CyReN

Halo 2 Anniversary Pre-Release Feedback Thread

1. Decrease speed when carrying flag.
  2. Remove grenade hit markers
  3. Nerf the screen shaking when grenades explode or take off the effect
  4. More classic Halo medals
  5. Please replace the Halo 4 jeff steitzer voiceover with halo 2,3 or even Reach

For the most part I was very pleased with what i saw with Halo 2A but if this game is used for competitive it needs 1-2 more 4v4 maps

• Upvote (+1) 2

• Decrease speed when carrying flag.
  • Remove grenade hit markers
  • Nerf the screen shaking when grenades explode or take off the effect
  • More classic Halo medals
  • Please replace the Halo 4 jeff steitzer voiceover with halo 2,3 or even Reach
For the most part I was very pleased with what i saw with Halo 2A but if this game is used for competitive it needs 1-2 more 4v4 maps

yep pretty much this except remove grenade indicators as well. and screen shaking needs to be removed. it's a terrible thing in halo.

i also noticed when players were at s1/bottom mid, their screens would shake from genades exploding from s2/top mid. like srsly lmao?

Are the pros in some way prohibited to talk about H2A? I really would like to hear what they have to say about the game. Even if they don´t get public I sincerely hope that 343 have a 32 hour questioning with every one of them, pulling out every thought they have.

I remember seeing someone's screen shake for several seconds because they where being spammed with nades.

How is this any good for gameplay, especially when you can carry 8 nades!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Screen shake reduction please.

Grenade indicators and hitmarks need to go.

A reduction in the medals so that they are closer to the Halo 2 medals. (Rocket Kill, Snipe kill etc pls go)

A reduction in flag movement speed.

Get Xbox to make LAN capability a priority. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are the pros in some way prohibited to talk about H2A? I really would like to hear what they have to say about the game. Even if they don´t get public I sincerely hope that 343 have a 32 hour questioning with every one of them, pulling out every thought they have.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach killed my Halo boner...

But I can tell you now that after that event, I am fully erect.

Has anything been mentioned about a ranking system? Hopefully they keep it like Halo 2/3. I would be so happy.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach killed my Halo boner...

But I can tell you now that after that event, I am fully erect.

Has anything been mentioned about a ranking system? Hopefully they keep it like Halo 2/3. I would be so happy.

You'll be happy to know 1-50 is coming back :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I probably only gona repeat everything said but the more do it the better.

-Grenade hitmarkers and shake need to go, I´m indifferent about the indicatiors the others are a bigger issue IMO.

-From the looks it appears that lower AA and BM would benefit the gameplay on a high level.

-OS sound across map neds to be gone

-The damage markers on your screen are really big and flashy if they need to stay make em smaller and less distracting.

-Beeing able to walk while watching the scoreboard is a must and was annoying as hell in H4.

Also a few questions for the more intelligent people here:

-Since the crosshair of the BR is getting smaller when zoomed in isn´t it harder to aim? since there´s less leeway to get the reticule to snap in on the red? I actually enjoyed this feature from the looks of it.

-Is it harder to get a good strafe programmed in 60fps since drastic changes of direction would just look weird? I´m talking from a solely asthetic site of things, even if it would benefit gameplay maybe a lot of people would be thrown of, but that´s just a thought.

- Remove screen shaking or tone it down a lot

- Less Aim Assist 
- Slow down the flag running speed so juggling is needed
- Remove nade indicators

- Remove/Tone down by a lot the Screen Shake, that's the top priority alongside System Link support.

- Remove the grenade hitmarkers (I'm ok with bullets hitmarkers and with grenade indicators as 8 nades for every player basically means that most of the map is always being blown up).

I'm guessing that most of the other stuff like Flag runner speed, Medals, Audio volume of grenade switching, Camo powerup etc. is just being worked on anyway.

Get those first 2 points right and we might finally have ourselves a "new" competitive and fun Halo for the first time in years now.

Nade indicators, nade hitmarkers, screen shake needs to go.

this x 1000. nothing else is as important

- Get rid of the grenade indicators

- Either take out the grenade shake, or reduce it

- Reduce the speed while carrying the flag

- nerf snipedown and pistola

- Increase the spawn time on capture the flag

- Reduce the sun glare on Sanctuary dramatically

- Take out hitmarkers

- Start adding more traditional Halo 2 style medals

- Fix the kill feed

- I like the "X" marker, but it needs to be a little bigger

- Do something about the Battle Rifle cross hair

edit for more.

[snip]

Agree with most everything you said. BTW, the way you're using queue is incorrect. You want to use 'cue', as in visual 'cue'. Pronounced the same as queue, but queue means an ordered line and cue means something that reminds people of some information.

Less Aim Assist

No screen shake

Map Packs

Everything else I'm fine with because I'm not nit-picky about everything.

Also a few questions for the more intelligent people here:

-Since the crosshair of the BR is getting smaller when zoomed in isn´t it harder to aim? since there´s less leeway to get the reticule to snap in on the red? I actually enjoyed this feature from the looks of it.

I agree with you here. I like how the zoom tightens up the reticule - does anyone know if this affects spread?

then he said he never played classic halo 2 ....

ace is probably the worst person to talk to about this, seeing how 343i cut him a 200k check last year

Well, no one can claim that he has no skills in Halo even if he never played H2... And I was asking after the Halo pros opinions about H2A, nothing else. But there is very little feedback out there...I hope 343 use this events like a mini beta or something.

Ace also seems to be a honest person and I don´t for a second believes that he is bought by 343 and tweets what 343 wants. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with you here. I like how the zoom tightens up the reticule - does anyone know if this affects spread?

I thought the post patch BR didn't have spread.