CyReN

Halo 2 Anniversary Pre-Release Feedback Thread

We need a 50k showdown anounce one month before launch, also someone needs to free T2 :P #weback

• Upvote (+1) 3

Obliviously I would want hitmarker, nade indicators, and the screen shaking gone. But honestly, the game looked fantastic. If those things never got removed, i would still play the shit out of it.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

If I had to pick between removing grenade indicators and screen shake. I would remove screen shake... that is the MOST ANNOYING thing in the world especially to a spectator.. I was getting motion sickness while watching the stream yesterday. Jesus, literally everyone is running around with 8 grenades... x 8 people on a map, you've got like 64 grenades flying around every second.. the screen is ALWAYS SHAKING

PLEASE REMOVE SCREEN SHAKE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1

We need a 50k showdown anounce one month before launch, also someone needs to free T2 :P #weback

can someone explain the Free T2 to me? He's not in jail.. but why does everyone think he is?

can someone explain the Free T2 to me? He's not in jail.. but why does everyone think he is?

what's T2 up to these days?

LoL im assuming....

what's T2 up to these days?

LoL im assuming....

I think that is the joke maybe. Free T2 from Jail(LoL) so he can come back to Halo? IDFK, man, I can't keep up with this communities shenyanigans, but I love it nevertheless. haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

H2A is screaming to have more than 6 maps. Forge maps are great and all. But there are times where I want to see an actual map instead of objects that I see in every forge map.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Nade indicators, nade hitmarkers, screen shake needs to go.

Was literally about to make a thread in regards to what I didn't like and this was at the top of my list.

With out being able to play the game, I can't really say what else should go, except this.

Hit markers and screen shake are bad. But are indicators really that bad? In a game where u can have 8 grenades on small maps.. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

I think that is the joke maybe. Free T2 from Jail(LoL) so he can come back to Halo? IDFK, man, I can't keep up with this communities shenyanigans, but I love it nevertheless. haha

that actually makes sense. League of Legends is a symbol for jail. I agree, #freeT2

-sword makes a sound when you put it away

-some sightlines are a little off, especially on Lockout

-bloodshots

-reload and death animations should be like H2/H3, not H4

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I feel like the red arrows might be a good thing. when you are getting shot from behind, you never really get a chance to respond. This way there is a small chance that you can outduel your enemy if you have the better aim. you're still at a disadvantage, you just have the chance of coming back.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Hit markers and screen shake are bad. But are indicators really that bad? In a game where u can have 8 grenades on small maps.. 

Nade indicators aren't really game breaking, just completely unnecessary and not in the spirit of H2.

After reading through this thread, I feel like a lot of you don't understand that this game is still Halo 2 and there are some things that won't change.

• Upvote (+1) 3

1. No grenade screen shaking

2. New shotgun design (Very picky but yeah)

I know people are saying off with Grenade Indicators but I feel that having them doesn't really detract from the skill gap in any significant way so keep 'em as an innovation to Halo. I also feel that made hit markers are important to have so that the play can make strategic decisions and callouts based on whether or not they hit the person.

Nade indicators aren't really game breaking, just completely unnecessary and not in the spirit of H2.

H2A is supposed to keep the classic feel while adding to the gameplay and since made hit markers don't really detract from gameplay them as a more modern Halo element and addition.

For being a pre-released build I thought the game was amazing.

Keep:

Hitmarkers

Grenade indicators

Weapon indicators

First point to make is that Hitmarkers actually let you know if your shots are registering. Second, grenade indicators arnt really even that bad, a nicely placed nade will be hard to dodge. Lastly I would say I'm against weapon indicators like in H4 but in this case I actually say they're not bad (they are really small anyways).

Overall we need to learn to adjust to new things in halo and all new evolved qualities. I played H2 back in the day competitively and yes it was best, but let it live as a legendary game. We are in the future now which means halo and 343 will bring us new things.

A fan of the new dynamics by the way, not really a fan of heavy screen shaking or the sun brightness blinding you.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

After reading through this thread, I feel like a lot of you don't understand that this game is still Halo 2 and there are some things that won't change.

