been playing for many years to help new players learn and find success by teaching them what Halo is all about.

If you let the game do that, then there is nothing to learn and it causes a fanbase of lazy players who will never understand the meta game that is Halo. 

And don't even get me started on lore masters that don't even play multiplayer who believe mechanics like this is "more competitive" and refuse to listen to facts and logic. 

I was not implying that it had to be done in Halo just that it could be done without many repercussions.

I was not implying that it had to be done in Halo just that it could be done without many repercussions.

The repercussion is that people are getting spoon fed information on what is going on in the game. People need to play and fine tune awareness of their surroundings. 

Please support classic H2.

Please support Classic H2 for competitive 

Let us choose which game we want to play in the playlists, none of this "luck of the draw" crap. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I watched a few commentary videos on PAX that were on YouTube saying that grenades feel different still. Such as the plasma grenade taking too long to explode and that there appears to be a delay in throwing the grenade. 

On the new Lockout, there appears to be lessened sight lines compared to the original; especially from S3 looking to the bridge that goes up to B3. 

Let us choose which game we want to play in the playlists, none of this "luck of the draw" crap. 

Dedicated playlists for each game OR WE RIOT!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dedicated playlists for each game OR WE RIOT!!!

They've said before there will be playlists for each separate game in the MCC. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

They've said before there will be playlists for each separate game in the MCC. 

Rumor has it that Halo CE's dedicated servers are going to be hosted in Colombia. Here's an official picture from 343 that was leaked at Gamescom.

8c024790e7df7c1e09457a0e32545c1b.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 5

One thing about forge that is driving absolutely bonkers though, where is a color pallet and/or aesthetic changes (concrete, metal, natural looks) for pieces to make forge maps blend into the game better?

Games like skate 3 which IMO is a way bigger game as far as engine power goes due to the scale, have done this and succeeded. Halo's maps, even the biggest ones, are smaller than most games out there that have these features.

With the xbox ones power there is no way we can't make very appealing and playable small maps and have to worry about aesthetic and design choices die because of frame issues anymore.

Apparently it's pretty hard to make a colour pallet programming wise in forge. I think it was in a QA session that they answerwd that question, sorry forgot which one though

1. Reduce/remove screenshake.

2. Decrease flag carry speed. (is it a bug?)

3. Decrease sniper rate of fire. 

4. New medals, and there should be less medals. 

5. Too many nades? It works in no radar-gametypes but it will make gametypes with radar very boring. 

I think that grenade hitmarks should stay. Hitmarks on bullets but not on grenades will confuse many players.