Sign in to follow this  
Jesse Baker

Do you think H2A could be the main Halo for tournaments?

So ugc decides now ?

Well it's a H2 event so lets see that 21k H2A is pulling. Apparently H2C is the saving grace of Halo. 

Well it's a H2 event so lets see that 21k H2A is pulling. Apparently H2C is the saving grace of Halo. 

Don't base future tournament stream numbers on a pre-release stream. H4 MLG 2012 had good viewership (50k wasn't it?) but the game was dog shit. People tune in to see the game early.

H2C is indisputably the best 4v4 game, that's why people advocate for it

I think classic h2 is gonna look crispy in 1080p/60fps

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't base future tournament stream numbers on a pre-release stream. H4 MLG 2012 had good viewership (50k wasn't it?) but the game was dog shit. People tune in to see the game early.

Oh I know. I made that clear in a earlier post. But you can take that 20k and keep the hype train going. Since H2A isn't a mess like Reach and 4, it shouldn't be a problem getting people into the scene and enjoying watching games. Also, take into account 343 is going to be pushing H2A. So playing H2 is not going to get their support. 

Better make your voices loud H2 and H CE players. 

And that's why every last H2 player I talk to who is still playing H2 thinks it's an awful idea to go back to it. Their biggest reason is scuff controllers and that's a pretty damn legit reason. Sk0ls will go in detail on it Tuesday though. So look out for that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The screen shake is horrid, everything else is nice.

Yep, that's what's really annoying me.

All the rest looks just fine to me for a competitive Halo title if they also remove nades indicators.

And that's why every last H2 player I talk to who is still playing H2 thinks it's an awful idea to go back to it. Their biggest reason is scuff controllers and that's a pretty damn legit reason. Sk0ls will go in detail on it Tuesday though. So look out for that.

It's the best game so people don't want to play it?

/conversation

I've already had that conversation with skols, scuffs won't ruins h2, just make it easier for casuals to abuse the glitches

• Downvote (-1) 1

It's the best game so people don't want to play it?

/conversation

Playing it is fine. Making it flagship? Subjective. 

:

"I've already had that conversation with skols"

And you would know he understands The community is not in the position to rely on Halo 2 to help Halo as a whole grow big enough to have plenty of events in the next year leading up to Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Slayer could work well with the right weapon spawns. Definitely needs a Camo as well as only 1 Sniper

Are we positive that Camo is in forge for H2A? I haven't seen anything about it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

That's not what I said, my point is that I don't think they are any less noticeable than the original markers, 343i already improved the markers using text for easier recognition of players while keeping the rest of the functionality intact.

I said what I preferred. 

Honestly this whole thread is just disappointing to read. We have access to H1 and Classic H2 in 1080p, 60fps, and online capability, but so many people are clamoring for H2A. H2A isn't a bad game but its below H2C in terms of gameplay (read what others have said on this thread and forum if you don't believe me). You can really see the colossal negative effect the last few Halos have had on this community. People are so desperate for a competitive Halo resurgence, they are willing to turn away from the most competitive Halo games that we will have complete access to for the first time in years. People are settling. Maybe because they are so desperate or maybe the community has gotten too use to recent, low-skilled Halo to have played/remember the older Halos. 

If so many of the "competitive" community think H2A should be the main game, then the fight is already lost because the casuals will just go along with H2A as its the newest game. I hope H2A can get large enough to draw in the numbers resurrect Halo or at least pave the way for H5 to become big. No matter what happens, I'm glad I'll enjoy playing online Halo 1. 

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Its pretty crispy on PC with anti aliasing SWAG

Lack of maps is going to hurt H2A

This is one of the main reasons I wouldn't want H2A to be the one. Right now there are 3 maps that we could use. That would not be fun for long.

If we can get warlock and beaver as dlc and get some changes like grenade indicators and hit markers removed, increased rof on br, better strafe, less auto aim and magnestism H2A could be a good game on its own right. Not as good as H1 or H2 but prob better then H3. It could be a game to have its own tournaments. Im still hoping for h2 classic but if we get some of the changes and some mapa for H2A it could work out. I wish they had remastered all the maps then we wouldnt have this problem. 343 could push H2A tournaments and MLG/ESL/UGC could do H1/H2C. We could have best of both worlds. The old games would satisfy the hardcore community while the new one could bring in more people to the community. It would he a win win.

Oh they can. Any event is fair game when it comes to what game they play, but the big thing is will it be a waste of money or not? That's what they're going to care about. 

Most of the TOs generally say no to other Halo events. It's been asked and they generally don't want it H1 is incredibly easier to host than H2 and beyond, it's not even disputable.  

Or...I don't know, do it like the FGC does.  Want to host H1 2's?  Great, we have extra consoles and shit take them.  Just provide some prize money (which a few forum members IIRC have wished to do for some h1 action)  and we'll do some stream for it.  