Exactly, asking for things like a reduction in the BR's auto aim is just not going to be in the cards.  There is a reason that so many people railed against H2 when it first came out (yes I know the patch changed the game dramatically). The extreme amount of auto-aim on the BR was a huge turnoff to a lot of people who played H:CE, and it's not something that I see 343i adjusting.

Most of the other things that I would liked to see fixed/removed from H2A have already been listed numerous times in this thread. However, the biggest things that I would liked to see removed from the game would be grenade indicators/hit markers, and the super annoying screen shake. 

Based on what I watched I would say the following changes would benefit the game:

- Remove/vastly reduce the screen shaking caused by explosions.
- Remove hitmarkers for splash damage.

- Remove grenade indicators (I could live with them, but they're a bit of clutter when lots of nades are flying).

- Melee and sniper registration seemed a little inconsistent at times; improving this would be beneficial.

- Increase the BR's RoF enough to bring it on par with H2C's BR.

- Make sure OS provides the equivalent of +2 layers if it doesn't already (it was difficult to tell on stream).

- Use Forge to put power weapons on drop spawns.

- Reduce aim assist across the board by about 20%. At times the sniper seemed good, but there were way more BR 4 shot kills than I thought appropriate (however the accuracy at range is extremely nice and has been missed).

Overall I really enjoyed what I watched. It may not have had a skillgap as large as Halo CE or Halo 2 Classic, but as most of eXcellence took turns demonstrating individual players can take over games even against other highly skilled veterans. That alone made it the best 4v4 Halo I've watched since Columbus 2012.

EDIT: Mostly irrelevant, but I really like the new BR reticle. I feel that it conveys the precision of a low/no-spread BR much better than the traditional reticle does.

• Upvote (+1) 2

At least I can land my melees. #MeleePowah

For being a pre-released build I thought the game was amazing.

Keep:

Hitmarkers

Grenade indicators

Weapon indicators

First point to make is that Hitmarkers actually let you know if your shots are registering. Second, grenade indicators arnt really even that bad, a nicely placed nade will be hard to dodge. Lastly I would say I'm against weapon indicators like in H4 but in this case I actually say they're not bad (they are really small anyways).

Overall we need to learn to adjust to new things in halo and all new evolved qualities. I played H2 back in the day competitively and yes it was best, but let it live as a legendary game. We are in the future now which means halo and 343 will bring us new things.

A fan of the new dynamics by the way, not really a fan of heavy screen shaking or the sun brightness blinding you.

I think nade hit markers need to go because if you just lob a random nade it shows you damaged someone, giving away there position, which wasn't like that in H2 and takes away from the gameplay. I agree to leave hit markers on the gun shooting thou as it doesn't really add or subtract from the gameplay.

H2A is supposed to keep the classic feel while adding to the gameplay and since made hit markers don't really detract from gameplay them as a more modern Halo element and addition.

It doesn't add anything to the gameplay either, though. 

First point to make is that Hitmarkers actually let you know if your shots are registering.

why do people say this? Hit markers have been in the game since CE, they're just done in a much more efficient way.

When their shields light up that means you're hitting them.

Based on what I watched I would say the following changes would benefit the game:

- Remove/vastly reduce the screen shaking caused by explosions.

- Remove hitmarkers for splash damage.

- Remove grenade indicators (I could live with them, but they're a bit of clutter when lots of nades are flying).

- Melee and sniper registration seemed a little inconsistent at times; improving this would be beneficial.

- Increase the BR's RoF enough to bring it on par with H2C's BR.

- Make sure OS provides the equivalent of +2 layers if it doesn't already (it was difficult to tell on stream).

- Use Forge to put power weapons on drop spawns.

- Reduce aim assist across the board by about 20%. At times the sniper seemed good, but there were way more BR 4 shot kills than I thought appropriate (however the accuracy at range is extremely nice and has been missed).

Overall I really enjoyed what I watched. It may not have had a skillgap as large as Halo CE or Halo 2 Classic, but as most of eXcellence took turns demonstrating individual players can take over games even against other highly skilled veterans. That alone made it the best 4v4 Halo I've watched since Columbus 2012.

EDIT: Mostly irrelevant, but I really like the new BR reticle. I feel that it conveys the precision of a low/no-spread BR much better than the traditional reticle does.

nice post...I agree with everything....including the new BR reticle...