Lol you expect TOs to make good money in Halo in general.  Heh

People are settling.

No matter what happens, I'm glad I'll enjoy playing online Halo 1. 

Yep

• Upvote (+1) 1

Heres another major point;

H2C has wallglitching, which affects every single battle involving cover and can break certain areas of maps when players abuse it. H2A doesnt.

Pretty big plus in As favour imo

• Upvote (+1) 2

Most of the TOs generally say no to other Halo events. It's been asked and they generally don't want it H1 is incredibly easier to host than H2 and beyond, it's not even disputable.  

Or...I don't know, do it like the FGC does.  Want to host H1 2's?  Great, we have extra consoles and shit take them.  Just provide some prize money (which a few forum members IIRC have wished to do for some h1 action)  and we'll do some stream for it.  

Lol you expect TOs to make good money in Halo in general.  Heh

Nobody should expect back huge numbers but they don't want to BOMB.

I love halo. I will enjoy playing all the games once MCC hits.

As much as I like playing original H2 in small doses, there is no way I can watch it at an event for a full weekend in 2014. Not after seeing h3 events and now h2a, original H2 looks like crap even in 1080p and It will not pull viewers and if everyone keeps pushing that to be the main game it will ruin Halo as a whole for everyone and have an impact on the population going into h5. There are many ways H2A can work, we dont know what the last map is yet, we don't know what surprises we have in forge yet, which could mean being able to create all sorts of great new maps which play even better. Halo 3 might look incredible and play like LAN and if that's the case I'd push that to be the main game.

Yes I think H2A could be the main game, It looks the best, It's the newest, it is the smoothest and many of these trivial issues can be worked out in some way with the maps being the only real issue.

Also I think original H2 Nade smoke which completely blinds you on screen is a lot worse than some grenade shake if I had to choose between the two.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

At first I was saying forsure H2 classic was gonna be the main tournament game for MCC, but after watching H2A PAX I can really see that (H2A) being the main game for tournaments. Would just have to use Ascension as a competitive map and hope that the next remastered map is small and competitive. The only conflict is a lack of map quantity

• Upvote (+1) 2

Honestly this whole thread is just disappointing to read. We have access to H1 and Classic H2 in 1080p, 60fps, and online capability, but so many people are clamoring for H2A. H2A isn't a bad game but its below H2C in terms of gameplay (read what others have said on this thread and forum if you don't believe me). You can really see the colossal negative effect the last few Halos have had on this community. People are so desperate for a competitive Halo resurgence, they are willing to turn away from the most competitive Halo games that we will have complete access to for the first time in years. People are settling. Maybe because they are so desperate or maybe the community has gotten too use to recent, low-skilled Halo to have played/remember the older Halos. 

If so many of the "competitive" community think H2A should be the main game, then the fight is already lost because the casuals will just go along with H2A as its the newest game. I hope H2A can get large enough to draw in the numbers resurrect Halo or at least pave the way for H5 to become big. No matter what happens, I'm glad I'll enjoy playing online Halo 1. 

I understand that it is disappointing to see the competitive Halo community's opinion starting to shift towards H2A being the main game played at Halo tournaments.  Especially when this decision is largely based on the fact that H2A is "newer" and "prettier," making it more attractive to the casual audience.

However, I would argue that this is what the Halo community has always done.  Consider the choices that the competitive community made when it came to Halo 1, 2, and 3.

H:CE was easily the better competitive game when compared to Halo 2, especially when you consider how bad H2 was when it launched.  There were so many problems with H2, that it was panned by many of the top Halo players on the MLG forums. Despite the backlash that H2 received, it was adopted by MLG as their flagship title.  I do understand that the importance of being able to play H2 over XBL was (arguably) the largest driving force behind MLG's decision to pick up H2, but the community still had the choice to continue to play H:CE. 

Now let's fast forward to the release of Halo 3.  Here again, the competitive community and MLG had the choice to stick with Halo 2, instead of moving on to Halo 3.  Keeping H2 as the main competitive Halo game was a viable option at this point, because H2 improved a lot over the course of its life cycle.  The map pack that Bungie released in 2005 not only dramatically improved the basic mechanics of the game, but also added Sanctuary and Warlock to the competitive map pool.  Button glitches were also a major part of the game by this point, and they helped to increase the skill gap of the game.  I realize the main reason players switched to Halo 3 was because it was the first Halo game on the Xbox 360, but the competitive community still could have chosen to stick with H2.

My point in writing all of this is that the competitive Halo community has always chosen the “newer” and “prettier” Halo titles over the more competitive ones.  So now that the Halo community has fallen on hard times, and is desperate for a resurgence, it should not come as a surprise that the community would look toward H2A as Halo’s “savior.”   

Having said all of this, I would prefer that H:CE and H2C were the main competitive games.  However given Halo’s history, I fully expect that H2A will be the main competitive title until Halo 5 is released.

• Upvote (+1) 2